The Student Room Group

Dental therapy nhs learning support fund

Hi
Does anybody know if the extra £5000 support Mr Johnson has promised to students like nurses, chiropodists, dental therapy and so on..., is only available for some Universities and not all?
I am really stressed now that I have been
Offered a place and I am stuck, my Uni s not on their list, what do I do?
From my understanding there is no longer any NHS funding for dental hygiene and therapy only for nursing, radiography, radiotherapy speech and language therapy, physio, OT, podiatry, midwifery and paramedic science. But double check yourself but I definitely saw something about dental hygiene and therapy no longer being funded and you’d have to pay the 9k tuition fees like non healthcare degrees
Reply 2
Original post by Hopefuls
From my understanding there is no longer any NHS funding for dental hygiene and therapy only for nursing, radiography, radiotherapy speech and language therapy, physio, OT, podiatry, midwifery and paramedic science. But double check yourself but I definitely saw something about dental hygiene and therapy no longer being funded and you’d have to pay the 9k tuition fees like non healthcare degrees

Thanks, you are right on that one, but I meant the Learning Support Fund promised early this year. Spoke to the NHS LSF and I’m waiting for them to get back to me with an update.
Original post by _Little_Indian
Thanks, you are right on that one, but I meant the Learning Support Fund promised early this year. Spoke to the NHS LSF and I’m waiting for them to get back to me with an update.

Hi,.
Dental hygiene and therapy does get the learning support fund. Just make an account and apply for it. Mines already been approved.
Reply 4
Original post by x.jessie.x
Hi,.
Dental hygiene and therapy does get the learning support fund. Just make an account and apply for it. Mines already been approved.

Well done👍👍👍!
I did make an account but my university is missing from the list somehow!!!
So I’m waiting for them to clarify the situation.
I got stuck after I registered and wanted to apply: the drop-down list has only a few universities, Queen Mary University of London = not included!!
Reply 5
I saw that the dental therapy course is funded for level 5 or 6 courses only. Does that mean you only get the the funding in second and third year?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi all
The list if Unis has been upgraded, QMUL is there now too, just applied😂
The funding is for all 3 years
Does anyone know if the LSF is available to all dental hygiene/therapy and oral health science courses? I’m planning ahead as I’m applying for 2021 intake but need to know if any unis don’t qualify. I’m looking at Leeds, teeside, Newcastle, Essex and Bristol. 😊
Reply 8
Original post by HayleyMoo85
Does anyone know if the LSF is available to all dental hygiene/therapy and oral health science courses? I’m planning ahead as I’m applying for 2021 intake but need to know if any unis don’t qualify. I’m looking at Leeds, teeside, Newcastle, Essex and Bristol. 😊

Hi, this fund is for Dental Therapy and Hygiene courses Level 5 or 6. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Reply 9
Hi i’ve just been offered a place to do Oral Health Sciences for sept! Can someone please explain what this funding is and how I can apply? Thank you xx
Reply 10
Original post by Gkaur99
Hi i’ve just been offered a place to do Oral Health Sciences for sept! Can someone please explain what this funding is and how I can apply? Thank you xx

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund
Just register here and read everything before applying
Ask me anything if you get stuck👍
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund
Just register here and read everything before applying
Ask me anything if you get stuck👍

Hiya
I'm starting the Orla Health Science course in Essex and when I rang the NHS funding people they said I wouldn't qualify, as the course isn't explicitly Dental Hygiene.. but when I used your link, it comes up as 'Dental Hygiene' for Essex uni. I wanted to ask, if I have to wait till I start the course to apply? There was a declaration that states I agree I have begun my studies. Hope that makes sense
Rebecca x
Reply 12
Original post by Becca_1998
Hiya
I'm starting the Orla Health Science course in Essex and when I rang the NHS funding people they said I wouldn't qualify, as the course isn't explicitly Dental Hygiene.. but when I used your link, it comes up as 'Dental Hygiene' for Essex uni. I wanted to ask, if I have to wait till I start the course to apply? There was a declaration that states I agree I have begun my studies. Hope that makes sense
Rebecca x

Hi Rebecca
Apply now, but just so you know, you will need to upload you Student Finance Letter to complete application.
Just register and apply. I am still waiting for SFE decision
Reply 13
Original post by HayleyMoo85

It is, for any LEVEL 5 or 6 dental therapy and hyg uni course
Hi Rebecca
Apply now, but just so you know, you will need to upload you Student Finance Letter to complete application.
Just register and apply. I am still waiting for SFE decision

Hello, sorry, what student finance letter? I thought this was separate to student finance?
Hi, this fund is for Dental Therapy and Hygiene courses Level 5 or 6. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thank you 😊😁

Quick Reply

Latest