The Student Room Group

school tests

is it only my school that does this? like my school does these module tests (bit of context here) my school splits the term into modules so module 1 module 2 etc all the way up to module 5 which is the end of term. Then at the end of each module we have a module test. I was just wondering if anyone else's school does this, not complaining about it just curious,
Original post by nikkiblonsky
is it only my school that does this? like my school does these module tests (bit of context here) my school splits the term into modules so module 1 module 2 etc all the way up to module 5 which is the end of term. Then at the end of each module we have a module test. I was just wondering if anyone else's school does this, not complaining about it just curious,

My school does this at the end of every topic to check our understanding, I’m pretty sure it’s the same for all schools in the uk
Original post by Emily~3695
My school does this at the end of every topic to check our understanding, I’m pretty sure it’s the same for all schools in the uk

how do you revise for these may i ask
how do you revise for these may i ask

For every end of topic test I would make a mindmap on that topic and then do a process called blurting later on, this is where I try to write out everything I can remember from that mindmap to see which bits I forget, if there’s an area which I forget often I will go over it in more detail again using my revision guide or textbook. This mainly works for science subjects and for subjects like maths I just did lots of practice. I would also recommend Seneca learning and BBC bitesize to help learn content
For every end of topic test I would make a mindmap on that topic and then do a process called blurting later on, this is where I try to write out everything I can remember from that mindmap to see which bits I forget, if there’s an area which I forget often I will go over it in more detail again using my revision guide or textbook. This mainly works for science subjects and for subjects like maths I just did lots of practice. I would also recommend Seneca learning and BBC bitesize to help learn content

what would recommend for maths to practice?
what would recommend for maths to practice?

There’s loads of websites with maths questions on, My school uses hegarty maths but I’m not sure if you would have access to this, I would recommend Corbett maths and dr frost maths, it’s fairly easy to find practice questions if you just type the topic into google there will be loads of questions for you to have a go at. I would also recommend the YouTube channel examsolutions if there is anything you’re finding particularly difficult
There’s loads of websites with maths questions on, My school uses hegarty maths but I’m not sure if you would have access to this, I would recommend Corbett maths and dr frost maths, it’s fairly easy to find practice questions if you just type the topic into google there will be loads of questions for you to have a go at. I would also recommend the YouTube channel examsolutions if there is anything you’re finding particularly difficult

oh sorry if your bothering you but final question: did you find these useful when you where revising for your end of topic tests for maths?
oh sorry if your bothering you but final question: did you find these useful when you where revising for your end of topic tests for maths?

Yep, thats what I used them for ( I also used them for gcse mock revision and I got a 9 so they definitely work) 😊
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest