The Student Room Group

Does eating only one big (unhealthy) meal a day make you lose weight

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StriderHort
In this case, No, They will eat more and be in surplus, it's a ultra crap way to diet and they won't have the will power to maintain it.

Then you are correct (assuming they are in a surplus).
Original post by Hannah0505
Im 65kg at 5'6. idk tbh. I just want to stay fit

well 65 kg is 143 pounds. n your 5'6 (lol me too). lemme check. n the 'ideal weight' for a 5'6 female is anywhere from 117-143 pounds. so your right there at 24.9 bmi. 25 bmi n up is considered overweight/obese.
you should see a nutrionist. the kind of things youre saying makes me think youre anorexic.

you shouldnt eat 1 meal a day you will be depriving your body of nutrients
Original post by gtty123
Then you are correct (assuming they are in a surplus).

Thanks, but I didn't really need validation or explanation of any terms :wink:
WOW. are you ok? why are you so underweight?
Original post by chloeebrown09
well 65 kg is 143 pounds. n your 5'6 (lol me too). lemme check. n the 'ideal weight' for a 5'6 female is anywhere from 117-143 pounds. so your right there at 24.9 bmi. 25 bmi n up is considered overweight/obese.

Thanks for the info. And tbh ive never seen anyone the same height as me in tsr lol
Original post by Gent2324
you should see a nutrionist. the kind of things youre saying makes me think youre anorexic.

you shouldnt eat 1 meal a day you will be depriving your body of nutrients

What if its a big meal? like really big???
Thanks for the info. And tbh ive never seen anyone the same height as me in tsr lol

i know right ? i feel like every girl on TSR is like 5'4 n below :lol:
It isnt that easy sis

do you not know how digestion works? thats like saying you should eat 1 gigantic meal every week
Original post by chloeebrown09
i know right ? i feel like every girl on TSR is like 5'4 n below :lol:

Exactly! and then girls who are tall are like 5'10 and taller

Why can't you do smaller meals at regular intervals that give you the right amount of energy you need to function in a day? I don't understand why you're so focussed on this. Please speak to someone. Trust me, you don't want to go any further down this route.
No.

If you start an unhealthy relationship with food now it is something that can have serious ramifications on your physical and mental health.

Don't start the habit because once it starts it can be very difficult to stop.
Original post by StriderHort
Thanks, but I didn't really need validation or explanation of any terms :wink:

If that was the case, you would've noticed that the probability of OP gaining weight from one meal (assuming it was a 'normal' proportion) would've been slim :tongue:.
I know i call everyone sis
Original post by Pathway
Why can't you do smaller meals at regular intervals that give you the right amount of energy you need to function in a day? I don't understand why you're so focussed on this. Please speak to someone. Trust me, you don't want to go any further down this route.

It isnt that easy
Original post by gtty123
If that was the case, you would've noticed that the probability of OP gaining weight from one meal (assuming it was a 'normal' proportion) would've been slim :tongue:.

I should clarify, I'm taking it as a given they would eat 1 huge crap meal...then a variety of other things.
It isnt that easy

Getting out of an eating disorder isn't easy either, speaking as someone who has had one for 20 ish years. It really is not worth ruining your physical health and mental health over either. You are unhealthily obsessed with this, your behaviours and what you speak about are very concerning. Speak to someone who can guide you, very good first port of call is your GP.
Original post by Pathway
Getting out of an eating disorder isn't easy either, speaking as someone who has had one for 20 ish years. It really is not worth ruining your physical health and mental health over either. You are unhealthily obsessed with this, your behaviours and what you speak about are very concerning. Speak to someone who can guide you, very good first port of call is your GP.

ill try calling my gp if i can
It isnt that easy sis

It isnt that easy

You clearly already have an unhealthy relationship with food. Eating 3 meals a day is standard. It should be the easiest thing to do if you've got the money.
You need to go to a GP, ask for a referral to a mental health service, eating disorder specific if possible but definitely mention your issues with food because some eating disorders can kill you and you need to get help early on to reduce the risk and increase your chances of being able to change your behaviours.

Quick Reply

Latest