The Student Room Group

Probation officer 2020 July intake

Hi, I have applied for the PQIP intake for July 2020 and I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever applied and knows what the "application on hold" means? I applied right when applications opened on June and have been waiting well over a month now. Once applications closed 3 days after I received the message to say my application was on hold and I'd be contacted on the next stage of recruitment. I may be over thinking it but does this mean my application has been accepted and they're waiting on assessment centre dates or is it just a general message?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloec321
Hi, I have applied for the PQIP intake for July 2020 and I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever applied and knows what the "application on hold" means? I applied right when applications opened on June and have been waiting well over a month now. Once applications closed 3 days after I received the message to say my application was on hold and I'd be contacted on the next stage of recruitment. I may be over thinking it but does this mean my application has been accepted and they're waiting on assessment centre dates or is it just a general message?

Hey! It’s just a general message unfortunately, I think it means they’ve marked it but they need to mark everyone else before making a decision. I got rejected in January, hoping for a different outcome this time!
Reply 2
Original post by nicolafxx
Hey! It’s just a general message unfortunately, I think it means they’ve marked it but they need to mark everyone else before making a decision. I got rejected in January, hoping for a different outcome this time!

Thank you! I was told it's not a bad thing as if it was marked and rejected they would of sent an email to say I've been unsuccessful but the suspense is killing me 😂 I think they're aiming to get back to everyone within 2 weeks. I'm hoping for a good outcome to, good luck! What area have you applied for if you don't mind me asking?
It means they’ve reviewed yours. They all move to hold and once they’ve all been reviewed they will let people know the next stage, so it’s just a general message! They let you know once everyone has been reviewed so it depends on the number of applicants, but you should hear about 2-3 weeks after closing.
Reply 4
Original post by Madelinescarlet
It means they’ve reviewed yours. They all move to hold and once they’ve all been reviewed they will let people know the next stage, so it’s just a general message! They let you know once everyone has been reviewed so it depends on the number of applicants, but you should hear about 2-3 weeks after closing.

Thank you! I ended up applying twice by accident as I have 2 similar email addresses I use for professional and normal use which are autofilled on my laptop. I thought my original application didn't go through as nothing was on my log in but turned out I made a new application with my other email address. I was going to withdraw it as I know you can only apply once but my friend advised me not to as I would have "double the chance". Is this likely to affect anything? One was for London and the other Midlands as I changed my mind in where I wanted to train because I currently live in the midlands
You have to put your NI number on the application, so I think it’s likely to flag as a double application and cancel them? Although, as you’ve applied for 2 different areas I am not sure haha! Maybe contact them? Do you know which one you want to continue the application for now? If so I would withdraw the second one to be safe! (Although we would all like double the chance haha!)
Reply 6
You have to put your NI number on the application, so I think it’s likely to flag as a double application and cancel them? Although, as you’ve applied for 2 different areas I am not sure haha! Maybe contact them? Do you know which one you want to continue the application for now? If so I would withdraw the second one to be safe! (Although we would all like double the chance haha!)

I did check and they've both been put on hold lol but I would like to carry on in the midlands as that was my original application. Thank you I will give them a ring today :smile:
Good luck with it!!
Original post by Chloec321
Thank you! I was told it's not a bad thing as if it was marked and rejected they would of sent an email to say I've been unsuccessful but the suspense is killing me 😂 I think they're aiming to get back to everyone within 2 weeks. I'm hoping for a good outcome to, good luck! What area have you applied for if you don't mind me asking?

I’ve applied for North East 😊 hope we find out soon!!
I’ve applied for south east and we haven’t heard anything yet either 😬 good luck!
Hi,

My application is still on “hold” which means it’s been reviewed. I applied in June so been patiently waiting since. They closed our applications on the 16th July and I had applied on June 14th.
I’ve applied to the Wales Probation Service. I hope you all hear something soon and best of luck🤞
Hello!Are you intake 9B? I’ve heard back, my application was successful, I got an interview at the virtual assessment centre, which I had this week! So I’m back to waiting now! I hope you hear soon!! Good luck ☺️
Mine’s still on hold too! I applied the day the applications open, hope we find out soon 😩
Hello!Are you intake 9B? I’ve heard back, my application was successful, I got an interview at the virtual assessment centre, which I had this week! So I’m back to waiting now! I hope you hear soon!! Good luck ☺️

Hi,

Yes intake 9b😊 well done on your success so far👏 When did you hear back about your success please? What was the interview like as it was conducted virtually?
Original post by nicolafxx
Mine’s still on hold too! I applied the day the applications open, hope we find out soon 😩

I was the exact same. It’s crazy. I’ve waited over two months. Hopefully our patience will pay off 🤞
Reply 15
Hey! I'm wondering how the virtual assessment centre was? I have mine on the 10th September and I'm so so nervous!! I'm also intake 9B and have applied for West Midlands areas xx
Reply 16
Hey, I had my assessment day recently but I haven’t heard back yet has anyone heard back as of yet?x
Original post by Shani-
Hey, I had my assessment day recently but I haven’t heard back yet has anyone heard back as of yet?x

Hey,

Nothing for me yet. What division did you apply at and what was the questions did you have for the interview and role play?
Reply 18
Heyy, i applied for the london division. I got asked many questions in relation to the skills I’ve gained from previous jobs and how I am as a person. Role play was a test to see how you deal with difficult scenarios that’s basically a long the lines of how my role play went.

Wbu??
Hey, I’m sure you done great, well done! I applied to Wales probation so I’m yet to do my assessment day. It’s at the end of the month so fingers crossed. It’s my first one so any tips please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending