The Student Room Group

China forces birth control on Uighurs and other minorities

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ascend
No one is under the illusion that China listens to international humanitarian appeals. The point is to pressure them where it really hurts: money. And there's no better time than right now:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/06/china-superpower-defense-technology-spending/

Like all sanctions it will backfire, and this one isn't even likely to achieve anything.

The Uyghurs had much higher birth rates than the rest of the Chinese nations, meaning the normal Chinese birth control measures didn't work.
Chinese plan in extremely long terms, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered about 11 mln people, when they have total population of 1,3 billion.
Even if these sanctions come they know all they have to do is to wait for another elections in the West.
Original post by PTMalewski
If all they do to them is sterilisation and abortion, then this is not even remotely as bad as the Holocaust.

There have been many reports that they are being tortured as well. This is clearly not just sterilisation and abortion.
Like all sanctions it will backfire, and this one isn't even likely to achieve anything.

The Uyghurs had much higher birth rates than the rest of the Chinese nations, meaning the normal Chinese birth control measures didn't work.
Chinese plan in extremely long terms, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered about 11 mln people, when they have total population of 1,3 billion.
Even if these sanctions come they know all they have to do is to wait for another elections in the West.

Not sure if you’ve watched the most recent drone video of scores of bound and blindfolded people (Uyghurs I assume) being led onto trains to, one can only assume, concentration camps set up by China.

Trump was right.

**** CHINA

FREE HONG KONG
Original post by The RAR
I mean this is China after all, probably the most backwards authoritarian country in the world second to North Korea. You know what will happen if you protest over there.

Same here, nuking China don't seem so bad now

I actually meant activists in the West.
Original post by Occitanie
Trump was right.

That'll be the same Trump who previously praised Xi Jinping as a great man and a good buddy, etc.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
That'll be the same Trump who previously praised Xi Jinping as a great man and a good buddy, etc.

Previously.

It's his stance now that matters. Trump was an idiot to have praised Xi, and for that matter Rocket Man.
Reply 46
Original post by Fullofsurprises

It's also the same Trump who approved of China's genocide against the Uighurs.

Previously.

It's his stance now that matters. Trump was an idiot to have praised Xi, and for that matter Rocket Man.

His stance now is meaningless. Trump has no principles beyond his own personal interests. His positions are always in flux to reflect this. Don't count on him ever keeping his word.
Original post by excitedpresent
There have been many reports that they are being tortured as well. This is clearly not just sterilisation and abortion.

My advice is this: read memories of the Holocaust survivors before you compare anything to Holocaust.

Not sure if you’ve watched the most recent drone video of scores of bound and blindfolded people (Uyghurs I assume) being led onto trains to, one can only assume, concentration camps set up by China.

Trump was right.

**** CHINA

FREE HONG KONG

Let's be realistic, the US won't attack China to free anyone.

The Chinese will either force Uyghurs to have reproduction rates equal to the rest, or they will start shooting at them, or causing epidemics to kill them. I think not being able to have children is better than being shot.

I guess once Muslims outnumber others in Europe, they will do the same the people living on our continent. Send plagues to kill a potential threat.
Reply 48
My advice is this: read memories of the Holocaust survivors before you compare anything to Holocaust.

Let's be realistic, the US won't attack China to free anyone.

The Chinese will either force Uyghurs to have reproduction rates equal to the rest, or they will start shooting at them, or causing epidemics to kill them. I think not being able to have children is better than being shot.

I guess once Muslims outnumber others in Europe, they will do the same the people living on our continent. Send plagues to kill a potential threat.

One of the oldest methods of waging war.
Original post by Napp
One of the oldest methods of waging war.

Indeed! Put some dead, infected bodies on the catapult, and launch them into the enemy town.

Genocide is genocide. The holocaust was a particularaly brutal genocide, and what's happening to the uighar muslims is ALSO genocide. Just because they're not being burned in ovens doesn't mean they don't deserve our help.
Genocide is genocide. The holocaust was a particularaly brutal genocide, and what's happening to the uighar muslims is ALSO genocide. Just because they're not being burned in ovens doesn't mean they don't deserve our help.

I think people who were imprisoned in Nazi concentration camps, would volunteer to be sterilised if only that meant they would be then left alone.
I surely would.
That's my only point.
I think people who were imprisoned in Nazi concentration camps, would volunteer to be sterilised if only that meant they would be then left alone.
I surely would.
That's my only point.

im just gonna stop replying to this bc otherwsie im gonna say something that gets me banned.
im just gonna stop replying to this bc otherwsie im gonna say something that gets me banned.

Let's just say that your moral stance is right, but the comparision isn't historically accurate.
Let's just say that your moral stance is right, but the comparision isn't historically accurate.

So what kind of treatment do these muslims need to endure for the comparison to be accurate then?
I see Godwin's law has struck once again.

Let's move away from all historical comparisons for the time being please, it certainly hasn't got us far at the moment. :redface:
So what kind of treatment do these muslims need to endure for the comparison to be accurate then?

How about being shot or beaten to death for smallest offences, like saying something your oppressors don' like or having food you were not supposed to have, being frozen alive or having gasoline injected to their veins?
That's what was happening during the Holocaust. You just can't say that A is equal to B, even if both are on the negative side of the line, but values differ.

(Original post by PTMalewski)

"Let's just say that your moral stance is right, but the comparision isn't historically accurate."

Perhaps a better comparison then, would be the practice of forced eugenics: arranging reproduction within a population to increase the occurrence of inherited characteristics determined as 'desirable '.

I wonder how the Uighurs are classified in China: idiot, cretin, imbecile or moron?

China has embarked on a form of race hygiene and it's not just the Uighur's that are undesirables. At what point does the Final Solution become apparent?

Seems to me that comparing Xingping with Winnie missed the mark by quite a margin.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
I see Godwin's law has struck once again.

Let's move away from all historical comparisons for the time being please, it certainly hasn't got us far at the moment. :redface:

Why though? History does have a tendency to repeat itself...
Original post by uberteknik
(Original post by PTMalewski)

"Let's just say that your moral stance is right, but the comparision isn't historically accurate."

Perhaps a better comparison then, would be the practice of forced eugenics: arranging reproduction within a population to increase the occurrence of inherited characteristics determined as 'desirable '.

I wonder how the Uighurs are classified in China: idiot, cretin, imbecile or moron?

China has embarked on a form of race hygiene and it's not just the Uighur's that are undesirables. At what point does the Final Solution become apparent?

Seems to me that comparing Xingping with Winnie missed the mark by quite a margin.

I don't see how copy and pasting from another user answers my question ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending