The Student Room Group

Should you give someone who has cheated in past relationships a chance?

Been talking to this guy for a month and I really like him but I heard he did cheat on his ex and he did confirm himself and says he wouldn't cheat on me I don't know what to do just don't want to get hurt

Scroll to see replies

People who cheat are emotionally weak, they should never be given a chance. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
Reply 2
I would'nt even consider it. There are plenty of great people out there who havent cheated on their ex.
As that person: yes.

I cheated on someone in October 2010. It was a one time event, has never happened since, and I would never do it again. I learned from that experience.

And, before anyone tags @gjd800, yes he's aware of this and yet still trusts me!
If I was talking to a girl and she mentioned cheating on her ex, I would be extremely cautious.
There's a lot I can excuse a person for but cheating in a healthy relationship is very difficult to gloss over.
Too risky. I wouldnt touch a previous cheater, a past cheater is more likely to cheat than someone who has never cheated. so no
Original post by sinfonietta
As that person: yes.

I cheated on someone in October 2010. It was a one time event, has never happened since, and I would never do it again. I learned from that experience.

And, before anyone tags @gjd800, yes he's aware of this and yet still trusts me!

Is the guy you tagged your bf????
Original post by Hannah0505
Is the guy you tagged your bf????

Yes, he is.
I wouldn't write someone off if they've cheated in a past relationship unless I have reason to. If you trust them, give them a chance. Maybe they have changed.

You shouldn't let someone's past actions define them (unless the cheating has happened several times in several different relationships).
Original post by sinfonietta
Yes, he is.

irl or online?
Reply 10
irl or online?

Is there a difference...? :curious:
It depends whether marriage or a civil partnership was involved and if so whether the alleged 'cheating' involved any face to face meetings/playing video games without permission or alleged 'emotional infidelity' of speaking to a friend/relative that the partner despises.
'When a man marries his mistress it creates a vacancy' .
Personally I'd give an unmarried guy a chance but wouldn't expect him to change his habits or suddenly develop enthusiasm for both sexual exclusivity and lifelong commitment.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Been talking to this guy for a month and I really like him but I heard he did cheat on his ex and he did confirm himself and says he wouldn't cheat on me I don't know what to do just don't want to get hurt

yes. people are so judgmental when it comes to cheating when in reality it's usually just a physical act with no emotions attached.
Reply 13
irl or online?

We are adults, there's no 'online' about it.

Kids :rolleyes:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Is there a difference...? :curious:

no but ive never seen people on tsr who know eachother
Original post by Ciel.
yes. people are so judgmental when it comes to cheating when in reality it's usually just a physical act with no emotions attached.

its not as simple as that
Original post by gjd800
We are adults, there's no 'online' about it.

Kids :rolleyes:

no need to be rude but okay
Straight up no. Even if they did only do it once. It's disgusting.
no but ive never seen people on tsr who know eachother

Yes, we know each other offline. If our relationship was exclusively online then I'd definitely become a serial cheater.
Original post by Ciel.

A lot of people are in the habit of using the phrase 'cheating' to describe a variety of conduct that they dislike, even if no dishonesty or intimate face to face sexual activity is involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending