The Student Room Group

Can I diet by eating no meat or carbs?

It is healthy?
Original post by curiousperson123
It is healthy?

Sure, it is called the vegan diet.
Its not healthy at all. You need a balanced diet unless you want to be be vegetarian or vegan. When on a diet consume less carbs and have more healthy protein through meats and salads :smile: dont restrict otherwise when you have lost weight or gained muscle you will reverse back to your original state once you have finished your diet!! hope this helps
I guess not eating meat is feasible, but cutting down on carbs literally means no bread, no rice, no pasta, most fruits are out of the window, and a lot more. I'm just wondering what you'd actually eat if you followed this diet.
Cutting out carbs isn’t very healthy
It is possible but not a healthy medium or long term diet.
Some people go on 7-90 day versions of a few raw veg diets, liquid only diets or the pulses-nuts-grain diet trying to lose weight.
Drinking lots of water and spending a fortune on protein & other nutritional supplements.
But it is very restrictive and does not improve a tendency to lose tempers or stress levels.
Reply 6
Original post by curiousperson123
It is healthy?

Carbs are inportant for a balanced diet. So no, its not healthy
Reply 7
Asking this concerns me as to why you want to go to extreme lengths. Are you wanting to lose weight and do you actually need to lose weight?
No.

Quick Reply

Latest