The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A101 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A101 (Graduate Entry Medicine) 2021 Entry Discussion.

Nottingham A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5964036

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Graduate-Entry-Medicine-BMBS

For entry requirements click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Graduate-Entry-Medicine-BMBS#requirements

Nottingham Medicine Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6936604

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you think unis will start to use Degree classifications to sort students due to COVID I.e 2:1? Is minimum at Notts.
Original post by NatsP29
Do you think unis will start to use Degree classifications to sort students due to COVID I.e 2:1? Is minimum at Notts.

Nottingham university have a minimum 2:2 classification with a masters (I think) and a higher GAMSAT score or a 2:1 and above with a slightly lower GAMSAT score to sort students. Gamsat has been put online to accommodate for the current situation so it's probably going to be the same.
I’m applying for Nottingham gem 2021 entry and wondering what the standard offer is that Nottingham give? Is it a 2.1 or 2.2?
Reply 4
Do you also think the Malaysia Campus will be open by 2022 for student exchanges?
Original post by James165
I’m applying for Nottingham gem 2021 entry and wondering what the standard offer is that Nottingham give? Is it a 2.1 or 2.2?

It says 2:2 but obviously you can imagine that your chances of getting in substantially would increase with a 2.1
Does anyone know the higher GAMSAT score that they'd require if you got a 2:2? Unsure if they adapt the cut off after results based on what the whole cohort is averaging or whether it's set like the minimum one is
Hi there I'm applying for Nottingham A101 2021 entry :smile: as well as SGUL and Swansea.
I wasn't originally going to but after totally bombing my UCAT and being unable to apply to UCAT unis, I'm sitting the GAMSAT next month to try and give myself some sort of chance this cycle. I'm hoping that my degree in biomed and a bit of cramming can help get me a good enough score to hopefully get an interview.

A bit about me/stats:

- I'm going into my final year of biomed at Northumbria Uni
- I have no A-levels, I only have D*DD in a level 3 health and social care BTEC
- I only have a C in English and maths at GCSE
- Work experience: 18 months as a ward volunteer in my local hospital, 40 hours A&E shadowing and 2 days in a GP practice, as well as a few other bits here and there which are out of the appropriate time length

Heres to everyone doing well this cycle! :biggrin:
Original post by ginabpk
Hi there I'm applying for Nottingham A101 2021 entry :smile: as well as SGUL and Swansea.
I wasn't originally going to but after totally bombing my UCAT and being unable to apply to UCAT unis, I'm sitting the GAMSAT next month to try and give myself some sort of chance this cycle. I'm hoping that my degree in biomed and a bit of cramming can help get me a good enough score to hopefully get an interview.

A bit about me/stats:

- I'm going into my final year of biomed at Northumbria Uni
- I have no A-levels, I only have D*DD in a level 3 health and social care BTEC
- I only have a C in English and maths at GCSE
- Work experience: 18 months as a ward volunteer in my local hospital, 40 hours A&E shadowing and 2 days in a GP practice, as well as a few other bits here and there which are out of the appropriate time length

Heres to everyone doing well this cycle! :biggrin:

Hiya! Looks like we're applying to the same unis in this cycle haha (I've sit got to sit my UCAT later this month though to try my shot at Warwick Uni as well as the other 3)!
You've got lots of good work experience which is great! Hope your GAMSAT prep is going well! :smile:
Reply 9
Hi does anyone know if having a first class degree would reduce the cut off score required in GAMSAT if it does or not what would be the cut off score ?

Thanks
Original post by Presh18
Hi does anyone know if having a first class degree would reduce the cut off score required in GAMSAT if it does or not what would be the cut off score ?

Thanks

I emailed them about this and no it doesn’t. Also last year I managed to only get 56 overall in my GAMSAT and still had an interview for Nottingham.
Reply 11
Does anyone think that cutoffs with rise this year due to the GAMSAT being online and much shorter in length. I have a 2:1 in Neuroscience, HCA & menta healthcare support work experience and a GAMSAT score of 58 with the Notts calculation. Am I in a good position for interview?
Reply 12
Will be reapplying this year. Hopefully, GAMSAT won’t increase. This’ll be my last chance with Notts, if I get an interview.
Reply 13
Original post by angelscity
Does anyone know the higher GAMSAT score that they'd require if you got a 2:2? Unsure if they adapt the cut off after results based on what the whole cohort is averaging or whether it's set like the minimum one is

I called them a couple of months ago to ask about this and they told me that they don't apply a higher cut off to 2:2 applicants anymore.
Original post by melamedic
Does anyone think that cutoffs with rise this year due to the GAMSAT being online and much shorter in length. I have a 2:1 in Neuroscience, HCA & menta healthcare support work experience and a GAMSAT score of 58 with the Notts calculation. Am I in a good position for interview?

Hi, where did you read that the GAMSAT has been shortened?

I'm due to sit it this month in Liverpool. As far as I'm aware it is 70 minutes for S1, 65 minutes for S2 and 150 minutes for S3.
Reply 15
Original post by medhelp9

I'm due to sit it this month in Liverpool. As far as I'm aware it is 70 minutes for S1, 65 minutes for S2 and 150 minutes for S3.

They've shortened the exam due to covid. I sat it for the first time in June, but I'm pretty sure section 1 and 3 used to be 75 and 110 questions before covid. I'm sitting it this time as well but in Sheffield.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LewisaurusRex
They've shortened the exam due to covid. I sat it for the first time in June, but I'm pretty sure section 1 and 3 used to be 75 and 110 questions before covid. I'm sitting it this time as well but in Sheffield.

Hi, I am sitting the GAMSAT in sheffield too.
Where is the information about the exam being shortened? I had no idea :/ and I am terrified!!
Reply 17
Original post by tfernando16
Hi, I am sitting the GAMSAT in sheffield too.
Where is the information about the exam being shortened? I had no idea :/ and I am terrified!!

Hi, what date are you sitting? I'm on the 1st. They've just been adjusting the format of the exam this year due to covid. The length of the exam is in the Gamsat booklet, I think its 47 questions for s1 and 75 for s3. I'm pretty sure it won't affect cut offs though because the Gamsat marks are balanced across all sittings.
Original post by LewisaurusRex
Hi, what date are you sitting? I'm on the 1st. They've just been adjusting the format of the exam this year due to covid. The length of the exam is in the Gamsat booklet, I think its 47 questions for s1 and 75 for s3. I'm pretty sure it won't affect cut offs though because the Gamsat marks are balanced across all sittings.

I'm sitting it on the 30th. Oh I see, thanks for that! Hopefully its not awful!!
Reply 19
Original post by medhelp9

I'm sitting in Liverpool on the 28th. Don't feel ready at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending