The Student Room Group

FE outside U.K....up to date links..

Hi,
I’m sure there’s info somewhere on this site...
Which countries can British study in FE outside U.K. which are good in quality and better in price than U.K. please?
Latest update to date sites?
Implications of BREXIT on this?

We will be look in at FE around two/three years from now...

Much appreciated!
Original post by Expatcominghome
Hi,
Which countries can British study in FE outside U.K. which are good in quality and better in price than U.K. please?

Much appreciated!

Just to clarify, you're looking for FE, not HE, right? HE is degree-level (i.e. university), FE is below that but for people above school leaving age (i.e. college or sixth form).

If you're looking for FE, then there aren't really many costs in the UK unless you're going to a private school.

If it is HE you're looking at, it depends very much on location. European countries usually have cheaper tuition than the UK, but I am not sure about rates for EU students compared to International students with Brexit coming up. You may also need a visa to study in the EU post-Brexit. Although the USA generally has very high tuition fees, there are scholarships available from both universities and outside sources that it may be worth looking into if you are interested in this. A lot of colleges also offer funding for students if they can't afford a US education. If this is something you want more information on, feel free to PM me.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about university costs in the UK if you're a British Citizen. £9250 tuition per year seems like a lot, but tuition loans cover this fully and the repayment of these loans are very generous and forgiving.
Thanks..it’s HE....
Original post by Expatcominghome
Hi,

Much appreciated!

I doubt such information is on the site, most requests are for UK education.
Brexit will mean all EU countries will treat you as a non EU student after the end of the year.
That said countries such as the Netherlands and Denmark have courses taught in English at low cost relative to the UK. You will need to fund them yourself though. You will need to do your own research on other EU countries.
Original post by 999tigger
I doubt such information is on the site, most requests are for UK education.
Brexit will mean all EU countries will treat you as a non EU student after the end of the year.
That said countries such as the Netherlands and Denmark have courses taught in English at low cost relative to the UK. You will need to fund them yourself though. You will need to do your own research on other EU countries.

This is the international study section of the site.... for studying outside of the UK. With the number of people on this forum, somebody will probably have answers
Original post by ry7xsfa
This is the international study section of the site.... for studying outside of the UK. With the number of people on this forum, somebody will probably have answers

I'm well aware what section it is.
If you have the links the OP requested and expected to find on the site feel free to post them as they will be useful to others.
The international section of the site is fairly quiet. Ofc there is the chance someone will pass by and give comprehensive information, but throughout my TSR posting experience this would be a lucky shot. You have 20 posts and I have a few more, which I am basing it on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending