The Student Room Group

how to make revision cards and mindmaps?.....

how do i make revision cards and mindmaps?
Original post by sarahhhxo
how do i make revision cards and mindmaps?

you need to figure out how works for you best, you want to keep the information short and to the point for learning facts usually.
TSR's sister site has some tools to do it online. It's called getrevising.com
i would make big chunks of information *only the key information* into mind maps, and from there I would turn those sentence-long facts into questions that i had to answer on the flip side of a flashcard.
Reply 4
I would plan out what I wanted to have on the mind map, and account the space. If I knew that I wanted to do a theme and have a section for each of the characters, t hen I would separate the page into the number of characters I needed. I try not to write in full sentences on a mind map, it needs to be short and snappy. I also would colour code mine, for example in science I would do required practicals in red and formulae to learn in green.

For flashcards it really varies per subject, so which subjects do you need help with?
Reply 5
Original post by belle.c
I would plan out what I wanted to have on the mind map, and account the space. If I knew that I wanted to do a theme and have a section for each of the characters, t hen I would separate the page into the number of characters I needed. I try not to write in full sentences on a mind map, it needs to be short and snappy. I also would colour code mine, for example in science I would do required practicals in red and formulae to learn in green.

For flashcards it really varies per subject, so which subjects do you need help with?

i need help with the flashcards for maths and english
Reply 6
Original post by sarahhhxo
i need help with the flashcards for maths and english

For English I would write a quote on one side, and then I would write my annotations on the other side if I wanted to learn the annotations. To learn the quote I would write the first half of a quote on one side, and the second half of a quote on the other side, and then practice that. I would have four piles, Revise Daily, Weekly, Monthly and just before the exam. If I got a flashcard right, it would move up to the next pile, and if I got it wrong, it would move all the way back to daily.

For maths I would find a question, which also had a worked solution. I would write the question on one side, and then write out all of the worked solutions on the other. For circle theorems I would write the theorem on one side, and the proof on the other. For the equations I would just write them out on one side, and what they solved on the other, and did the same with the sine and cosine rules.
Reply 7
Original post by belle.c
For English I would write a quote on one side, and then I would write my annotations on the other side if I wanted to learn the annotations. To learn the quote I would write the first half of a quote on one side, and the second half of a quote on the other side, and then practice that. I would have four piles, Revise Daily, Weekly, Monthly and just before the exam. If I got a flashcard right, it would move up to the next pile, and if I got it wrong, it would move all the way back to daily.

For maths I would find a question, which also had a worked solution. I would write the question on one side, and then write out all of the worked solutions on the other. For circle theorems I would write the theorem on one side, and the proof on the other. For the equations I would just write them out on one side, and what they solved on the other, and did the same with the sine and cosine rules.

ohhh thanks this helped me alot thanks hope this works for me

Quick Reply

Latest