The Student Room Group

Coping with bad feelings

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stillcrying
Thank you very much for those kind words. :smile: I wasn’t asking for sympathy at all, I just wanted to let pepsimaxcherry know that they aren’t alone in people dealing with hardship.

If there’s anything you can take from this post, I hope it’s that there are always people worse off than you and that you should be happy for any joy there is in your life because it’s often missing from somebody else’s. That may come across a bit blunt, I’m a very blunt person haha but I hope you get what I mean :biggrin:

I know! I couldn't help myself! I just felt compelled aha, I completely understand
Original post by Tayaa8
i just wanted to say that you are so amazing and brave. Also, your advice is so, so good. I really pray for your happiness, God Bless you

Aw thank you :^_^:
Reply 22
Aw thank you :^_^:

no worries, how is everything for you at the moment?
Focus on the things that make you happiest and remembering all the best things in your life that you appreciate the most. :smile:
Close friends, pet animals, favourite hobbies, learning new skills and trying out new recipes.
I do believe that by talking and venting your feelings is a good start. I have lost a friend to mental health and he was very proud, no one could have ever guessed what he was doing to do. Is being proud worth it? No, it really isn’t.

I’m not suggesting you will go down any of the same path but we all feel overwhelmed and like everything is going wrong at once. It’s like one thing after another sometimes. Pain is pain, don’t compare yourself to other people. A very wise friend once said to me if you break your finger it hurts right ? Someone next to you may have broken both their legs and arms it hurts right ? But does it take away your pain ...

Basically, it hurts for you and that’s all that matters so don’t feel like something isn’t important enough to talk about because if it matters to you it matters.

Having a cry, talking with friends and keeping busy is what keeps me going day to day. I find also having goals to work towards helps me focus on something else.

Things do have a tendency to get better, you won’t feel like this forever. Keep talking and being open, I hope it improves for you soon !
Original post by Tayaa8
no worries, how is everything for you at the moment?

Had a few days where I’ve felt sad in lockdown, where my mind wonders to her as I’m obviously not outside doing stuff. But then I always remember my favourite quote which is “never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem” and that seems to get me back on track! Thank you for asking too, that was equally very kind :smile:
Reply 26
Had a few days where I’ve felt sad in lockdown, where my mind wonders to her as I’m obviously not outside doing stuff. But then I always remember my favourite quote which is “never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem” and that seems to get me back on track! Thank you for asking too, that was equally very kind :smile:

that's so good to hear, i'm glad you are doing well
Thank you for all the lovely replies! I just needed to vent my feelings so thank you so much for being so nice :smile:
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Thank you for all the lovely replies! I just needed to vent my feelings so thank you so much for being so nice :smile:

No problem, wishing you all the best for the future! :smile:
No problem, wishing you all the best for the future! :smile:

You too! :smile:
It could always be worse, chin up.

Quick Reply

Latest