The Student Room Group

A&E Has Lost Half Its Viewers Since Dropping ‘Live PD’

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fullofsurprises
That's a very good article.

I'm not clear what point you're making. Are you claiming that the DHS were sent in because of the riots highlighted in that article? That's well wide of the facts. There have been outbreaks of violence in Portland but it's clear that Trump sent the DHS there to kick heads in as a very political act targeted at mainly peaceful left wing demonstrations.

The other riots across the country have definitely included a lot of opportunistic thiefs and local brands of racism directed against particular categories of storekeepers, just as happened in the London riots. That isn't particularly surprising given how high destitution and youth unemployment are now across America.

No, the article illustrates the current climate in the US. The DHS was called to Portland specifically to deal with the insurrections that have been ongoing for almost two months (in accordance with the Insurrection Act of 1807)

Do you now understand why this isn't 'fascism in action'? Why it's a legal move by the DHS?

Peaceful protests against police brutality are occurring nationwide, which is fantastic, but unfortunately, these protests are being subverted by an extremely violent, anarchist movement called AntiFa. This has been proven, time and time again by right and left journalists from Oregon and Washington state. That's exactly what AntiFa are, opportunists.

My point is that the US, no matter what your political leanings are, has to come to grips with the above fact.

Notice that most, if not all the rioters in portland, for instance, are all white and university-educated?

I haven't seen any mention of racists targeting minority-owned stores during the riots, so you'll have to link me to an article for that. I'm not dismissing it, I genuinely haven't read anything about it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Occitanie
No, the article illustrates the current climate in the US. The DHS was called to Portland specifically to deal with the insurrections that have been ongoing for almost two months (in accordance with the Insurrection Act of 1807)

Do you now understand why this isn't 'fascism in action'? Why it's a legal move by the DHS?

Peaceful protests against police brutality are occurring nationwide, which is fantastic, but unfortunately, these protests are being subverted by an extremely violent, anarchist movement called AntiFa. This has been proven, time and time again by right and left journalists from Oregon and Washington state. That's exactly what AntiFa are, opportunists.

My point is that the US, no matter what your political leanings are, has to come to grips with the above fact.

Notice that most, if not all the rioters in portland, for instance, are all white and university-educated?

I haven't seen any mention of racists targeting minority-owned stores during the riots, so you'll have to link me to an article for that. I'm not dismissing it, I genuinely haven't read anything about it.

Can you explain how targeting journalists forms part of this war on insurrection?

How about shooting less lethal munitions at homeless people?

What about using chemical weapons on peaceful crowds of people?
Reply 22
Original post by DiddyDec
Can you explain how targeting journalists forms part of this war on insurrection?

How about shooting less lethal munitions at homeless people?

What about using chemical weapons on peaceful crowds of people?

No, I can't explain it.

I do not condone any attack on journalists, homeless person or peaceful crowds of people. The police must be held accountable for any and all of these.

The insurrection being the thugs attack the federal buildings (i.e the government).
(edited 3 years ago)
No, I can't explain it.

I do not condone any attack on journalists, homeless person or peaceful crowds of people. The police must be held accountable for any and all of these.

The police can't be held to account when they don't wear identification or tape over their numbers to purposely stop identification.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/5dzw43/how-trumps-secret-police-are-going-after-portland-protesters-rubber-bullets

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/07/22/portland-police-officers-are-hiding-their-names-the-only-way-to-find-out-who-they-are-tell-the-city-their-names/
Reply 24

Lmao.

Stop peddling the lies about 'Trump's Secret Police' - they are wearing visible badges and unit identification numbers literally on their uniforms

Watch this video from 1:49 if you don't believe me. If you can't be bothered, I'm sorry but this discussion can't continue.

Also, what about this, found by the Portland Police Department in Downtown park

What could "peaceful" protestors possibly be doing with two Molotovs and 4 magazines?

You need to start distinguishing the truly peaceful protestors and the violent mob.
(edited 3 years ago)
Lmao.

Stop peddling the lies about 'Trump's Secret Police' - they are wearing visible badges and unit identification numbers literally on their uniforms

Watch this video from 1:49 if you don't believe me. If you can't be bothered, I'm sorry but this discussion can't continue.

Also, what about this, found by the Portland Police Department in Downtown park

What could "peaceful" protestors possibly be doing with two Molotovs and 4 magazines?

You need to start distinguishing the truly peaceful protestors and the violent mob.

Complains about peddling lies, then peddles lies :lol:

Why are they covered in wet red paint? Who are the only people on the streets of Portland pictured carrying assault rifles?

Is it these guys?

Reply 26
Complains about peddling lies, then peddles lies :lol:

Why are they covered in wet red paint? Who are the only people on the streets of Portland pictured carrying assault rifles?

Is it these guys?

So you think these Feds covered themselves in red paint on purpose?!

You can LITERALLY see their badges on almost every agent.
So you think these Feds covered themselves in red paint on purpose?!

You can LITERALLY see their badges on almost every agent.

No, I think the police are telling porkies.

Police lie too.
Reply 28
No, I think the police are telling porkies.

Police lie too.

Why are they covered in red paint, and are you implying they've put in on themselves to cover their badges?

Of course police lie, humans all lie, but what has that got to do with the photos you've linked?
Please be respectful of other users when posting on TSR. Thank you.
Why are they covered in red paint, and are you implying they've put in on themselves to cover their badges?

Of course police lie, humans all lie, but what has that got to do with the photos you've linked?

No, the police covered in red paint while holding assault rifles and the police "discovering" assault rifle magazines covered in red paint is no coincidence.
They took pictures of their own mags and claimed they belonged to protestors.

Why would someone hide mags if they have to carry an assault rifle which can't be concealed?
Reply 31
No, the police covered in red paint while holding assault rifles and the police "discovering" assault rifle magazines covered in red paint is no coincidence.
They took pictures of their own mags and claimed they belonged to protestors.

Why would someone hide mags if they have to carry an assault rifle which can't be concealed?

OK, you must be right. I'm out.
I'm guessing nothing offends real soldiers more than fake wannabees.

What's really bizarre is just how much military weaponry has been doled out to 'policing' services in the US. It has to stop.

Hence why you've seen the "Wall of Vets" stand up to them.

Legacy of the the DoD being able to buy pretty much anything it needs thanks to its budget, but there being no war. Got to create an equipment shortage somehow, that way the Army can keep buying new kit.
Reply 33
I'm guessing nothing offends real soldiers more than fake wannabees.

Original post by Drewski
Hence why you've seen the "Wall of Vets" stand up to them.

The image of a navy vet holding his ground against these cosplay troopers is quite striking.

[video="youtube;LGAbSuYI5Is"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAbSuYI5Is[/video]

"There was this little guy on my left who decided he was going to try to chop me down like a redwood tree." :laugh:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/navy-vet-christopher-david-speaks-on-portland-protests/#x
Original post by Ascend
The image of a navy vet holding his ground against these cosplay troopers is quite striking.

[video="youtube;LGAbSuYI5Is"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAbSuYI5Is[/video]

"There was this little guy on my left who decided he was going to try to chop me down like a redwood tree." :laugh:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/navy-vet-christopher-david-speaks-on-portland-protests/#x

He didn't look too worried did he. They are basically *******s, to use a very male American expression. :teehee:
Reply 35
He didn't look too worried did he. They are basically *******s, to use a very male American expression. :teehee:

All Trump wanted was some election footage and, well, unfortunately for him he got it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending