The Student Room Group

My brother has left the house in a state after a party...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I appreciate the response. He's not a teenager.

They're always teenagers - usually well into their 30s...
Original post by Reality Check
They're always teenagers - usually well into their 30s...

Yeah, that's true. That's why him calling me 'childish' in the past really made me angry. The guy is a ****ing hypocrite.

He had the party the day my mum left...
Yeah, that's true. That's why him calling me 'childish' in the past really made me angry. The guy is a ****ing hypocrite.

He had the party the day my mum left...

Yep, that's pretty typical.

Put it this way, I'd lost track of the number of house parties I went to where it ended up as a bit of a wreck and all the lads would just slope off early in the morning and it was left to the girls to get the bin bags and cloths and basically spend the whole rest of the day getting the house back to normal: usually because they felt sorry for the girl(s) there left to face the devastation.

When he gets his ass back from work, I'd shove a cloth in one hand, a broom in the other and tell him to get the f*** on with it. No negotiations, no arguments, no discussion.
Yep, that's pretty typical.

Put it this way, I'd lost track of the number of house parties I went to where it ended up as a bit of a wreck and all the lads would just slope off early in the morning and it was left to the girls to get the bin bags and cloths and basically spend the whole rest of the day getting the house back to normal: usually because they felt sorry for the girl(s) there left to face the devastation.

When he gets his ass back from work, I'd shove a cloth in one hand, a broom in the other and tell him to get the f*** on with it. No negotiations, no arguments, no discussion.

Or frame him. Grab some dog excrement from the local park and chuck it in parents' bedroom. Say his mates did it.
Sry lol. I love a bit of 'creativity' when dealing with exploitative people like what this guy sound he's like.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Or frame him. Grab some dog excrement from the local park and chuck it in parents' bedroom. Say his mates did it.

Ooh, evil :devil: Even worse - ruffle up all the bedclothes in the parents bedroom and make it look like one of her brother's mates was having sex with some girl in his parents' bed. That'll work :laugh:
Ooh, evil :devil: Even worse - ruffle up all the bedclothes in the parents bedroom and make it look like one of her brother's mates was having sex with some girl in his parents' bed. That'll work :laugh:

& block the toilet with bath towels.
Original post by NonIndigenous
& block the toilet with bath towels.

I think we're getting carried away with this :laugh: The poor girl has enough to deal with, without us two making it worse
I'd take some photos to use ... just in case :smile:

Please don't tidy up for him - that's what he's hoping for.
Take a picture,send it to him and tell him you'll tell your parents and clean as best as you can I know its not fair of him but you need to help out as much as u can even tho u werent involved
Don't tidy it up.
He will try and wait it out, knowing that at some point you will be so bothered you will just clean it. Let him clean it up.
He likely didn't have time to clean it up before work (or was too hungover to face it). Leave it to him. He'll surely get to it tonight.
Original post by sinfonietta
He likely didn't have time to clean it up before work (or was too hungover to face it). Leave it to him. He'll surely get to it tonight.

Not before work, but come on, I’ve been through worse and I’ve cleaned up mess single handed with a nuclear bomb of a headache. There is no excuse to spend 2-3 hours cleaning.
If he’s waiting to see it I’ll clean it up for him, he’s a ****ing tool. This is why I refuse to talk to him or get involved with him in any way.

He’s rude to random strangers, obnoxious and lazy. He goes around thinking he’s the ****ing thing, but he’s so stuck up his own ass.
If he’s waiting to see it I’ll clean it up for him, he’s a ****ing tool. This is why I refuse to talk to him or get involved with him in any way.

He’s rude to random strangers, obnoxious and lazy. He goes around thinking he’s the ****ing thing, but he’s so stuck up his own ass.

One day hopefully he'll grow up
He's 24. I hope he does, but it's becoming increasingly unlikely.

By his age, you're supposed to know that if you make a mess, you clean it (i.e you take responsibility)

I mean judging by the noise, there must have been a dozen people or so here. The sitting room and kitchen are an absolute mess.
@Reality Check

I hope you don't mind me @ting you

I just went out to get the dog some food, and I come back and my brother and a few of his friends are in the kitchen doing **** all.

One of them even goes "Hi (my name) we had a rave the other night" to which I replied "Yeah, and you lot kept me up till 4 am".

He says "Oh, you were in?"...

"You don't ****ing say".

How can these people have no ****ing idea...
@SoulfulTwist
@Reality Check

I hope you don't mind me @ting you

I just went out to get the dog some food, and I come back and my brother and a few of his friends are in the kitchen doing **** all.

One of them even goes "Hi (my name) we had a rave the other night" to which I replied "Yeah, and you lot kept me up till 4 am".

He says "Oh, you were in?"...

"You don't ****ing say".

How can these people have no ****ing idea...

Just do as said above take photos, leave it to him and make sure your parents bed looks violated.
If you want to go for advanced you can take tips from the Jonny Depp trial.
Its not your problem.
Original post by 999tigger
Just do as said above take photos, leave it to him and make sure your parents bed looks violated.
If you want to go for advanced you can take tips from the Jonny Depp trial.
Its not your problem.

You're right that it's not my problem, but it's still infuriating.
You're right that it's not my problem, but it's still infuriating.

Not really. You warned him, let him reap the rewards. Tidy your own room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending