The Student Room Group

keele university - physiotherapy

hey! is anyone doing the integrated masters for physiotherapy next year???
Original post by emvuilleumier
hey! is anyone doing the integrated masters for physiotherapy next year???

Hi there!

I’m not doing an integrated masters for physiotherapy but I do study at Keele so I just wanted to say that if you have any questions or queries about the university or anything then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile: I’ll seek the answers for you or share what I know!
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there!

I’m not doing an integrated masters for physiotherapy but I do study at Keele so I just wanted to say that if you have any questions or queries about the university or anything then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile: I’ll seek the answers for you or share what I know!

Hello! thank you so much! ill think of any questions to ask, but for now, i was just wondering what i could be doing in order to get ready for the start of the semester? e.g reading any particular book?...
Hello! thank you so much! ill think of any questions to ask, but for now, i was just wondering what i could be doing in order to get ready for the start of the semester? e.g reading any particular book?...

Hey,

I am neither at Keele or doing an integrated masters but I have just finished my physiotherapy degree at University of Birmingham. My advice would be get learning your anatomy as soon as possible! Try and learn the bones and main muscles - can always go into more detail later but it will help if you have some background knowledge!
Original post by PhysioHughesy
Hey,

I am neither at Keele or doing an integrated masters but I have just finished my physiotherapy degree at University of Birmingham. My advice would be get learning your anatomy as soon as possible! Try and learn the bones and main muscles - can always go into more detail later but it will help if you have some background knowledge!

Hello ! Yes I was told this was to be a good idea - but I am not sure where to learn all this from? Is there a particulate book you recommend? or video? I don't want to go learn irrelevant or false information !

Hi there!

In terms of reading lists, they're not usually released until nearer the start of the semester! However, you are able to chat to a current Keele student who is studying physiotherapy with an integrated masters using this link - https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/ I thought it might be helpful for you as they will be able to give you some good pointers about what it might be worth learning before the start of the course!?

I hope this is helpful in some way?! If you have any more questions then please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
As a physiotherapist you basically have to know all of your anatomy (muscles and bones) so you can use anything really!

Best way to do it is to try and learn all of the bones in the lower limb first and then learn the muscles of the lower limb. Then learn the upper limb bones, followed by the muscles. Once youve got those nailed, learn the trunk/spine muscles and bones.
Hi, I am actually looking into it at the moment. Can I ask what made you decide on choosing the integrated masters and are you doing any courses this year? I am redoing gcse maths and an access to science course where I live but I’m not sure if these would be accepted on a masters!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending