man utd

2-0 loss to burnley
2-0 win vs man city
Reply 2
Original post by cloud_9_
man utd

2-0 loss to burnley
2-0 win vs man city

How about 1-0 loss to Newcastle? The winning goal was scored by a player on his debut, and you dropped to 12th.
Barnet are still in the National League play offs (at Notts County on Saturday) so the best could yet be to come.
Best: Liverpool won the league and beated the curse.
Worst: Manchester City did not win the league.
Best: McTominay goal vs City. :biggrin:

Worst: Oh there have been so many ... Palace at home stands out. We missed a penalty, went behind, equalised in the 90th minute and then De Gea made a boo boo straight away and we lost 2-1 in stoppage time. Plus it was about 1000 degrees in the upper tiers and everyone was melting and cranky as all hell :laugh:

Best may still be yet to come next month in Germany though if we bring the Europa league trophy home with us
Forest
Best: Beating Fulham, Stoke, Leeds, Blackburn, Derby, Swansea
Worst: I'm going to have sleepless nights for the rest of my life with the Stoke game last week
Best: Every moment in a season that Liverpool dominated the league
Worst: game at Anfield being played against Atletico when it should have been called off due to the pandemic situation (not even the result)
Original post by Zerforax
Best: Every moment in a season that Liverpool dominated the league
Worst: game at Anfield being played against Atletico when it should have been called off due to the pandemic situation (not even the result)

I was amazed that game went ahead when Madrid was a huge virus hotspot at that point. UEFA announced the day before City vs Real the following week was postponed. I think the argument was that a lot of Athletico fans had already travelled so there was no point cancelling it ... but there were 1000 United fans in Austria when they moved LASK behind closed doors with 24 hours notice

UEFA are just stupid sometimes!
Original post by IanDangerously
I was amazed that game went ahead when Madrid was a huge virus hotspot at that point. UEFA announced the day before City vs Real the following week was postponed. I think the argument was that a lot of Athletico fans had already travelled so there was no point cancelling it ... but there were 1000 United fans in Austria when they moved LASK behind closed doors with 24 hours notice

UEFA are just stupid sometimes!

Well in Spain the games had already been suspended so it's crazy that Atletico couldn't play at home/league games whereas they could in the UK.

I blame the UK government tbh.
Original post by Zerforax
Well in Spain the games had already been suspended so it's crazy that Atletico couldn't play at home/league games whereas they could in the UK.

I blame the UK government tbh.

Wasn’t the Premier League suspended as well? The final round was played the weekend before those last European fixtures.

If Arteta hadn’t tested positive there would’ve defo been games that weekend though because we’re an insane country :frown:
Original post by IanDangerously
Wasn’t the Premier League suspended as well? The final round was played the weekend before those last European fixtures.

If Arteta hadn’t tested positive there would’ve defo been games that weekend though because we’re an insane country :frown:

No the league hadn't been postponed at that point. They had just played the weekend before and then it transpired that Arsenal players/Arteta had close contact with the Olympiakos owner (who then tested positive) so they postponed the Arsenal/Man City game for the mid-week game. The Government/PL then later decided to suspend the league games.

Even then, the madness was that Spain had suspended their league due to the pandemic situation/high number of cases in Spain. So they should have barred Atletico coming to England to play too!

Quick Reply

Latest