The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Richard_cook
What do I do then. I’m urgent for a reply!

Don't commit fraud

Original post by sarahmh_
In all fairness when I reported a similar incident to Action Fraud (working group before it gets to the police etc) that's what put this CIFAS marker on my account in the first place as they see me as a victim of fraud. It's not always a bad thing, but it's worth finding out why you have it.

Like above people have mentioned try and get a Monzo bank account in the meantime and contact relevant parties.

Ohhhh that's a different kind of CIFAS marker I'm guessing. There's more than one out there.

At one point I had a National Art Pass with ArtFund and they got hacked... ended up with member's details.

They gave us all protective registration with CIFAS at their expense.

For a while I had to undergo additional checks when applying for things to ensure it was actually me applying. Didn't do anything fraudulent and wasn't rejected for stuff (not allowed to do that automatically due to protective reg) but it was a pain in the arse waiting 14 days for something that should take 3 minutes!
Original post by sarahmh_
Yes it was absolutely fine, I also managed to get a Monzo account and some savings accounts.

New current accounts were off limits for a few years, and I've only recently been able to get a credit card but I'm about five or so years in now

Thank you so much for the advice this has helped me so much
Has anyone ever got a cifas marker removed, if so please contact me
Original post by Anonymous
Do you know what will happen to my accounts I have cause I still have NatWest and another I’m not sure if I’ll lose them when I turn 18 and how can I get a tuition loan for uni

If they clock on they might get closed and has it been closed already or still open and tuition loans should be ok
Original post by Limit2331
Has anyone ever got a cifas marker removed, if so please contact me

Nope but I heard if you make complaints to the bank it might help banks don’t like that
Thank you do you know how it will affect uni cause I do still have two normal accounts which I can use if I was to use one would it be accepted ? And when I turn 18 will I lose them accounts

You can still go uni and yeah you can use them without no problem and no you won’t if you was gonna lose them you would of done already
You can still go uni and yeah you can use them without no problem and no you won’t if you was gonna lose them you would of done already

Thank you
How is everyone coping anyone need any help ?
Original post by Boywonder4563
How is everyone coping anyone need any help ?

Yes don’t know what bank to open up with with a cifa marker I have complaint a lot I heard if you complain a lot they will take of cifa marker however I’m going uni in 6 weeks and I’m accountless and the banks haven’t respond to me
Yes don’t know what bank to open up with with a cifa marker I have complaint a lot I heard if you complain a lot they will take of cifa marker however I’m going uni in 6 weeks and I’m accountless and the banks haven’t respond to me

There is another way to get it removed
There is another way to get it removed

What’s your Snapchat mate, I’ll message you of how you can get it removed

Either open a monzo bank or add up cifasappeal on snapchat and they will help you to get the cifas marker removed
What’s your Snapchat mate, I’ll message you of how you can get it removed

Try monzo for definite keep appealing. For the time being If you can’t have a monzo get a pre paid
Either open a monzo bank or add up cifasappeal on snapchat and they will help you to get the cifas marker removed

I did add him he did the process but they taking long for a final response

Have patience mate and let us know about the final response.

And what’s the chance of you getting it removed?
Have patience mate and let us know about the final response.

It’s been 3 months.. it normally take 6-8 weeks but I’ll keep waiting
And what’s the chance of you getting it removed?

People have gotten their cifa markets taken off with the guy cifaappeal on snapchat but mine just taking long probably because of Covid

I’m still waiting to be added back
Original post by Boywonder4563
I’m still waiting to be added back

His busy I just texted him

Latest

Trending

Trending