The Student Room Group

Good time 5km run?

I’m 84kg. Aged 18. What’s a good time for me to run a 5km run in?

Xtra: I only started running last month.
20-25 min
Obviously depends on the individual and aims, including what sex you are.

I'd agree with the above, although that is a huge range of course. 20 mins put you in probably one of the best runners in your area, 25 mins is much more common but fair bit above what the average 18 year old could do.
When everyone was doing that run 5k donate £5 to the NHS their average times were 40 minutes.
I do 5k in around 25 minutes (I'm in my 20s and not all that fit)
i take 27 mins , one of the slowest out of my friends lol
I take around 29 mins ahah

Original post by blobfish123
i take 27 mins , one of the slowest out of my friends lol
25 minutes is a fair time for someone your age and who has only been running for 1 month. If you really get into it then you'd probably want to aim for about 18 minutes which would be competitive at a local level, but take it bit by bit, it takes a lot of training to get to that level, especially if you haven't been near that before.

I'm about 2 months into getting into running again and my 5k pace is currently 21 minutes, 10k is 48 minutes though I could probably do ~46 on a better day.

Try to do a combination of running further than 5k on some days and running faster than your previous pace on others. Make sure to do more exercise than just running as this will help too, even if this is just sit-ups, press ups, squats after your run.
Thanks for the advice!!!

Quick Reply

Latest