The Student Room Group

How to lose weight in 7 days safely

Can you guys suggest me some good diets and link effective workouts ^

Scroll to see replies

lol ok so my mum is doing this diet thing where you can only eat for two hours during the day.

so eg. she has brunch at 11:30 and she can eat whatever she wants between 11:30 to 12:30
and dinner she can eat anything between the one hour window

just try to eat healthy stuff during that window :smile:

also it worked for her as during the first week she lost like 2 kg lolllll
Are you male or female?
Are taking any medication or on a special diet due to food allergy/intolerances?
Original post by Anonymous

oh for workout lol just find them on yt?

i follow Alexis Ren's 10 min workout for my abs and its pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbCt69XAUKA
You can't lose weight in days. At least not lose and keep off. Slowely slowely catchy monkey wins the day.
Reply 5
You won't lose any decent weight in a week, the body doesn't work that easily.

Intermittent fasting is something to look into.
Original post by vix.xvi
lol ok so my mum is doing this diet thing where you can only eat for two hours during the day.

so eg. she has brunch at 11:30 and she can eat whatever she wants between 11:30 to 12:30

Well not quite. Weight loss is calories in vs calories out - you lose weight by creating a calorie deficit. If your mum decided to eat a whole pack of biscuits in that hour, she won't lose weight.

OP - you should lose weight slowly and healthily, but it's literally calories in vs calories out. There are no fad diets or quick options, just a slow, but steady pace.
Try doing a calorie deficit (where u eat less calories and burn more) along with daily workouts! Tell me how it goes😁
I definitely would not advise losing weight in 10 days as it is firstly very difficult to do healthily (please don’t starve yourself or exercise excessively :frown: ) and secondly, even if you do manage to lose the weight, you will put it back on so quickly and it will probably be harder to lose the weight again. If you really want to lose weight, I would look to make small changes slowly. Start going for runs or doing some sort of exercise that you enjoy as this will really help to keep the exercise up. I recommend getting the C25K app if you want to take up running. And I wouldn’t stop eating certain food groups, you can eat everything but try to cut sugar and unhealthy snacks out. Try to replace them with nuts, fruits etc. Make your portion sizes slightly smaller if you tend to overeat.

But the main thing is, and I speak from personal experience, your goal should not just be “I want to lose weight”. It comes alongside it but it’s so difficult to keep it up if this is your main goal. You should focus more on improving yourself to live a healthier lifestyle and trust me, you will see the results!

Also, I don’t know if you’re one of these people, but please please don’t weigh yourself constantly. Maybe every month or every 2 weeks or so to see your progress but weighing yourself every day can be so harmful and will probably put you off if you feel like there are no results but it’s only because it doesn’t happen overnight!
Hey! I'd recommend not to aim to lose weight in such a small window, as the body would likely gain back anything lost very quickly, and trying to lose weight in such a small time could actually do more damage then good. I'd say to maybe set out a more realistic time period to lose it in, and use a mixture of workouts (I quite like the Alexis Ren one), healthier eating (perhaps go vegetarian for a month, and maybe if you tend to snack, replace them with healthier foods like cucumber and carrot sticks) and try to drink a lot of water and a mixture of detox drinks (like green tea, or lemon/cucumber water). Hope this helps!
You don’t need any particular fancy diet, just eat a healthy and balanced diet (and three meals a day - skipping doesn’t help) and exercise and you’ll lose weight. How much you lose will depend on your weight and height now and how fit you are.

I’m currently on a diet with a nutritionist and this is what I have:
Exercise before breakfast, have a couple of almonds or a walnut beforehand with water.
Breakfast: a slice of wholemeal bread, an egg, cucumbers, tomatoes and plenty of greens such as fresh parsley and mint.
Lunch: 120gr of some protein cooked without fat (chicken, fish whatever you want), as much salad as i want and a bowl of low fat greek yoghurt
Dinner: A small portion of a vegetarian dish (about 4/5 tablespoons), usually lentils or some sort of beans, cooked/had with some olive oil, again as much salad as i want (forgot to mention no dressing except for healthy ones like lemon juice and some salt) a little bit of greek yoghurt and a slice of wholemeal bread.
Exercise again after dinner. I was told at leaat 10,000 fast paced steps (you should be out of breath) but i try to do at least 15,000 a day.
I have some snacks sometimes and they’re usually like an apple, or a low fat and sugar activia yoghurt or some green tea or a dark rye ryvita.
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
I definitely would not advise losing weight in 10 days as it is firstly very difficult to do healthily (please don’t starve yourself or exercise excessively :frown: ) and secondly, even if you do manage to lose the weight, you will put it back on so quickly and it will probably be harder to lose the weight again. If you really want to lose weight, I would look to make small changes slowly. Start going for runs or doing some sort of exercise that you enjoy as this will really help to keep the exercise up. I recommend getting the C25K app if you want to take up running. And I wouldn’t stop eating certain food groups, you can eat everything but try to cut sugar and unhealthy snacks out. Try to replace them with nuts, fruits etc. Make your portion sizes slightly smaller if you tend to overeat.

But the main thing is, and I speak from personal experience, your goal should not just be “I want to lose weight”. It comes alongside it but it’s so difficult to keep it up if this is your main goal. You should focus more on improving yourself to live a healthier lifestyle and trust me, you will see the results!

Also, I don’t know if you’re one of these people, but please please don’t weigh yourself constantly. Maybe every month or every 2 weeks or so to see your progress but weighing yourself every day can be so harmful and will probably put you off if you feel like there are no results but it’s only because it doesn’t happen overnight!

Cannot stress this enough. As someone with/starting recovery from an eating disorder, I used to weigh myself multiple times per day. It's only at the start of my self-guided CBT that I now have stopped doing that and I feel so much happier not knowing my weight. I'm allowed to weigh once per week, but that's it.
Cannot stress this enough. As someone with/starting recovery from an eating disorder, I used to weigh myself multiple times per day. It's only at the start of my self-guided CBT that I now have stopped doing that and I feel so much happier not knowing my weight. I'm allowed to weigh once per week, but that's it.

PRSOM
Pills should do the trick and dance workouts
Pills should do the trick and dance workouts

I don’t know if pills is meant to mean something else and I’m missing something but if you mean weight loss pills, OP please please don’t use them! They are not good for you and it’s much much better to lose the weight naturally!!
Why do you want to lose weight specifically in 7 days? A sustained calorie deficit with an effective training program should do the trick.

You will not lose anything that amounts to bodyfat in any palpable way in just a week.

Seriously!

If you are serious about getting into shape, go for a long-term gains approach; it will be far more rewarding and you will look & feel healthier and better for it.
Original post by vix.xvi

Seriously!
Original post by londonmyst
Are you male or female?
Are taking any medication or on a special diet due to food allergy/intolerances?

Female and nope
Original post by Bio 7
You won't lose any decent weight in a week, the body doesn't work that easily.

Intermittent fasting is something to look into.

Ok ty :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending