The Student Room Group

I peed myself badly when I sneezed...

I put this on the main health thread as well because it's not a sexual health thing but this thread just seems a lot more open about these kinds of topics, so I thought I'd put it here too.

This happened over a week ago now but honestly it was so embarrassing there'd be no way I could talk about it before then.
So I was on a zoom dance class and we were doing a lot of stuff involving jumping around. I'd needed the toilet for like 20 minutes but I wasn't desperate or anything, I stopped to sneeze at one point and it just all came out. I was wearing a leotard and tights (and underwear) and it soaked everything through. Going to the toilet just isn't done in my class and I had nothing to change into even if I went, so I stayed on the call until the end half an hour later just praying my leotard was too dark for anyone to see it. This made me feel so horrible in a way I can't really explain, I'm 16 and this has never happened before, I stood crying off camera because it was so stressful and I didn't know what to do.

In general I'm not the best at holding my pee, I can't really wait that long and I drink less water than most because when I do drink I end up using the toilet a lot. I've peed myself sneezing or jumping before to the point where it's been through my pantyliner and underwear but not anything else, but I just assumed that was normal at the time and now I'm guessing it's not.

Has anyone else ever been through this? I feel horrible about it, and I don't know what to do because I've never heard of this in teenagers before, is it something worth going to the doctors about or are they just going to fob me off because it hasn't happened too often? I really don't want to be telling anyone if I don't have to. If anyone has had something similar please please help or give me your experiences. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
I put this on the main health thread as well because it's not a sexual health thing but this thread just seems a lot more open about these kinds of topics, so I thought I'd put it here too.

This happened over a week ago now but honestly it was so embarrassing there'd be no way I could talk about it before then.
So I was on a zoom dance class and we were doing a lot of stuff involving jumping around. I'd needed the toilet for like 20 minutes but I wasn't desperate or anything, I stopped to sneeze at one point and it just all came out. I was wearing a leotard and tights (and underwear) and it soaked everything through. Going to the toilet just isn't done in my class and I had nothing to change into even if I went, so I stayed on the call until the end half an hour later just praying my leotard was too dark for anyone to see it. This made me feel so horrible in a way I can't really explain, I'm 16 and this has never happened before, I stood crying off camera because it was so stressful and I didn't know what to do.

In general I'm not the best at holding my pee, I can't really wait that long and I drink less water than most because when I do drink I end up using the toilet a lot. I've peed myself sneezing or jumping before to the point where it's been through my pantyliner and underwear but not anything else, but I just assumed that was normal at the time and now I'm guessing it's not.

Has anyone else ever been through this? I feel horrible about it, and I don't know what to do because I've never heard of this in teenagers before, is it something worth going to the doctors about or are they just going to fob me off because it hasn't happened too often? I really don't want to be telling anyone if I don't have to. If anyone has had something similar please please help or give me your experiences. Thanks!

hey! ive come to the rescue! although ive never experienced this,i have laughed to the point where ive pissed myself (lol tmi) :lol: but the second you feel you need to pee you probably should go to a bathroom instead of holding it for however long. some people do have a light bladder where there more prone to just peeing and certin things trigger your bladder to just let it out. so if you think that may be the case i would talk to your doctor about it (and remember your doctor is there for you, there not gonna make fun of you or think your a freak theyve seen/heard worse. by not going your only hurting yourself). its perfectly normal though, especially in children and adolensents. hope this helped. xx (hugs) :heart:
How do you use the bathroom while in a leotard and tights?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear about your embarrassing experience. It can be distressing to go through such situations. However, it's important to remember that accidents like these can happen to anyone, regardless of age. Urinary incontinence, which is the involuntary loss of urine, can occur for various reasons and is more common than you might think.

It's worth noting that I am not a medical professional, so I can't provide you with a definitive diagnosis. However, I can offer some general information and guidance.

In teenagers, urinary incontinence can have several potential causes, including weak pelvic floor muscles, hormonal changes, urinary tract infections, or underlying medical conditions. It's important to consult with a healthcare professional, such as a doctor or a urologist, to discuss your symptoms and get a proper evaluation. They can help determine the underlying cause and provide appropriate guidance or treatment options.

Don't feel embarrassed or hesitant about discussing this issue with a healthcare professional. They are trained to handle such situations and are there to help you. Remember that many people experience similar problems, and seeking medical advice is a positive step towards finding a solution.

In the meantime, it might be helpful to practice exercises that strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, such as Kegel exercises. These exercises can help improve bladder control. Additionally, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including drinking an adequate amount of water and avoiding excessive caffeine and carbonated beverages, can also contribute to better bladder health!

It's important to prioritize your well-being and seek the necessary medical advice to address your concerns.
Reply 4
Least you didn't have your towel fall off in a changing room and a couple of your so called friends laughing saying hairy muff

Quick Reply

Latest