The Student Room Group

Dude where's my textbook? MR prepares to teach!

Content Warning:

Dude where's my textbook?
MR prepares to teach!

Hello and welcome to ma epik blog. :awesome:
I know what you're thinking, MR's doing a blog?! :zomg: It must be a short-term one.
Yes, it is. :colondollar:

So at the end of the summer I will be starting a PGCE course at an undisclosed yoony to learn how to teach History to adolescent children. :gangster:

Because my (joint honours) History degree hasn't taught me everything I need to know about the subject to be able to cover the entire history curriculum, I've undertaken a bit of reading to try and catch up on my knowledge of earlier periods.

In addition, I'll also be doing lots of other things to try and prepare for the year ahead, including a bit of shopping and trying to get in a generally physically acceptable state to be able to stand up all day. :colondollar:

My full bucket list:
- Continue reading my KS3 textbook on Early Modern Britain :yep:
- Have a flick through some volumes of the Oxford History of England* :shakecane:
- Read up on Russian Revolution topic in my GCSE textbook :shakecane:
- Read up on the Cold War in my GCSE textbook :shakecane:
- Purchase professional attire :shakecane:
- Go on regular walks :shakecane:
- Get set up on my new uni's digital system :shakecane:
- Sort out admin related to my course :dontknow:
- Read my sneaky lesson plan book and come up with some ideas for lessons myself :shakecane:
- Continue watching Mrs America, and other television programmesTM :yep:
- Help Dad sort out the loft :yep:
- Reply to as many other Summer Bucket List blogs as possible :rave:

Key:
Ongoing = :yep:
Complete = :thumbsup:
Yet to start = :shakecane:

About Me?
I'm a scouser who's just finished my 3rd year at Keele. On TSR I help look after the unis section, the debate section and the Teacher Training forum as a Volunteer.

Tagging some history nerds I know on here who may be interested, as well as other users I'd love to see taking part. :biggrin:

I was nominated by: @CheeseIsVeg
I nominate: @Andrew97 @CoolCavy @CatusStarbright @neko no basu @Moonbow @Labrador99

*found this in the loft, very fortunate timing
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tag List:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Well count me out, no puns for me :hand:
My life is in no way Interrsing enough for make a blog! 😂
This is amazing :biggrin: Following

Updates will happen every couple of days / twice a week hopefully.
04MR17 reserves the right to totally forget to write any updates at all
T&Cs apply.
good luck with your list :party:
tag me pls :rave: good luck! :gah:
All these blogs popping up!

Good luck! This sounds great!
I love history:woo:
subbing! :cyber:
Looks great @04MR17 please add me to the tag list.

I love History and looked at a joint degree at one point :smile:
👍👍👍 this looks cool! add me to the subbing list please
Best of luck!
Original post by 04MR17
Content Warning:

MR prepares to teach!

I know what you're thinking, MR's doing a blog?! :zomg: It must be a short-term one.

So at the end of the summer I will be starting a PGCE course at an undisclosed yoony to learn how to teach History to adolescent children. :gangster:

Because my (joint honours) History degree hasn't taught me everything I need to know about the subject to be able to cover the entire history curriculum, I've undertaken a bit of reading to try and catch up on my knowledge of earlier periods.

In addition, I'll also be doing lots of other things to try and prepare for the year ahead, including a bit of shopping and trying to get in a generally physically acceptable state to be able to stand up all day. :colondollar:

My full bucket list:
- Have a flick through some volumes of the Oxford History of England* :shakecane:
- Read my sneaky lesson plan book and come up with some ideas for lessons myself :shakecane:

Key:

About Me?
I'm a scouser who's just finished my 3rd year at Keele. On TSR I help look after the unis section, the debate section and the Teacher Training forum as a Volunteer.

Tagging some history nerds I know on here who may be interested, as well as other users I'd love to see taking part. :biggrin:

I nominate: @Andrew97 @CoolCavy @CatusStarbright @neko no basu @Moonbow @Labrador99

This is something I definitely want to see! Count me subbed!! :biggrin:
good luck mr!! tag me please :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Updates will happen every couple of days / twice a week hopefully.
04MR17 reserves the right to totally forget to write any updates at all
T&Cs apply.

Thank you for the nomination!! 😊
Is it ok if I do the challenge my current blog or do we have to start a brand new one? Sorry I am so lost :laugh:
Original post by Moonbow
Thank you for the nomination!! 😊
Is it ok if I do the challenge my current blog or do we have to start a brand new one? Sorry I am so lost :laugh:

I'm not really sure of the rules to be honest as it isn't my competition. :redface:
I think for this competition the blog has to be made in the summer beach hut 2020 forum.
But I suppose you could ask if they'd move an existing blog into the forum? Perhaps tag CheeseIsVeg and Chronoscope in the thread I just linked and see what they say? :smile:
Yes, history the best subject!! 🤩
Good luck on your journey, what type of history interests you the most?
Original post by 04MR17
Content Warning:

MR prepares to teach!

My full bucket list:

Key:

About Me?

Add me to ze tag list :wink:

How disruptive will Covid be for your future placements in case your "bubble" goes into lockdown?
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Yes, history the best subject!! 🤩
Good luck on your journey, what type of history interests you the most?

I'm mostly a modernist :smile:
I get intrigued by lots of different kinds of history and I think anyone's a sucker for a good historical story, but one my my particular interests would have to be political history. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest