The Student Room Group

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Horicana
Hi there. Basically I have struggled with gender dysphoria throughout my entire life but have supressed it. After having undergone some counselling I have taken the step to start presenting and identifying at least partly as female, and if it goes well then I will take further steps to transitioning. I know some people might not understand it, I don't ask or expect people to, just know that when I was supressing this I was uttely miserable and now I am wonderful, I feel so much more complete and happy with who I am.

My big worry is that I am scared to go out in public like this because I fear people judging me and talking behind my back like I'm a freak, I don't want any attention. I think I pass well but from certain angles I don't and I stare at the mirror focusing on those bad angles and putting myself off from going outside. It makes me pretty sad because I want to go out and embrace things as who I am but I can't out of fear.

I just want to know, if you saw me in the street, would you think that I am female or not? I will attach a few pictures including a side angle, I think my side angle is horrible and gives it away. I'm just trying to boost my confidence enough to maybe take a walk in the park comfortably. Thankyou for your understanding.

front view 1: https://ibb.co/7zkkggr

front view 2: https://ibb.co/sJDLKBN

side view: https://ibb.co/rwFGmhy

I don't think you've got anything to worry about from those pictures - you look fine. Am I'm not one with a reputation to sugar-coat, or tell people what they want to hear :smile:

I think you've chosen your clothes very well - you've not gone down the frilly pink sparkly route, but instead have chosen to wear just 'normal' clothes which any other girl or woman might wear. This helps massively, I think.

Take a walk this afternoon :smile:
Babe! I love your style
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
I don't think you've got anything to worry about from those pictures - you look fine. Am I'm not one with a reputation to sugar-coat, or tell people what they want to hear :smile:

I think you've chosen your clothes very well - you've not gone down the frilly pink sparkly route, but instead have chosen to wear just 'normal' clothes which any other girl or woman might wear. This helps massively, I think.

Take a walk this afternoon :smile:

Yea I'm really not into typically girly stuff like that, which may be kinda surprising. I may consider it, still a huge challenge mentally though but thanks for your support!
Yeah you do
Yea I'm really not into typically girly stuff like that, which may be kinda surprising. I may consider it, still a huge challenge mentally though but thanks for your support!

No problem - and I'm glad you've felt able to take these first steps.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Babe! I love your style

Thanks! I like to think I have pretty decent taste.
Hi Horicana,

If I see you in a public place, I will say that you are a beautiful girl. I also suggest choosing and wearing more feminine girls clothes.

Take care beautiful girl
I say it like it is (sometimes can get me in trouble lol) but I think you look feminine. :yep: you dress casually which makes you blend in and appear just how any girl would. I think if you wear confidence in your body language, on your face and inside, people won't feel the need to judge you, or accuse you of being anything. :yep:

At the end of the day, only you are stuck with you for your whole life. You might not even remember our names at the end of today, but you'll certainly remember your own. Do what makes you comfortable and OWN IT. :hugs:
Yessss, I wouldn’t even question you weren’t female. You look lovely and I especially like the hair—is it a wig bc it looks great on you.
Try to go out daily, maybe each time go to more and more crowded places. If there are a few people are are rude, just remember there are only a few of those in the world, the rest are usually decent ppl.
Good luck!
from the pics i'd say gothy girl. (the side profile one is more obvious if you are looking for evidence)

However, i'd say pictures are often a lot easier to pass in than movement in real life, unfortunately.

But most people would not mention it anyway, they may wonder but that is about it.

good luck to you
oh wow! you look gorgeous!

if you hadn’t have said, i wouldn’t have even considered that you were transitioning! i genuinely looked at those photos and went “wow, she’s pretty!”

you look incredible! I’m so glad you’ve found happiness in your own skin!
Yes you do :smile: I wouldn't think twice if you were or weren't. You look lovely! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Was there any nees for that? It was pretty pointless.
Reply 14
Thankyou 🙂

Original post by BurstingBubbles
Yes you do :smile: I wouldn't think twice if you were or weren't. You look lovely! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
oh wow! you look gorgeous!

if you hadn’t have said, i wouldn’t have even considered that you were transitioning! i genuinely looked at those photos and went “wow, she’s pretty!”

you look incredible! I’m so glad you’ve found happiness in your own skin!

Woe thankyou so much. People haven't seen me like this in person so it means a lot to hear that I at least look fine and it gives me a bit more confidence to go out. Atm I just lock myself in my room and have done for months even with the curtains closed which sucks but I'm trying to find the bravery to leave.
Reply 16
Original post by Catherine1973
from the pics i'd say gothy girl. (the side profile one is more obvious if you are looking for evidence)

However, i'd say pictures are often a lot easier to pass in than movement in real life, unfortunately.

But most people would not mention it anyway, they may wonder but that is abothanut it.

good luck to you

Thanks! I have videos which I could attach, perhaps I should have done that in the first place.
Woe thankyou so much. People haven't seen me like this in person so it means a lot to hear that I at least look fine and it gives me a bit more confidence to go out. Atm I just lock myself in my room and have done for months even with the curtains closed which sucks but I'm trying to find the bravery to leave.

Honestly, you look amazing! I’m sure people will support you! If I passed you in the street my first thought would be “wow she looks good!”. You’ll find the courage soon, I promise :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Honestly, you look amazing! I’m sure people will support you! If I passed you in the street my first thought would be “wow she looks good!”. You’ll find the courage soon, I promise :smile:

The other problem is the voice of course, it's not super deep but noticeable for sure so if I go out I'll avoid places where someone might talk to me. It just sucks, because I don't feel right going out the other way and if I have to go out then I just can't wait to get home and be like this again.
Hi there. Basically I have struggled with gender dysphoria throughout my entire life but have supressed it. After having undergone some counselling I have taken the step to start presenting and identifying at least partly as female, and if it goes well then I will take further steps to transitioning. I know some people might not understand it, I don't ask or expect people to, just know that when I was supressing this I was uttely miserable and now I am wonderful, I feel so much more complete and happy with who I am.

My big worry is that I am scared to go out in public like this because I fear people judging me and talking behind my back like I'm a freak, I don't want any attention. I think I pass well but from certain angles I don't and I stare at the mirror focusing on those bad angles and putting myself off from going outside. It makes me pretty sad because I want to go out and embrace things as who I am but I can't out of fear.

I just want to know, if you saw me in the street, would you think that I am female or not? I will attach a few pictures including a side angle, I think my side angle is horrible and gives it away. I'm just trying to boost my confidence enough to maybe take a walk in the park comfortably. Thankyou for your understanding.

front view 1: https://ibb.co/7zkkggr

front view 2: https://ibb.co/sJDLKBN

side view: https://ibb.co/rwFGmhy

Not just saying this: You are gorgeous.

Edit: I somehow mixed up and thought the thread title was asking if we think you are good looking. I just realized you asked if you pass as female. Did not think you were not "originally" one when I saw the pictures after not properly reading the title, so you are more than fine (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending