The Student Room Group

A level results day 2020 "I am nervous" official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dasda
Nah normal degree.

That’s a madness. I have the exact same offer for Birmingham computer science (my 5th).
Reply 61
Original post by Banshee123
Pwc partnership ??

What have you applied for
Reply 62
That’s a madness. I have the exact same offer for Birmingham computer science (my 5th).

Which unis did you apply for
Original post by dasda
Which unis did you apply for

I have a sob story, applied to med . 3/4 interviews . Now rejected from all. Holding CS at bham as my 5th (unconditional). I’m gap year student who did AAA last year in math bio chem. It’s very painful story ...
Reply 64
I have a sob story, applied to med . 3/4 interviews . Now rejected from all. Holding CS at bham as my 5th (unconditional). I’m gap year student who did AAA last year in math bio chem. It’s very painful story ...

That's peak. Only one guy from our school got offers for medicine. U thinking of doing graduate medicine.
Original post by dasda
That's peak. Only one guy from our school got offers for medicine. U thinking of doing graduate medicine.

No .
Original post by BubblyNotes
this hits. sleep has been so bad recently bc of results. Good luck though and hope ur able to get some rest at night and have more ease hopefully 🙏🏻Rooting for us in this Covid crisis, hope we get what we all deserve

wishing you the best as well!:heart:
Original post by mpaprika
wishing you the best as well!:heart:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️tyyyy
Good luck to everyone. Being nervous is just part of the process. It's an unorthodox method this year but i hope everyone gets the grades they deserve.
Original post by Sweet Heart bab
How is your teacher going to give you a grade in your home language??

Well we were asked to come in for one random exam during June (with social distancing, n they called it a “mock”😒) there was like 10 of us from yr13 . But it just worries me/was rough bc we had nothing /no topic to prepare for and basically Did it blind. Other than that there were teachers who knew the languages and seen some of our work before so it may be coupled with that too. But honestly this whole stress is such a mess and Idek if I’ll get any grade for it At this point :///😅😅😅
Original post by bored_user:)
Oh wow mate that seems tough! You must be from Pakistan btw! Good luck!!

Ah ha yea thank you good luck too , proper nervous. yeah , Pakistani :smile: but born in the UK :-) . I Mainly had to pick up home Lang n the EPQ in yr13 tho bc I was too stressed out/overwhelmed/unable to understand a level politics n was suggested by teachers to drop it then instead pick the language and EPQ up for qualifications /applying for uni. At the time this seemed good and kind of still does now but the only massive disadvantage is that there isn’t a load of evidence to generate these two grades. Thus, I’m trying to not worry too much about sociology n philosophy but still doing good in 2 a levels won’t be enough for me so yes its just all one big confusing mess. I’m trying to just go with the flow, being like it is what it is but internally quivering ughhhh🙂🙂🙂🙂
Ah ha yea thank you good luck too , proper nervous. yeah , Pakistani :smile: but born in the UK :-) . I Mainly had to pick up home Lang n the EPQ in yr13 tho bc I was too stressed out/overwhelmed/unable to understand a level politics n was suggested by teachers to drop it then instead pick the language and EPQ up for qualifications /applying for uni. At the time this seemed good and kind of still does now but the only massive disadvantage is that there isn’t a load of evidence to generate these two grades. Thus, I’m trying to not worry too much about sociology n philosophy but still doing good in 2 a levels won’t be enough for me so yes its just all one big confusing mess. I’m trying to just go with the flow, being like it is what it is but internally quivering ughhhh🙂🙂🙂🙂

ugghhh yeahhh I know the struggle lol. good luck tho!!
ugghhh yeahhh I know the struggle lol. good luck tho!!

Thanks appreciate it lmao hope we all do pull thru n things do be okay in the end
Thanks appreciate it lmao hope we all do pull thru n things do be okay in the end

awww yeah mate 😊
Reply 74
hi. what are the basis of your thinking you will get ABB/ABC? It is too wide from A*AA.
heyy so I basically set this up cause I am feeling SUPER nervous about A level results day and I thought that we as TSR-ians need to be there for each other and support each other.

We are probably the only students in history who are getting A level grades without sitting actual exams and with standardisation and everything... things are very uncertain and it is so confusing and frustrating.

So just DM people on this thread to support them or to ask for support during these difficult days.

So...

What A levels did you "sit"?
What are you expecting?
What do you need?
And which Uni have you firmed?

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about?

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!

So I have "sat" Graphic design, History, and Sociology A-level exams and I think I'm expected at least all B's? I'm not too sure but I need 3 B's for university haha. I did get one unconditional offer but made it my second choice due to travel issues but my firm choice is Northumbria University in Newcastle!

I am nervous, mainly because I have a severe anxiety disorder, but mostly because I really need these grades to get in. I've gone through DSA (disabled students allowance) and gotten a laptop and extra support so if I don't go to uni do I just give the laptop back or not because I paid £200 towards it? What do I do if I can't get into any local uni's because my mental health will not let me move away and I have 5 birds as pets so accommodation is out of the question? It's all just a mess lol.

I wish you the best of luck too! <3
Reply 76
Original post by Nova1407
So I have "sat" Graphic design, History, and Sociology A-level exams and I think I'm expected at least all B's? I'm not too sure but I need 3 B's for university haha. I did get one unconditional offer but made it my second choice due to travel issues but my firm choice is Northumbria University in Newcastle!

I am nervous, mainly because I have a severe anxiety disorder, but mostly because I really need these grades to get in. I've gone through DSA (disabled students allowance) and gotten a laptop and extra support so if I don't go to uni do I just give the laptop back or not because I paid £200 towards it? What do I do if I can't get into any local uni's because my mental health will not let me move away and I have 5 birds as pets so accommodation is out of the question? It's all just a mess lol.

I wish you the best of luck too! <3

In regards to the DSA equipment, was your equipment provider called InVate? After I got my entitlement letter, I emailed invate about the equipment and I basically got a reply which was like “before we proceed, we must make you aware that if you don’t take your place at your chosen university, you will be responsible to cover the cost of all the equipment” but I don’t know your situation. While I only need 3 Cs to get into my firm, I hope the exam boards don’t screw me over otherwise I’m looking at paying nearly £2.000 back to DSA.

Also, Northumbria is actually my insurance mainly because they offered a place on their foundation year course if I get 80 UCAS Points. I really want my firm though because from what I’ve been told, Northumbria’s film and tv production course isn’t accredited like my firm is meaning it’ll be harder for me to get a job in the media afterwards.
Original post by mass63
hi. what are the basis of your thinking you will get ABB/ABC? It is too wide from A*AA.

I'm assuming this was question was for me?

It's because my school performs quite badly at A-Levels. For example, last year in a maths cohort of around 30 people, one person achieved A*, 2As and with chemistry (cohort of around 25ish people i think), no A*s and only 3As. It's this combined with not being too optimistic about my ranking because thia year's cohort at my school are just really, really, really good compared to the previous years with much more capable people.
Original post by mass63

Heyyy I think I will get lower grades because of standardisation
Original post by inoubliable
I'm assuming this was question was for me?

It's because my school performs quite badly at A-Levels. For example, last year in a maths cohort of around 30 people, one person achieved A*, 2As and with chemistry (cohort of around 25ish people i think), no A*s and only 3As. It's this combined with not being too optimistic about my ranking because thia year's cohort at my school are just really, really, really good compared to the previous years with much more capable people.

No me, my predictions are A*AA and I think I will get ABB or ABC

Quick Reply

Latest