The Student Room Group

3 black militia members shot by one of their own at protest

Who'd have thought it, morons with guns manage to shoot themselves :rolleyes: Not sure if anyones seen the videos from these protests (not just this particular group) but walking around with rifles and flagging each other constantly.. its painful :lol: Props to them for going this long without shooting someone though i guess.

Three members of an armed militia were shot in an apparent accident at a protest calling for justice for Breonna Taylor in Louisville on Saturday afternoon.
The three people, all members of the NFAC, suffered non-life threatening injuries, according to the Louisville Metro Police Department. The shooter was also a member of the militia.
The group's founder, John "Grand Master Jay" Johnson, told ABC News that members of the militia were inspecting firearms prior to the demonstration when a woman's weapon was accidentally discharged. Johnson referred to the woman as a trainee.
"Today, shortly before 1:00 pm, three people were struck by gunfire as the result of a discharge of someone's gun who was participating in the NFAC demonstration at Baxter Park," Louisville Metro's interim Chief of Police Robert Schroeder said in a statement. "Louisville Division of Fire and LMEMS arrived a short time later and transported all three victims to the University of Louisville Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. All involved are members of the NFAC and there are no outstanding suspects."
The police said the investigation into the shooting was ongoing.

"This is a tragic situation that could have been much worse," Schroeder added. "I encourage anyone choosing to exercise their Second Amendment rights to do so responsibly."
Louisville police released surveillance footage of the shooting that showed dozens of members of the NFAC milling around the park prior to the march when the gun accidentally discharged and a few people dropped to the ground injured.

Johnson would not comment on the group's vetting process for those who took part in the armed march.
"I believe that everyone should exercise the utmost responsibility when handling firearms, but then again, we're dealing with humans who make mistakes," Johnson told ABC News.
The NFAC, which is short for "Not F------- Around Coalition," was marching in military-style fatigues and carrying semi-automatic weapons in order to call attention to the fatal police shooting of Taylor in March. Johnson said about 2,500 armed and 300 unarmed militia members took part in the march.
The 26-year-old EMT was killed in her own home when police executed a "no-knock" warrant searching for a drug trafficker. Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, opened fire on police believing that someone was breaking into the house. Taylor was struck by gunfire at least eight times when police returned fire.

For months, protesters have been calling for the three officers who were involved in the shooting to be arrested and charged. The protests gained in intensity following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis in May.
Officer Brett Hankison was fired last month for violating procedure when he shot Taylor.
Louisville police had said they were ready for demonstrations in the city on Saturday and shut down roads as a precaution to allow the NFAC members and others to march.
"LMPD remains committed to peaceful expression of views under the First Amendment. As we have done for several weeks, there will be no need for police intervention as long as there is no threat to public safety," the police said in a statement Friday. "We will not tolerate the barricading of streets by non-law enforcement, impeding traffic, or attempting to threaten or force people not involved in the protests from their intended destination."
Counterprotesters, a far-right militia called the Three Percenters, also appeared at Saturday's protest.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/members-armed-militia-shot-breonna-taylor-protest/story?id=71990031

Scroll to see replies

I saw this on Twitter earlier, their gun safety is appalling.

This seems to be a bit of an issue in St. Louis, it was only a few weeks ago we had the Ken & Karen the cul-de-sac Commandos flagging each other outside their mansion.
Reply 2
Doesnt surprise me. Twas only a matter of time before something like this would happen.

If theres going to be a militia, people at least need to use their brains and make sure they're being safe. Then again, any group of people walking the streets carrying guns obviously dont have safety as their upmost priority...
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Doesnt surprise me. Twas only a matter of time before something like this would happen.

I'm impressed it took so long to be honest. Seeing the videos/pictures of these various 'protestors' walking around pointing their guns at each other with their fingers inside the trigger guard.. It boggles the mind. If my old RSM ever caught me doing that he'd have beaten me with his pace stick :lol:

If theres going to be a militia, people at least need to use their brains and make sure they're being safe. Then again, any group of people walking the streets carrying guns obviously dont have safety as their upmost priority...

Indeed, i mean im far from anti gun but the idea of allowing people to stroll through the streets more heavily armed than a marine seems somewhat confusing to me. Not to mention the distinct message it sends to people watching this, if this is what officers in the states have to deal with no wonder there are so many shootings.
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
I saw this on Twitter earlier, their gun safety is appalling.

This seems to be a bit of an issue in St. Louis, it was only a few weeks ago we had the Ken & Karen the cul-de-sac Commandos flagging each other outside their mansion.

The memes for that were outstanding though :colone:
Reply 5
Original post by Napp
I'm impressed it took so long to be honest. Seeing the videos/pictures of these various 'protestors' walking around pointing their guns at each other with their fingers inside the trigger guard.. It boggles the mind. If my old RSM ever caught me doing that he'd have beaten me with his pace stick :lol:

Indeed, i mean im far from anti gun but the idea of allowing people to stroll through the streets more heavily armed than a marine seems somewhat confusing to me. Not to mention the distinct message it sends to people watching this, if this is what officers in the states have to deal with no wonder there are so many shootings.

Im going to think positive and hope they learn from their mistakes ( although the realistic side of me doesnt have high hopes ).

Pretty much sums it up. It also strikes me as ironic that these people are protesting for peace while carrying around a concerning number of guns.
Reply 6
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Im going to think positive and hope they learn from their mistakes ( although the realistic side of me doesnt have high hopes ).

Pretty much sums it up. It also strikes me as ironic that these people are protesting for peace while carrying around a concerning number of guns.

prsom for this in particular :lol:
I always found it interesting that half these gun totting lot are supposedly protesting to defend the police etc. yet also claim to be keeping their guns incase the law comes to take them. Unless i'm missing something those positions are mutually exclusive
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
prsom for this in particular :lol:
I always found it interesting that half these gun totting lot are supposedly protesting to defend the police etc. yet also claim to be keeping their guns incase the law comes to take them. Unless i'm missing something those positions are mutually exclusive

Prsom back
Hypocrisy seems to be a reoccurring theme, thats for sure.
Reply 8
Peaceful baseball bats are a little bit more peaceful.

Reply 9
Original post by Ascend

This should be a recruiting photo for the woke cause. I believe every "marginalized" demographic seems to be represented here in one form or another :lol:
Original post by Napp
This should be a recruiting photo for the woke cause. I believe every "marginalized" demographic seems to be represented here in one form or another :lol:

Original post by Ascend

Here we see the violent gimps of Evergreen College, hot foot from hunting down Bret Weinstein, a lecturer who had the temerity to say something that they weren't used to hearing. The word "No".
It was an excellent example of go woke get broke as it has lead to a collapse of applicant numbers and as a result the sacking of lots of staff.
I have to say i would love to know how many people this sort of lunacy has pushed politically towards the right.
Original post by Ascend

would still lose to these ****ers:

Original post by DR.DOOM
would still lose to these ****ers:

Instantly heard this in my head when I saw that^

The NFAC "Grandmaster" (interesting choice of title) has come out and said the negligent discharge was the gun's fault.

https://youtu.be/xlPW25ps1V8?t=168
(I can't find the original clip so this will have to do)

No wonder these morons shots themselves, they don't know how guns work nor what they are even called.
Reply 15
The NFAC "Grandmaster" (interesting choice of title) has come out and said the negligent discharge was the gun's fault.

https://youtu.be/xlPW25ps1V8?t=168
(I can't find the original clip so this will have to do)

No wonder these morons shots themselves, they don't know how guns work nor what they are even called.

Ah yes, its the guns fault the moron pointed it the wrong way and pulled the trigger :rofl:
Also did he just call that a bullpup..?
Original post by Napp
Ah yes, its the guns fault the moron pointed it the wrong way and pulled the trigger :rofl:
Also did he just call that a bullpup..?

He did call it a bullpup, I can only facepalm so hard...

I'm fascinated to know how one negligent discharge managed to hit 3 people including himself.
Reply 17
He did call it a bullpup, I can only facepalm so hard...

I'm fascinated to know how one negligent discharge managed to hit 3 people including himself.

Oh just notted the videos from AKGuy, always love his overview of people cocking around with guns.. he had some rather dry observations on 'cul-de-sac commandos' if memory serves :lol:

Aye its rather impressive isn't it?! Stupid cubed i guess :lol:
Original post by Napp
Oh just notted the videos from AKGuy, always love his overview of people cocking around with guns.. he had some rather dry observations on 'cul-de-sac commandos' if memory serves :lol:

Aye its rather impressive isn't it?! Stupid cubed i guess :lol:

That he did.

I think the greatest argument against gun ownership is stupid people.
Reply 19
That he did.

I think the greatest argument against gun ownership is stupid people.

On the flip side, it might go some way to bringing darwinism back :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending