The Student Room Group

Help with DBS

Help!
Teachers, managers, nursery staff, etc
I am on the updated service regarding my DBS
Would I need another one to work in a school and do I need a specific one?
Reply 1
I have accepted a place at Cardiff Met so I have now applied for the DBS Checks. I have received my certificate for Enhanced DBS ... is there another one like the standard DBS or is it JUST the enhanced ??? Bit confused
Original post by nilima1992
Help!
Teachers, managers, nursery staff, etc
I am on the updated service regarding my DBS
Would I need another one to work in a school and do I need a specific one?

Hi

It depends what DBS is on the update service. The update service only applies to the same workforce / type of check as the initial DBS check. For example, if you had a standard DBS check for working with adults in a care home setting your update service will only reproduce a check for that workforce.

To work in school you will require an Enhanced DBS check for the child workforce. If your previous DBS and the one you have registered for the update service with is an Enhanced check and it covers the child workforce it should be fine. You can check the type of check and the workforce on your original certificate.

Some schools can have in their policy that they check everyone that works there themselves and may apply for a new DBS for you regardless of your previous ones so I'd wait and contact the individual school or setting for advice with regards to what vetting process you will need to go through.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending