The Student Room Group

PGCE; re: near pass

Hello there

I have to pass 2 modules on my course. I got a distinction in one, but for the other I had a 'near pass'.

Anyone ever had one of those?
Don't know wtf it even is.......really stressed as can't get hold of Uni staff and no one seems to know.

If it means you can't pass the module, can it be appealed?

thanks for any advice
Near pass would be like you e got all the right things just maybe missing one or two elements that are needed.

See if you can contact anyone at the university at all and ask for some feedback.

Or alternatively you could seek for an appeal and see what they say!

Good luck!
Original post by zafreenfarooque
Hello there

I have to pass 2 modules on my course. I got a distinction in one, but for the other I had a 'near pass'.

Anyone ever had one of those?
Don't know wtf it even is.......really stressed as can't get hold of Uni staff and no one seems to know.

If it means you can't pass the module, can it be appealed?

thanks for any advice

I think you need to keep trying to get hold of your uni.

Is the module for your PGCE or your QTS?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
I think you need to keep trying to get hold of your uni.

Is the module for your PGCE or your QTS?

Hi ya
It's for PGCE
Original post by ClaudiaVan
Near pass would be like you e got all the right things just maybe missing one or two elements that are needed.

See if you can contact anyone at the university at all and ask for some feedback.

Or alternatively you could seek for an appeal and see what they say!

Good luck!

Ok many thanks
Ok many thanks

I've not heard the phrase before but it sounds as if it is something you can rectify.
Hi ya
It's for PGCE

Contact the uni. If it's for your PGCE, it doesn't sound like a disaster, as you will still get QTS. But it may be that you can resubmit and pass the assignment/module.
Original post by Muttley79
I've not heard the phrase before but it sounds as if it is something you can rectify.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest