The Student Room Group

Who else.. Has went back to the gym and tried to train like pre lockdown

I'm dying....

Literally.... But I'm so happy to be properly sore again at the same time. Its weird. I took today off, after two days... Tmrw I'm ripping myself apart again.

It's brilliant.
I was sore for about as long as my first time at the gym.
Yep that makes sense as opposed to being sensible and not injuring yourself. I normally do a reduced workout to find where by body is at and then slowly increase each time. Injuries tend to have more serious drawbacks.
Original post by gabostrk
I was sore for about as long as my first time at the gym.

Yeah it's pretty silly tbh lmao.....

The first day didn't hit me but the second session in a row... I think i went more full speed lmao 😂.

I've suffered through today but I'll get it again tmrw.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Yeah it's pretty silly tbh lmao.....

The first day didn't hit me but the second session in a row... I think i went more full speed lmao 😂.

I've suffered through today but I'll get it again tmrw.

It's a good sign to be sore, as it shows you that you're on the right track :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
Yep that makes sense as opposed to being sensible and not injuring yourself. I normally do a reduced workout to find where by body is at and then slowly increase each time. Injuries tend to have more serious drawbacks.

Oh no I'm not injured it's just DOMS... But since i train hard....I'm gonna have to re-rip the muscle fibers anyways. 😂 I'm a hobby body builder 😂.
Reply 6
Oh no I'm not injured it's just DOMS... But since i train hard....I'm gonna have to re-rip the muscle fibers anyways. 😂 I'm a hobby body builder 😂.

Last month I worked out my arms for the first time in 6 mths...

strength was down over 40% [i had lost weight also]

And I got doms so bad in my arms, that i could not fully straighten my arms for about a week afterwards. no matter how hard i tried.....

the furthest it could go to was some kind of obtuse angle.
Doms is weird when you get it again.

I still think gyms are very unhealthy places at the moment due to the recirculated air and the amount you inhale and exhale during exertion.
Original post by 999tigger
Doms is weird when you get it again.

I still think gyms are very unhealthy places at the moment due to the recirculated air and the amount you inhale and exhale during exertion.

Probably true, but luckily that information campaign has worked so well... Literally no one is there 😂. Except the people who need/want to be.
Original post by ANM775
Last month I worked out my arms for the first time in 6 mths...

strength was down over 40% [i had lost weight also]

And I got doms so bad in my arms, that i could not fully straighten my arms for about a week afterwards. no matter how hard i tried.....

the furthest it could go to was some kind of obtuse angle.

Yeah I'm benching 80 kg right now... And it's a struggle.... Four months ago that was the warm up.... 😂

To solve it you actually have to force yourself to do light excercise... For regeneration. 😂
Reply 10
Same with my running oml 😭
I'm dying....

Literally.... But I'm so happy to be properly sore again at the same time. Its weird. I took today off, after two days... Tmrw I'm ripping myself apart again.

It's brilliant.

Haven't been able to go back yet, as I've been terribly busy with work... although I'm expecting it to be "Start of January" levels of people there (please tell me if I'm wrong / mistaken).

Besides, I bought my own bench and set of free-weights (at an extortionate price, i may add), so I was probably in a better position than most during lock-down. so I don't mind waiting another week or two if it's really busy

He's also a poet and he doesn't know it :wink:

Go hard or go home!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Haven't been able to go back yet, as I've been terribly busy with work... although I'm expecting it to be "Start of January" levels of people there (please tell me if I'm wrong / mistaken).

Besides, I bought my own bench and set of free-weights (at an extortionate price, i may add), so I was probably in a better position than most during lock-down. so I don't mind waiting another week or two if it's really busy

He's also a poet and he doesn't know it :wink:

Go hard or go home!

I avoided the big gyms and went to one that's actually a hardcore gym and it's pretty quiet...there hasn't been a crowd yet in the three times I've went. They have this one rule that pissed alot of their members off, training is limited to one hour...which to me is totally fine. But alot of people said they would go elsewhere in my area (Nottingham). Don't know if it would be different in a more densely populated city centre. As Notts is pretty sleepy without students here. 70K people missing you do notice.

Sorry that was a long ramble for haven't had that issue yet 😂.

Hahaha, no i was just trying to emphasise the reality...of it being a hobby 😂, not to give you guys the wrong mental image 😂.
Yeah I'm benching 80 kg right now... And it's a struggle.... Four months ago that was the warm up.... 😂

To solve it you actually have to force yourself to do light excercise... For regeneration. 😂

I know your pain man! I was incline benching 95kg several months ago and was so close to reaching my goal of breaking the 100kg mark but all that progress is gone. I haven't been to the gym yet post lockdown but I'll go later today for the first time since March :biggrin:
Original post by trapking
I know your pain man! I was incline benching 95kg several months ago and was so close to reaching my goal of breaking the 100kg mark but all that progress is gone. I haven't been to the gym yet post lockdown but I'll go later today for the first time since March :biggrin:

It's odd but good to be back! Really the only thing i suffered through... 😂 Even though i understood why... And fully supported lockdown....the gov opening pubs first pissed me off! 😂. Still feel like i lost an extra 1.5 months my friends (on the continent) didnt! 👏
I avoided the big gyms and went to one that's actually a hardcore gym and it's pretty quiet...there hasn't been a crowd yet in the three times I've went. They have this one rule that pissed alot of their members off, training is limited to one hour...which to me is totally fine. But alot of people said they would go elsewhere in my area (Nottingham). Don't know if it would be different in a more densely populated city centre. As Notts is pretty sleepy without students here. 70K people missing you do notice.

Sorry that was a long ramble for haven't had that issue yet 😂.

Hahaha, no i was just trying to emphasise the reality...of it being a hobby 😂, not to give you guys the wrong mental image 😂.

I;m a bit of a 'brand boy', so I use DW Fitness First and Pure Gym... and yes, I know Nottingham pretty well. In fact, I sometimes visit that DW FF gym on on a shopping estate towards outskirts of the city (SE). If you think Nottingham's bad, take a trip to Loughborough... it's practically a ghost town in the summer (between mid-July and Sept when resits start). I'm in London now, so what you're describing is pretty academic.

I don't mind if there are time limits (although I can't see how they'd police that in larger gyms)... just means planning workouts a bit better. Besides, I can't use the sauna / steam room post workout yet, so at least i don't have that distraction.

Quick Reply

Latest