The Student Room Group

Thigh Gap

I really want a thigh gap so badly. Whenever I do an inner thigh workout, the lower section of my inner thighs become slim, but the upper section of my inner thighs don't. They are rounded so they always touch each other.
Does anyone have any good workouts to get a thigh gap in less than 2 weeks? I'm not going to put measurements because I want to see visual change.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Or if anyone knows any specific things I should do about my diet, form, certain exercises etc.
Original post by Anonymous
I really want a thigh gap so badly. Whenever I do an inner thigh workout, the lower section of my inner thighs become slim, but the upper section of my inner thighs don't. They are rounded so they always touch each other.
Does anyone have any good workouts to get a thigh gap in less than 2 weeks? I'm not going to put measurements because I want to see visual change.

Thigh workouts for thigh gaps are a load of nonsense (they don't work).
A lot of whether you develop a thigh gap or not is based on your maturity and genetics which determine how much your hips will widen with age.
There is nothing you can do to force a thigh gap to appear in 2 weeks!
You are much better off learning to love yourself and adopting longer term good health & lifestyle changes.
Reply 3

Why is a thigh gap important to you? Is something going on for you that you're focussing on it so you don't have to deal with something else? Self confidence and having a healthy relationship with your body is more important. Speak to someone if you're feeling down about yourself. Thigh gaps aren't important in the grand scheme of things. Be happy and grateful for what your body does for you on a daily basis. Be kind to yourself and your body. You only get one body!

As a side note, thigh gaps are often related hip size, genetics, etc. There's not much you can do to get one, especially within such a short space of time. Why do you want it in 2 weeks?
Why on earth are you so focused on a thigh gap?! Be healthy and fit and stop worrying about trivial **** you can’t change. No diet on earth can target a specific area.
Reply 5
Original post by Feastful
Thigh workouts for thigh gaps are a load of nonsense (they don't work).
A lot of whether you develop a thigh gap or not is based on your maturity and genetics which determine how much your hips will widen with age.
There is nothing you can do to force a thigh gap to appear in 2 weeks!
You are much better off learning to love yourself and adopting longer term good health & lifestyle changes.

Original post by Pathway
Why is a thigh gap important to you? Is something going on for you that you're focussing on it so you don't have to deal with something else? Self confidence and having a healthy relationship with your body is more important. Speak to someone if you're feeling down about yourself. Thigh gaps aren't important in the grand scheme of things. Be happy and grateful for what your body does for you on a daily basis. Be kind to yourself and your body. You only get one body!

As a side note, thigh gaps are often related hip size, genetics, etc. There's not much you can do to get one, especially within such a short space of time. Why do you want it in 2 weeks?

Original post by Georgie0
Why on earth are you so focused on a thigh gap?! Be healthy and fit and stop worrying about trivial **** you can’t change. No diet on earth can target a specific area.

I don't understand why everyone is acting as if thigh gaps are horrible and bad to your health or something. I'm not super obsessed with getting one, in fact, I would be okay if I just had slimmer thighs in general. Everyone says the same 'love yourself' s*** all the time, and it's kind of annoying.
I would love myself a lot more if I had slimmer thighs, and isn't it a similar situation if someone wanted a six pack? You wouldn't tell them 'don't worry about getting a six pack, cuz you need to love your body' would you?
Reply 6
I don't understand why everyone is acting as if thigh gaps are horrible and bad to your health or something. I'm not super obsessed with getting one, in fact, I would be okay if I just had slimmer thighs in general. Everyone says the same 'love yourself' s*** all the time, and it's kind of annoying.
I would love myself a lot more if I had slimmer thighs, and isn't it a similar situation if someone wanted a six pack? You wouldn't tell them 'don't worry about getting a six pack, cuz you need to love your body' would you?

Actually, yeah I would. Lol. I don't think they're horrible. I have one myself, I don't think it's something to be focussed on getting when you could be focussing on your health and improving the relationship you have with yourself and your body. If you end up with one, great. If you don't, great. Health, both physically and mentally, is one of the most important things in this world.

Perhaps I am seeing this from a different perspective. I am disabled, my body is not what I would like it to be. I am having to come to terms with that and accepting it. I also have an eating disorder (anorexia nervosa) that has caused a lot of issues for me in my life. I am basically saying that focussing on getting one specific thing when it is inconsequential and won't improve things for you when you don't do the work on yourself, is gonna cause you more issues than it solves. If your love for yourself is determined by what you look like, or the number on the scale, or any other number of things, then it's not genuine and can lead to problems.
U can't spot reduce fat. If anything doing thigh workouts will make your thighs thicker.
Reply 8
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
U can't spot reduce fat. If anything doing thigh workouts will make your thighs thicker.

I thought they tone your legs so there will be more muscle and it will look slim?
I thought they tone your legs so there will be more muscle and it will look slim?

There is no such thing as toning your body. Your body can build muscle, your body can lose muscle, no such thing as toning. Losing fat makes you slim and this is achieved through a caloric deficit.
There is no such thing as toning your body. Your body can build muscle, your body can lose muscle, no such thing as toning. Losing fat makes you slim and this is achieved through a caloric deficit.

Oh okay, thanks for the info!:smile: All the fitness channels on YouTube say that their workout tone your thighs and make them lean, but I guess it was a waste of time. I've gone into a caloric deficit, but why do my thighs never get slimmer, only the rest of my body?
Reply 11
why would you want a thigh gap?

Spoiler

Original post by macy_m
why would you want a thigh gap?

Spoiler

I wish we could swap:frown: But to answer your question, I want one because I like how they look, and it flatters certain clothing items(e.g. shorts) more than my fat thighs. Chaffing is horrible and I don't want to look 'thick'
Reply 13
I wish we could swap:frown: But to answer your question, I want one because I like how they look, and it flatters certain clothing items(e.g. shorts) more than my fat thighs. Chaffing is horrible and I don't want to look 'thick'

if it helps one of the reasons i hate mine is because this new generation starts to prefer, 'curvier' or shall i even say 'thicker' (not my terminology :no:) girls. But either society girls to be curvy and skinny, to have nice hips but a thigh gap, so we can never truly be perfect, just embrace your body, lots of people are probably jealous of what you look like! :h:
Do bear in mind that whether it is even possible for you can have a thigh gap is dependent upon your bone structure and genetics.
I have found that many of the online workouts and toning exercises can be quite effective as regards working towards achieving a specific look, body shape or losing weight overall.

Do you want a thigh gap because you because you consider it beautiful, an example of how working out can improve your personal fitness or are you hoping to attract dating interest from guys that prefer girls with a thigh gap?
Oh okay, thanks for the info!:smile: All the fitness channels on YouTube say that their workout tone your thighs and make them lean, but I guess it was a waste of time. I've gone into a caloric deficit, but why do my thighs never get slimmer, only the rest of my body?

Yeap they do that to get views. YouTube channels I would recommend would be Jeff nippard and picturefit, I can give you more if you want. Where Ur body preferentially stores and burns fat is genetics, nothing u can do about that, eventually u will burn the fat off your thighs though.

It takes time. People lose fat from different parts of their bodies first. It will happen eventually. However, getting a thigh gap isn’t a healthy objective. It’s not something you can change about yourself and having no thigh gap doesn’t look any less flattering in the right clothes. Different clothes will suit different body types and I don’t mean no shorts, I mean shorts A may suit you but not someone with a thigh gap while shorts B will suit them and not you. Although I totally get what you mean about chafing. It’s the worst 😂
(edited 3 years ago)

Is it the same for strengthening muscles? Like can you do workouts targeting abs or should it be a full body type thing

wowww all those youtube workouts are lies
Original post by gem2004
wowww all those youtube workouts are lies

You can strengthen muscles in certain areas but you won’t lose fat from that area. You would lose fat from wherever your body wanted to.
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
You can strengthen muscles in certain areas but you won’t lose fat from that area. You would lose fat from wherever your body wanted to.

No I'm not aiming to lose fat 😂 I have no need to, I'm slim.
I'm just looking to strengthen my abdominals and a bit on my arms too.

Quick Reply

Latest