The Student Room Group

I was rejected but the reason does not apply to me.

My application has been rejected by King's College London and the reason given was:
"Unfortunately, your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement which is necessary for entry to this programme therefore we are unable to consider your application any further"

My qualifications do meet their subject requirement though.. Their website says a 2:1 honours degree with physics as the main field of study and I do have a 2:1. It doesn't look like there are any other qualifications that I am missing.

Should I contact them or is it standard to have a generic reason for rejection?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't hurt to query it
I am so sad
My application has been rejected by King's College London and the reason given was:
"Unfortunately, your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement which is necessary for entry to this programme therefore we are unable to consider your application any further"

My qualifications do meet their subject requirement though.. Their website says a 2:1 honours degree with physics as the main field of study and I do have a 2:1. It doesn't look like there are any other qualifications that I am missing.

Original post by throwaway2021

They can also look into GCSE's and A-levels and various other Qualifications, it's best to look up on every entry requirement not just the one you've recently obtained. :smile:
Maybe GCSEs or A Levels? Possibly extra curriculars as well?

Was physics your main field of study in the degree?
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Was physics your main field of study in the degree?

Yes.
Yes.

Then I’d suggest ringing them up to make sure they haven’t made a mistake.
Original post by bingbong9214
Maybe GCSEs or A Levels? Possibly extra curriculars as well?

There isn't anything listed on the webpage about GCSEs or A levels or extracurricular activities. I would also meet the GCSE/A Level requirements.

If a requirement that I didn't meet was clearly listed on their webpage, I wouldn't have spent the £70 to apply.
Email admissions and the course director.
Reply 11

Some postgraduate courses require you to be at a certain % on your transcript - might that be it? Did you have to include that level of info in your application?
Original post by 2500_2
Some postgraduate courses require you to be at a certain % on your transcript - might that be it? Did you have to include that level of info in your application?

Maybe, but it doesn't say that anywhere on their online prospectus. It says 2:1 in the relevant field and in some cases a 2:2 is accepted. I have a high 2:1.

Again - if a requirement that I didn't meet was clearly listed on their webpage, I wouldn't have spent the £70 to apply.
Original post by jackien1
Email admissions and the course director.

Should I give admissions a call or do you think an email would be better?
Should I give admissions a call or do you think an email would be better?

Are the phone lines open? I would give them a call but some (or most) unis aren't physically open so there's no one physically there to take calls.

Contact and seek clarification.

Have you checked any additional requirements such as English?
Original post by 999tigger
Contact and seek clarification.

Have you checked any additional requirements such as English?

Yes, I studied at a UK university and satisfy the English requirement.
Yes, I studied at a UK university and satisfy the English requirement.

O dont know. so worth checking. It may be they gave you the wrong generic answer or they made a mistake.
Original post by jackien1
Are the phone lines open? I would give them a call but some (or most) unis aren't physically open so there's no one physically there to take calls.

You are right. I can't call the admissions team or the department because of coronavirus.

Email them for clarification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending