The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

[Golden Thread] What do you think the world will look like in 5/10 years' time?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 20th August 2020 to be in with a chance of winning an Amazon Voucher! The more you post, the higher your chance of winning :yep: But remember not to spam or your post will be removed :nope:

We live in a time where a lot of change is happening fairly quickly. Ten years ago, in 2010, we were on the iPhone 4, David Cameron was Prime Minister, and Prince William got engaged to Kate Middleton. Five years ago, in 2015, we were on the iPhone 6/6S, we had the Charlie Hebdo attack and the rise of ISIS, same-sex marriage was legal in 22 countries, and the European migrant crisis was in full swing.

Now in 2020, we have a pandemic virus, increased political concern about the climate, the BLM movement, and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the royal family.

What do you think the world will look like in 5/10 years' time?

Here's the list of 2020 golden threads:

Golden ThreadsWhat will you miss about lockdown?
Sum up 2020 so far in a gif/meme
What would you change your TSR username to, and why?
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What do you think the world will look like in 5 years time?
If you were president for the day, what rule would you enforce?
What did you accomplish during lockdown?
How has lockdown changed your role?
What's the most useful thing you learnt at school?
Design a sandwich for 8472 to eat
How has lockdown changed your exercise regime?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No idea, none of us will be alive to see it at this rate... :colone:
Probably in the middle of World War III, which due to nuclear weapons will probably just lead to the world being blown up

Just a nice cheery thought for a Monday evening :smile:
Being ruled by me and my kitten army.
Original post by Andrew97
Being ruled by me and my kitten army.

PRSOM 😂
Nuclear Holocaust :h:
pretty much no difference, maybe a few cool new technologies but I'd expect it to be thoroughly underwhelming just as it would've been for someone skipping from 2009 to 2019 (2020 might be a bit more extreme lmao)
(edited 3 years ago)
high street ded
boomers ded
queenie ded
corona alive :yy:
Me coming out with a Chemistry degree (hopefully) and TSR becoming a news channel. :eek:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
high street ded
boomers ded
queenie ded
corona alive :yy:

:eek: I didn't even think about the death of the Queen!
Reply 10
The penalty for sneezing in public will be summary execution, anyone caught without a full biohazard suit will be subject to immediate flogging and the presence of cyber lynch mobs will be a daily occurrence :colone:
Original post by Napp
The penalty for sneezing in public will be summary execution, anyone caught without a full biohazard suit will be subject to immediate flogging and the presence of cyber lynch mobs will be a daily occurrence :colone:

Cyber lynch mobs?

Do they drive Cybertrucks? Or is it more the 80s imagining of neon covered cyber punks?
Reply 12
Original post by DiddyDec
Cyber lynch mobs?

Do they drive Cybertrucks? Or is it more the 80s imagining of neon covered cyber punks?

I'm hoping for a blend of the two, mad max meets Tesla :colone:
Original post by Napp
I'm hoping for a blend of the two, mad max meets Tesla :colone:

So basically Blade Runner.
More unemployment
Greater social divide
Empty stores
Reply 15
Well if the 2020 pattern continues, I reckon the zombie apocalypse and/or World War III.
We in the west will still be fighting amongst ourselves like rats in a barrel and the Chinese government will still be sitting back watching it all unfold.
The really bad news is America will have collapsed into civil war and as a consequence will have withdrawn from world influence.
China and Russia will be cutting up the pie.
In five years, we'll still have a few people fighting for certain causes, wars and civil wars will continue, poverty will continue, unemployment will continue, everything will be more or less the same. Coronavirus will be a blip in our memories. Everyone will be going around their lives absorbed in it, and TSRians will remain, no escape :colone:
a mess
Original post by bluemuffin
a mess

:rofl: Like usual

Latest