The Student Room Group

Anyone also a fan of/loves/likes/is interested in lolita fashion?

c'mon. i can't be the only one

also i know there's a book called lolita but idk much about it, im talking about the type of fashion called lolita --> https://i.pinimg.com/736x/60/de/5c/60de5cf6bb74facda611a5e04c9b8963.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what is lolita fashion?
are you refering to the book by nabokov
Reply 2
Never heard of it
Reply 3
Original post by megan_e
what is lolita fashion?
are you refering to the book by nabokov

No idea what the book is about, never read it idk
Reply 4
tbh i wouldt wear that,
its too frilly. it does look cool on those dolls that you see in antique stores though
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
lol never knew the book was about a ***** until now
OH no no no the BOOK Lolita is nothing like the fashion trust me :no:

Lolita is a book on paedophilia
yep I did it for my coursework 🤨
tis nothing to do with the fashion, I'm surprised more people haven't heard of Lolita fashion though
What is it?
Reply 9
Original post by Mike Jordan
What is it?

a type of fashion - a sweet lolita is shown in the link i put in under the title
Original post by 2026_helia
c'mon. i can't be the only one

also i know there's a book called lolita but idk much about it, im talking about the type of fashion called lolita --> https://i.pinimg.com/736x/60/de/5c/60de5cf6bb74facda611a5e04c9b8963.jpg

Lolita fashion can look cool, I wouldn't personally wear it though because I'd be too conscious of people starring at me but there was a girl at school who always wore Lolita fashion and I thought it looked really nice!

We did have a school 'awards' ceremony type thing where the headteacher kept on stressing how you had to turn up in formal wear and look as if you're going to a job interview and this girl wore her Lolita clothes. I saw the headteacher's look and he was not impressed.
a type of fashion - a sweet lolita is shown in the link i put in under the title

Right, well I don't wear dresses.
Original post by neko no basu
Lolita fashion can look cool, I wouldn't personally wear it though because I'd be too conscious of people starring at me but there was a girl at school who always wore Lolita fashion and I thought it looked really nice!

We did have a school 'awards' ceremony type thing where the headteacher kept on stressing how you had to turn up in formal wear and look as if you're going to a job interview and this girl wore her Lolita clothes. I saw the headteacher's look and he was not impressed.

aw go her! Yeah I would be too self concious to wear in public when I've bought a dress/coord
I've heard of the style and I love it (poofy skirts yes please!) and the designs are pretty nice. I would wear it in public but parents say otherwise :frown: and it's pretty expensive.
It’s a bit creepy
Original post by SnowMiku
I've heard of the style and I love it (poofy skirts yes please!) and the designs are pretty nice. I would wear it in public but parents say otherwise :frown: and it's pretty expensive.

Aw yayyyy found someone who likes it too! Are you a sweet lolita, mori, gothic, classic, sailor...etc?
Aw yayyyy found someone who likes it too! Are you a sweet lolita, mori, gothic, classic, sailor...etc?

I don't own anything as of yet :frown:
I like the gothic style from what I've seen
Sorry if my original post was misleading!
Original post by SnowMiku
I don't own anything as of yet :frown:
I like the gothic style from what I've seen
Sorry if my original post was misleading!

It's completely fine! Your post wasn't misleading, I would consider you as a gothic lolita if you were interested in the gothic clothes :smile: i love sweet lolita, though I haven't got any dresses...yet :3
It's completely fine! Your post wasn't misleading, I would consider you as a gothic lolita if you were interested in the gothic clothes :smile: i love sweet lolita, though I haven't got any dresses...yet :3

:smile: Well the aesthetic is nice without being a total goth (that my parents would not approve of!) - hope you are able to get some dresses in the future! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending