The Student Room Group

Driving Test - Who got an email with new date??

Hi guys, I had my test cancelled twice. I then got an email to say:

We will email you again when the government is confident that it’s safe to restart driving tests. At that point, we will ask you to go online and choose your preferred date and time for your test. You will be given priority for the available appointments.

That was 2 weeks ago, and I still haven’t received any emails.

They said they would be rebooking in batches. My original test was 9 April. Has anyone got an email to ask them to choose a new date???
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No the same happened to me if it makes you feel better, mine was originally meant to be on the 20th April which got postponed to 7th July which has also been postponed indefinitely. I’ll update this thread if I get any updates :/
Reply 2
Original post by bluemuffin
No the same happened to me if it makes you feel better, mine was originally meant to be on the 20th April which got postponed to 7th July which has also been postponed indefinitely. I’ll update this thread if I get any updates :/

Ok glad I’m not the only one. Driving tests resume on 22 July so I thought people would be getting asked to choose their dates by now. This whole situation is giving me such anxiety haha
Original post by Carmizel
Hi guys, I had my test cancelled twice. I then got an email to say:

We will email you again when the government is confident that it’s safe to restart driving tests. At that point, we will ask you to go online and choose your preferred date and time for your test. You will be given priority for the available appointments.

That was 2 weeks ago, and I still haven’t received any emails.

They said they would be rebooking in batches. My original test was 9 April. Has anyone got an email to ask them to choose a new date???

Testing is resuming from the 22nd of July. All appointments before then are diverted to critical workers.

Hope this helps
Aidan
Reply 4
Original post by Arkansas
Testing is resuming from the 22nd of July. All appointments before then are diverted to critical workers.

Hope this helps
Aidan

Hi Aidan, Yes I know that but after the 22nd they can’t just suddenly email you with a days notice of your test or whatever, so I thought we would have received an email asking us to pick a date by now as they usually give a couple of weeks/months notice. I don’t think I’m in the first batch but no one I know has got an email yet even though their test was cancelled right at the start of lockdown aka they would be the first to get their test rescheduled.
Reply 5
Did they send you a link?
Reply 6
No, you? What link?
Original post by solomove
Did they send you a link?
Reply 7
Well driving tests are starting again in just over 1 week and i dont know anybody that has received an email yet, even those that got their original test canceled at the very start of lockdown (ie: they should be first to get their test date)
Well driving tests are starting again in just over 1 week and i dont know anybody that has received an email yet, even those that got their original test canceled at the very start of lockdown (ie: they should be first to get their test date)

Yeah same here my test was originally meant to be 20th April so fairly near the beginning and I haven’t heard anything about rebooking the test
Not had the email yet but my instructor just sent me this bulletin released today - apparently critical workers who had tests booked before lockdown will be emailed today, and non-critical workers (England only) will start getting emails from tomorrow.

Not sure about people who want to make a new booking who didn't have a test pre-lockdown yet.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by overalltea
Not had the email yet but my instructor just sent me this bulletin released today - apparently critical workers who had tests booked before lockdown will be emailed today, and non-critical workers (England only) will start getting emails from tomorrow.

Not sure about people who want to make a new booking who didn't have a test pre-lockdown yet.

I was given a critical worker test date today, yes.
Original post by Arkansas
I was given a critical worker test date today, yes.

How are bookings looking? Are they pretty full or empty? I’m hoping to pass before university starts and I had my test cancelled for back in early April but I want to get an idea whether it’s worth getting lessons booked in or whether I should just save my money for uni if it’s unlikely I’ll get a test date before October? Thanks!
Considering they’re only open for critical workers the bookings were all empty - obviously x

I’ve booked under normal conditions before. It can be up to 4-5 weeks but then some random days can crop up earlier.

I say go for it. I did my lessons through University and it wasn’t a bother.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Mdavies2
How are bookings looking? Are they pretty full or empty? I’m hoping to pass before university starts and I had my test cancelled for back in early April but I want to get an idea whether it’s worth getting lessons booked in or whether I should just save my money for uni if it’s unlikely I’ll get a test date before October? Thanks!

We are still prioritising critical workers and then key workers, the bookings are going to be released on a week by week basis starting in date order from the date testing was suspended. Quite a lot of people have not rebooked yet so our bookings are quite slim, I only have 2 tests booked next week so far however I expect this will completely change by Monday as people rebook their tests. Given that OP was booked for April 9th and testing was suspending March 19th they should be able to book within the next 3 weeks.
Got mine today! My test was originally booked for 2nd April.
Reply 15
Original post by overalltea
Got mine today! My test was originally booked for 2nd April.

Thanks for letting us know. Was there a good choice of dates to choose from?? I wonder how big the batches are that receive the email on the same day and how quickly the dates get snapped up as I have to check with my driving instructor first for his availability before booking because I have to use his car in the test.
Thanks for letting us know. Was there a good choice of dates to choose from?? I wonder how big the batches are that receive the email on the same day and how quickly the dates get snapped up as I have to check with my driving instructor first for his availability before booking because I have to use his car in the test.

test1.png

I was shocked actually at how much availability there was, pretty much the whole of July. I picked 14th August but there was a lot of choice before then. It might depend on your individual test centre of course, mine is just in a small town.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
We have barely any bookings at our test centre. 2 tomorrow for me out of 5, only one out of 5 on Friday.
Reply 18
Thanks for your reply. My test was on April 9th but i still dont have a date. It seems to be taking forever, now im even paranoid that there was a problem with the system and i wont get an email etc. Arghhhhh
I never had a date before lockdown, but I managed to apply as a key worker they gave me a date for my theory which I passed and now I have my test booked on the next month, all I had to do was call them I was on hold for over 2 hours so be prepared for that. Theres a lot of free slots handy any bookings. I suggest you keep calling them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending