The Student Room Group

PERIODS!!!

Periods
AHHHH! I find these a nightmare.
Only just started, but I need to place in a tampon.
I can’t seem to do it as I cannot find the vagina opening.
Can I have any advise.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You have 3 holes down there, one is your anus, another is you urethra (the hole where you wee out of). There is one in the middle, that is your vaginal opening. The vagina is where u put the tampon. This opening is not covered by any skin so it should be quite easy to find. I hope this helps, if not then try and find pictures of where you insert it. :smile:
Original post by J3nn95
You have 3 holes down there, one is your anus, another is you urethra (the hole where you wee out of). There is one in the middle, that is your vaginal opening. The vagina is where u put the tampon. This opening is not covered by any skin so it should be quite easy to find. I hope this helps, if not then try and find pictures of where you insert it. :smile:

Thanks so much
I hate talking about it and plucked up all my courage to ask

I will follow your advise/advice (how ever you spell it)
Thank you again!
Yes there are three holes at the top, u should feel your clit then if u go down a bit more the second hole is where u insert it, if u really can’t feel it, use your phone camera facing u or a mirror so u can get used to your own body, then a bit behind it is the last hole which is obviously your anus I hope this helped.
Can trans have periods
Original post by Anonymous
Can trans have periods

I don’t know - why do you ask???
Maybe try google

Sorry I was no help! :u:
Yes there are three holes at the top, u should feel your clit then if u go down a bit more the second hole is where u insert it, if u really can’t feel it, use your phone camera facing u or a mirror so u can get used to your own body, then a bit behind it is the last hole which is obviously your anus I hope this helped.

Yes I will try this
I never thought of using a mirror ( or such )
Thank you 😊
Original post by Thebigworld
I don’t know - why do you ask???
Maybe try google

Sorry I was no help! :u:

just curious
just curious

I guess they could as you do something with a mans’ DNA 🧬
though honestly I’ve not a clue
I guess they could as you do something with a mans’ DNA 🧬
though honestly I’ve not a clue

ah never mind
Can messages keep coming

I need all the help I can get

Mum and dad died when I was you so am doing this on my own. :frown:

:smile::smile::smile:
I also struggled for quite a while with putting a tampon in and finding the vaginal opening, so you're not alone!

If you're struggling to get the tampon in, try inserting your finger instead (obviously wash it thoroughly before and after). Relax as much as you can as this will make it so much easier, and "bear down" a little bit if you need to (Imagine you wanted to try and hold your period blood in, and then try to do the opposite as if you wanted to get it out as fast as possible). If necessary, try in the shower (idk, maybe the running water will relax you more?).

As other people have said, using a mirror is useful as well

Hope this helps!
hey there! this really helped me back then —> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wikihow.com/Insert-a-Tampon-for-the-First-Time%3famp=1

I really recommend using a tampon w applicator —it’s a lot easier to insert— and remember not to leave it in for more than 6 hours. also, be patient. it took me various tries to find my vaginal opening, and many more to actually insert the tampon. u need to be relaxed and find the position which most suits you. also, u might want to use extra lubricant (grab some lube), altho the blood itself should be enough. good luck!💛
I also struggled for quite a while with putting a tampon in and finding the vaginal opening, so you're not alone!

If you're struggling to get the tampon in, try inserting your finger instead (obviously wash it thoroughly before and after). Relax as much as you can as this will make it so much easier, and "bear down" a little bit if you need to (Imagine you wanted to try and hold your period blood in, and then try to do the opposite as if you wanted to get it out as fast as possible). If necessary, try in the shower (idk, maybe the running water will relax you more?).

As other people have said, using a mirror is useful as well

Hope this helps!

Good to know I’m not alone.

I try and relax as much as I can.
I followed your advice and used finger this time thoroughly wash my hands before and after.
To be plain…. I still couldn’t do it
I think I was close it just really hurt

Do you think I should tell my carer- though this would be embarrassing
I wish my mum was here to help
I do miss her a lot, but I guess other people worked it out themselves

Has anyone any more advice?
All would be grateful :smile:
Original post by twinklelittlstar
hey there! this really helped me back then —> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wikihow.com/Insert-a-Tampon-for-the-First-Time%3famp=1

I really recommend using a tampon w applicator —it’s a lot easier to insert— and remember not to leave it in for more than 6 hours. also, be patient. it took me various tries to find my vaginal opening, and many more to actually insert the tampon. u need to be relaxed and find the position which most suits you. also, u might want to use extra lubricant (grab some lube), altho the blood itself should be enough. good luck!💛

Thank you for the link - I will look through that. 😃
Sorry I’m back

Got another question
When trying to find the vaginal hole, is it supposed to REALLY hurt?

Also posted onto new chat.
Sorry I’m back

Got another question
When trying to find the vaginal hole, is it supposed to REALLY hurt?

Also posted onto new chat.

it can feel uncomfortable, and even hurt, if you’re not relaxed. chill and breathe. u can’t get anything up there if you’re tense. also, make sure the area is lubricated (with blood or if not, look up other lubricant options online), and use a tampon of the right size according to ur flow. if you’ve followed these steps and it still really really hurts, don’t force it. leave it and give it a try another time. u may feel very frustrated, but I promise you’ll get there. be patient and, above all, relax!
I find tampons horrible, why don’t you try pads?
I find tampons horrible, why don’t you try pads?

Was just about to post this, pads are way more comfortable and less dangerous (no toxic shock syndrome)
Was just about to post this, pads are way more comfortable and less dangerous (no toxic shock syndrome)

*only time you should need tampons is when you go swimming

Quick Reply

Latest