The Student Room Group

Mothers defending their city against Trump thugs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Definitely.

Another term they're fond of using and misappropriating is ”human rights”.

This is why I like the Babylon Bee.

Theyve had some splendid articles recently havent they :tongue:
To those of us who believe in limited government, this is the start of the nightmare we've worried about.

To the populist right, this is the authoritarian wet dream they've craved.
Original post by Kitten in boots
To those of us who believe in limited government, this is the start of the nightmare we've worried about.

To the populist right, this is the authoritarian wet dream they've craved.

Wtf are you on about?

Please tell me why it’s authoritarian to send federal troops to defend federal buildings from constant attacks by a bunch of anarchists?

Are you really that ignorant?
Reply 64

Classic :rofl: to be frank, i could think of worse solutions to the issue. It would make for a great case study later on as to why 'getting what you wish for' tends to end in tears. Maoist utopias tending to lose their shine when viewed upfront.
Four federal 'law enforcement' thugs attacking a 14-yr old girl on the ground in Eugene OR.
https://twitter.com/pcbrynn/status/1287745837393641473
Reply 67
So all the videos of these protesters burning down federal buildings, throwing fireworks and other blinding officers with powerful lasers is all l CGI propaganda by Trump? :confused:

Federal agents are well in their right to go to any city and defend it from far-leftists destroying everything. Democrats are incapable of governing their own cities which is why people flee them to Red States.

Look at the wonderful job militant anti-Trumper Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is doing.

democrats.jpg

Black lives matter.. they're dropping like flies because of crime and disorder.

The city of Minneapolis (where George Floyd died) has seen more shooting victims so far this year than it did in the entirety of 2019.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by Cegie
So all the videos of these protesters burning down federal buildings, throwing fireworks and other blinding officers with powerful lasers is all l CGI propaganda by Trump? :confused:

Firework < tank...

Federal agents are well in their right to go to any city and defend it from far-leftists destroying everything. Democrats are incapable of governing their own cities which is why people flee them to Red States.

You know the far right are at it as well right...?
Reply 69
gprtleger.jpgviol.jpg
Above fireworks with nails imbued. Lucky it didn't go off.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Four federal 'law enforcement' thugs attacking a 14-yr old girl on the ground in Eugene OR.

Absolutely horrible, and I mean that.

They aren't feds though, they're regular police officers.
Reply 71
"Trump and his allies are working to create their own Reichstag moment" by provoking protesters in Portland.

In Portland, the Baby Fascists Have Shown Their Face

Republics do not usually collapse because one day one man declares a revolution. They collapse because men inside the regime look for loopholes in the law—as can be seen very clearly in the formation of these deployment groups—and then seek to expand the loopholes until the law itself has no meaning. A crisis is found and expanded until the leader (which is all the word Führer means) can claim that a state of emergency is necessary. Friendly lawyers and judges find some provision of some law that seems to justify this, making the idea of law itself all the less credible. The men who have already learned by running the camps that exception is now the rule thrive as agents of chaos. Elections are of course held, as they were in Nazi Germany, but with the violent men in the mismatched uniforms standing by. The outcome is known in advance.

If you burn down a young offenders' centre then don't be surprised if the government which owns that centre comes after you.

I don't see anything wrong in this video. She's breaking the law and resisting arrest. Their response is justified. Wouldn't you agree?
(edited 3 years ago)

Peaceful indeed...and this by the way is nothing. There are thousands of videos online showing things far, far, far worse than this...The biggest problem that people are facing with these videos is that the large majority of them are being removed by websites, hiding the evidence. Since the beginning of these protests, YouTube and Twitter have been banning anyone and everyone left of Lenin off their platforms, this in huge waves. These websites are clearly involved in promoting the protests. They are doing their bit. Interestingly, in the past few months, a number of large uncensored video sharing websites have began springing up all over the internet in an apparent effort to combat the censorship. Some of the stuff that people upload on these websites are...mind blowing...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
I don't see anything wrong in this video. She's breaking the law and resisting arrest. Their response is justified. Wouldn't you agree?

Something really quite creepy about that viewpoint. I need to reach for my skin rash cream.
Reply 77
Original post by Ascend
"Trump and his allies are working to create their own Reichstag moment" by provoking protesters in Portland.

In Portland, the Baby Fascists Have Shown Their Face

Ah i do miss being able to read FP, my subscription ran out :frown:

Out of interest did you read the Economist article on Trumps politiking through sending in the shock troops in Portland?
They made an interesting, and convincing case, for the relatively limited incursions (or at least that its unlikely he'll ramp up the violence much more, laws of diminishing returns and that).
Original post by Napp
Ah i do miss being able to read FP, my subscription ran out :frown:

Out of interest did you read the Economist article on Trumps politiking through sending in the shock troops in Portland?
They made an interesting, and convincing case, for the relatively limited incursions (or at least that its unlikely he'll ramp up the violence much more, laws of diminishing returns and that).

The Economist is the sort of magazine that during WW2 would have demanded we at least grant Hitler some credit for expanding the production of noxious gasses and creating a valuable market in powdered bricks and concrete.
Reply 79
The Economist is the sort of magazine that during WW2 would have demanded we at least grant Hitler some credit for expanding the production of noxious gasses and creating a valuable market in powdered bricks and concrete.

Did you just call the Economist a nazi sympathising magazine..?

Quick Reply

Latest