The Student Room Group

Self Study A level Religious studies

Ill keep it short. I need support. My school has just announced they will not be putting RS A level for option due to low numbers. It was my first choice (got a 7 in mock) for A level and they have told me i can self study at home with regular meet ups with my GCSE RS teacher (who also did A level RS) for exam practise and structure. I Only want a AS (year 1) qaulification in it as im doing 3 (2 year) full A levels in school.

My school are happy to let my sit AS exams at the end of year 1. I can also develop self study skills which will be useful for uni applications. Is it hard to get an A in a self taught AS level (specifically RS)? Anyone who has done any AS level in self study in any or RS please help me out. Is it worth it?
Original post by ZedTV
Ill keep it short. I need support. My school has just announced they will not be putting RS A level for option due to low numbers. It was my first choice (got a 7 in mock) for A level and they have told me i can self study at home with regular meet ups with my GCSE RS teacher (who also did A level RS) for exam practise and structure. I Only want a AS (year 1) qaulification in it as im doing 3 (2 year) full A levels in school.

My school are happy to let my sit AS exams at the end of year 1. I can also develop self study skills which will be useful for uni applications. Is it hard to get an A in a self taught AS level (specifically RS)? Anyone who has done any AS level in self study in any or RS please help me out. Is it worth it?

Unfortunately I don't take RS for A-Level but what I would do if I were you is get a copy of the A-Level RS textbook from your GCSE RS teacher and see for yourself. Perhaps, also look at some AS papers too while you are at it.

If you feel you aren't coping then you can always drop it. It's better to get AAA than AAAC...

Sorry, if this wasn't much help.

Quick Reply

Latest