The Student Room Group

Amend student finance maintenance loan before uni starts

Is it too late to amend my maintenance loan figure, since the application closed back in May?

I'll soon be a fresher in England, and I fear I may have misjudged my living costs by deliberately applying for lower than the maximum amount I was eligible for.
Sadly, SFE decided to reduce that amount by around £1k.

I found a ray of hope after finding out Northern Irelanders have a clear option to change their loan amount (https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/completing-your-student-finance-application) but alas, I cannot find such an option on either my SFE account or their website!
Has your household income been assessed? If not then get your parents to complete the pff2 form and upload it to your application to get your household income assessed.

What amount did you ask for and what amount where you awarded?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Has your household income been assessed? If not then get your parents to complete the pff2 form and upload it to your application to get your household income assessed.

What amount did you ask for and what amount where you awarded?

My apologies for the extremely late reply!
Finance issues have now been resolved; ended up staying put with what they gave me, as it's more debt anyhow..
Original post by rain_david
My apologies for the extremely late reply!
Finance issues have now been resolved; ended up staying put with what they gave me, as it's more debt anyhow..

Hi, glad to hear this has been resolved. If you have any further queries please let us know.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending