The Student Room Group

Failed theory by one mark. 😭

Any tips or advice please?

I’m fine with HP(I got 60/75) in this, just the multiple choice one I got 42/50.

I will take all advice on board. Thank you. 😊
I'm sorry to hear this, best advice you'll have to take it again.
Original post by Richard Bucket
I'm sorry to hear this, best advice you'll have to take it again.

Please don’t apologise.

Yes, I’m definitely going to take it again.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Please don’t apologise.

Yes, I’m definitely going to take it again.

Good, I need to take my theory test eventually, but I want to get a few driving lessons in first and do a bit of research. I think I'll be fine on the questions, but fail on the video test.

I’m fine with HP(I got 60/75) in this, just the multiple choice one I got 42/50.

Practise, practice, practice. I bought the theory test dvd with all the question banks (1000+) and did 50 mock exams. I finished the test in 10 minutes and got 50/50 and 70/75.
Dont worry only the really uncool kids, girl swots and competent drivers pass first time.
Reply 6
Aw I bet that's frustrating, sorry to hear it.
Yep, practice as much as you possibly can! I did mock test after mock test online, and created flash cards that I regularly got friends and fam to test me on. Also, the one that caught me out was about motorways in France so just really use as many sites as you can. You only failed by one so you obviously have an idea for what to expect, and an idea on where you could have gone wrong.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Dont worry only the really uncool kids, girl swots and competent drivers pass first time.

Being "competent" is bad?
Original post by AlphaZeta
Practise, practice, practice. I bought the theory test dvd with all the question banks (1000+) and did 50 mock exams. I finished the test in 10 minutes and got 50/50 and 70/75.

:eek:
do you have the app?use that it helped me :smile: also try applying it whilst someone else drives (eg explain what signs and road markings mean) good luck next time!!
I did exactly the same thing on my first theory so I feel your pain, how that one mark stings :frown: I never bought anything just downloaded the highway code app and watched some youtube videos for revision, passed it second time in the end.
Reply 11

That's unfortunate given how close you were to pass the multiple-choice section of your car theory test. 80% in your hazard perception is really good.

I use https://toptests.co.uk/ to practice my theory multiple-choice section as they have a good number of free mock tests that are all up-to-date unlike some other websites out there.

Btw I got my car theory test backed for 16th August (I actually changed the date and test centre when I realised there were some spaces available at my local test centre).

Hope the website I've mentioned helps for the multiple-choice section. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
That's unfortunate given how close you were to pass the multiple-choice section of your car theory test. 80% in your hazard perception is really good.

I use https://toptests.co.uk/ to practice my theory multiple-choice section as they have a good number of free mock tests that are all up-to-date unlike some other websites out there.

Btw I got my car theory test backed for 16th August (I actually changed the date and test centre when I realised there were some spaces available at my local test centre).

Hope the website I've mentioned helps for the multiple-choice section. :smile:

Honestly I was so surprised that I got so high in my HP considering I was just clicking anything(I got really confused with the no cursor on screen thing so I just clicked.

I mean I stupidly changed a right answer to a wrong answer but eh.

Yes I’ll use that site thank you very much for the recommendation. I’ve been using the 4 in 1 app majority of the question I did on the mock test came up so I wasn’t entirely taken aback. Just the tyre question threw me off.

Thank you very much once again. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending