The Student Room Group

Witchcraft

Is anyone here a witch? I have just found out about witchcraft and want to know more about it. Can you be male and be involved in witchcraft? What type of powers does it give you and how long does it take to see them?
How could someone get started?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not a witch, no :tongue:

Yes, from what I know anyone can practice witchcraft. Powers? I'm not so sure of, you won't be blasting fireballs anytime soon. They're all classified as witches, but there are different sects and paths you can take, not every witch does the same thing. You also need to know if this is right for you, your intentions is the key to whatever you can achieve from the very little knowledge I have. I'll attach an interesting article and medium post below :smile:

Interesting read: https://medium.com/@brittvasicek/witchcraft-where-do-i-start-88edb6efddc1

Beginner tips: https://www.thetetraktys.com/2018/witchcraft-beginners-10-tips/

Beginner's guide: https://www.wmagazine.com/story/how-to-become-a-witch-beginners-guide/

Good luck :yeah:
Original post by Anonymous
Is anyone here a witch? I have just found out about witchcraft and want to know more about it. Can you be male and be involved in witchcraft? What type of powers does it give you and how long does it take to see them?

Yes. I attend Hogwarts and have the reputation of the most brightest in my year.

My role model is Hermione Granger.

What would you like to know?
Reply 3

don't waste your time. i used to be into satanic stuff, including satanic rituals in my early teens, none of them worked i assure you. so yeah, don't waste your time, lmao. atheism is the only way. don't believe in 'gods' or magic
Reply 4
lmao, i'm dead
Reply 6
@Brutal Bee is a witch, and @WoodlandSorcerer is a wizard ( if that counts ) :yep:

For a mere £100,000, I can instruct you. Just be warned that you need to have (super-)natural ability, or it will be wasted.
So does Voldemort and Dumbledore but you listed them... :dontknow:
so to get started you need:

1 sharp knife
1 black cat
1 packet of henbane
1 altar
1 virgin
1 family pack of tissues for wiping up

and you're good to go :h:
So can Dobby be alive, please? :puppyeyes:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
@Brutal Bee is a witch, and @WoodlandSorcerer is a wizard ( if that counts ) :yep:

Bee isn't a witch, she's a fraud. She herself has publicly admitted that she only pretends to be a witch to wind me up.
Reply 12
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Bee isn't a witch, she's a fraud. She herself has publicly admitted that she only pretends to be a witch to wind me up.

Oh dear... I feel lied to :frown:
Is anyone here a witch?

Yes, but I'm male and do not choose to use the term "witch". I am a sorcerer instead.

I have just found out about witchcraft and want to know more about it. Can you be male and be involved in witchcraft?

Yes, males can be just as involved as females.

What type of powers does it give you and how long does it take to see them?

If you're interested in classic/traditional witchcraft then I suppose it's best to look up witches on Youtube as there are many of them. I'm not a "traditional" sorcerer in that I don't work with crystals, rituals, poppets, tarot cards and so on. I am much more general and utilise my imagination, imaginal acts, voidentity meditations and so on. There is no set time for these powers to arrive, ultimately everything stems from belief so you will only be able to achieve what you 100% believe is possible.

All power and magic come from the mind/belief. There's no such thing as a ritual or ceremony that will randomly bestow you with powers. That will only work if you 100% believe that it will, in which case it was actually your belief and not the ceremony per se that activated them.
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh dear... I feel lied to :frown:

I know, she really is naughty: trying to copyright the unique and carefully crafted role that I've forged for myself on here. Can't really blame her in some ways though, being a bee must be so dreadfully boring and one-dimensional :mmm:
Witchcraft won't grant you magical abilities but the rituals and traditions involved are quite calming and empowering unlike organised religion the ball is in your court and its something you can start to learn at your own pace. Harmony Nice on YouTube is a good guide.
Reply 16

Was the name WoodlandWizard already taken, I wonder? :dontknow:
Original post by Surnia
Was the name WoodlandWizard already taken, I wonder? :dontknow:

Nope. I don’t really like the term wizard all that much because it usually evokes images of big-bellied old men with long beards and tacky star-studded robes. Cliché and not my cuppa tea. Sorcerer, in my opinion, is a much nicer, aesthetic, mysterious and far less commonly used word!
Reply 18
Original post by the bear
so to get started you need:

1 sharp knife
1 black cat
1 packet of henbane
1 altar
1 virgin
1 family pack of tissues for wiping up

and you're good to go :h:

https://youtu.be/iKFewqgnKmM
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer

This world is too cruel. Why can I not be whatever I wish to be? I am a full-time bee, part-time witch and TSR-mother. What titles have you earned?

@LovelyMrFox Thank you for remembering to tag the greatest spellcaster on this site. : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending