The Student Room Group

Government Policy Profession Policy Advisor HEO

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueberrysro
Thank-you!

goodluck girl! do you think everyone will be given the same topic for the presentation? and plus don't the examples given in the personal statement match to each behaviour that they are looking for?

Original post by Anisablue
By the way the person that is interviewing would not have been the one that read your examples they do not know anything about You other than your name

thats so handy to know thank you!!! :smile:
Hello,

I am also in the process of applying to this role, stumbled across it too just a few days ago.

I have completed the tests this evening and I'm quite happy with the score.

Just got to do the Personal Statement now although I am reusing and reworking some of my behaviour examples from an EO post I have applied for too.

Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by trixytwix27
goodluck girl! do you think everyone will be given the same topic for the presentation? and plus don't the examples given in the personal statement match to each behaviour that they are looking for?

thats so handy to know thank you!!! :smile:

Yeah I think so otherwise it wouldn't be fair!
Hi,

I passed the online tests and got an okay-ish score. Does anyone know if the tests are used for anything other than sifting? Could the scores be used in combination with the statement and interview?

Or is it just a case of passing them, and it doesn't matter how well you do?
Original post by g.a.mills1996
Hi,

I passed the online tests and got an okay-ish score. Does anyone know if the tests are used for anything other than sifting? Could the scores be used in combination with the statement and interview?

I don't know this 100% but I would have thought the tests/personal statement will just be a case of scoring high enough to pass then they don't matter.
Has anyone heard back about an offer or heard of anyone else being offered a role yet?
I only applied last week for the heo one and Monday for the G7 one. Not heard anything yet closing date 3rd aug but they assessing on a rolling period
Just to let you all know that the closing date has been extended to 17th August now!
Original post by anyaamaria
Just to let you all know that the closing date has been extended to 17th August now!

Oh I guess they’ve not had that much interest or successful ppl
Oh I guess they’ve not had that much interest or successful ppl

To be fair even if they'd had 1000 applications I guess that's not proportionally a lot for 320 roles!
Yh your right as that’s only like 1/3 chance of getting the job
Normally should be like 1 in 10 in the private sector lol
Reply 31
Original post by g.a.mills1996
Hi,

Where do you find the scores for it ? :smile:
Review, then feedback
Reply 33
Original post by anyaamaria
Hello,

I am also in the process of applying to this role, stumbled across it too just a few days ago.

I have completed the tests this evening and I'm quite happy with the score.

Just got to do the Personal Statement now although I am reusing and reworking some of my behaviour examples from an EO post I have applied for too.

Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Hi, I'm also applying - where did you see the test score? I completed both tests and it progressed me onto the CV and Personal Statement but i can't see test scores around, am i missing something?
Reply 34
Original post by LDLaw
Hi,
I have just recently come across a job advert for a Policy Advisor within the Policy Profession (cross department opportunities) and would like to know if anyone is currently applying and/or heard back from them regarding an interview.
Also how have you found the process so far ?

Thanks

Hi,

I am applying, hoping to submit application tomorrow. Have people generally stated specific departments they'd want to work in, or just said any? I'd be interested in working for at least 5 of them, unsure if I just list them or try to narrow it down. Also i've noticed people saying the test results were good or ok and i'm wondering what is considered a good or excellent result for these? This is my first time applying for CS role so apologies for all the questions.

TIA
Rachel
Original post by RNye
Hi,

I am applying, hoping to submit application tomorrow. Have people generally stated specific departments they'd want to work in, or just said any? I'd be interested in working for at least 5 of them, unsure if I just list them or try to narrow it down. Also i've noticed people saying the test results were good or ok and i'm wondering what is considered a good or excellent result for these? This is my first time applying for CS role so apologies for all the questions.

TIA
Rachel

I said about 4 or 5 I think.
I've read that for the judgement test 32% is usually a baseline pass not sure about the pass for the verbal one sorry. I got in the high 90s for verbal and that was a pass as I got invited to interview.
Reply 36
Original post by blueberrysro
I said about 4 or 5 I think.
I've read that for the judgement test 32% is usually a baseline pass not sure about the pass for the verbal one sorry. I got in the high 90s for verbal and that was a pass as I got invited to interview.

Oh well done, I found the verbal more difficult than judgement definitely. Have you had your interview yet?
Original post by RNye
Hi, I'm also applying - where did you see the test score? I completed both tests and it progressed me onto the CV and Personal Statement but i can't see test scores around, am i missing something?

On the your applications page, review and then feedback!
I put departments based on my locations so basically where I know there is offices that I am happy to travel too
Is it normally about a week after submitting you hear back if you are getting an interview or not ?
I submitted a week ago for HO and Monday for G7
Original post by RNye
Oh well done, I found the verbal more difficult than judgement definitely. Have you had your interview yet?

Yes I have.
I put departments based on my locations so basically where I know there is offices that I am happy to travel too
Is it normally about a week after submitting you hear back if you are getting an interview or not ?
I submitted a week ago for HO and Monday for G7

I heard back a week and a few days after submitting so I'd imagine it would be similar for everyone unless they've had a big influx of applications then/since

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending