The Student Room Group
Original post by Anonymous
I see so many girls dating ugly guys and have always wondered what the reason is. They could easily date any attractive guy they wanted. Why do hot girls date ugly guys?

because although women tend to be shallow with regards to male height, they tend to be the extreme opposite of shallow when it comes to preferring personality over facial attractiveness - that's just how women have evolved
Reply 2
Most people dont just go for looks. Personality plays a big role in things.
Because looks aren’t everything - what about personality, shared interests, mutual respect and affection? Love is blind, after all :tongue:

It’s never quite as simple as all women do X, ie, date men more attractive than them (because evolution, or whatever).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Most people dont just go for looks. Personality plays a big role in things.

Yes personality is very important. It's right behind money. :biggrin:
Original post by becausethenight
Because looks aren’t everything - what about personality, shared interests, mutual respect and affection? Love is blind, after all :tongue:

this sentiment is alien to men though - men have evolved to favour looks as much as personality
first of all, how good looking someone is is completely subjective and a great personality can honestly make anyone seem 100x more attractive
Original post by A Rolling Stone
this sentiment is alien to men though - men have evolved to favour looks as much as personality

How on earth does that work? Can you give me a source for this?

Any kind of evolutionary psychology claim like that is going to be very tenuous, and even if it’s statistically true (which I doubt), there will be men/AMAB people for whom it isn’t true.
Yeah, what @LovelyMrFox said.

It's not really that hard to understand. Why date someone just because of how they look? Sure, they may be attractive, but they also may be horrible human beings or someone that cheats a lot.

'Attractiveness' does not equate to a happy relationship.
Variety of possible answers.
Great personality, very wealthy, access to helpful contacts, shared religious convictions, mutual commitment to political/activist causes, 'power dater'.
Reply 10
how can 90 procent of girls still wake up next to a ogre thats the real question , i cant imagine dating a girl that looks ugly
Original post by jesuly
how can 90 procent of girls still wake up next to a ogre thats the real question , i cant imagine dating a girl that looks ugly

Women have to cope with so much sexism and harassment on a day to day basis, as well as the fear of being cheated on because we live in a society that still forgives men for cheating a lot more readily than it forgives women, a lot of the time. Guys who are less traditionally attractive, in my experience, are often kinder and more caring, maybe because they haven’t been worshipped and had their pick of the girls their whole lives. Someone you love will usually end up looking attractive to you, but someone who is attractive won’t end up treating you right just because you like them superficially. It feels so much more fulfilling to date based on mutual care and respect than to date based on looks.
Just because you find them attractive doesn’t mean they are.

Latest

Trending

Trending