The Student Room Group

Stockings or tights

Stockings or tights what do you like or prefer to wear and why?

Scroll to see replies

I only wear stockings, i find them much more hygienic, and feminine, and easier to wear.
Personally would never wear tights.
Original post by Lyndsey.95

I wear neither.
Original post by Lyndsey.95

What do you prefer to wear? Xx
stockings go like thigh high?
just gunna ask if people would recommend them!!
tights are such a pain!
Original post by bambi1425
stockings go like thigh high?
just gunna ask if people would recommend them!!
tights are such a pain!

I would definitely recommend them, dont ever wear anything else. Xx
Reply 6
Depends what I’m wearing and the occasion. I don’t mind either.
(edited 3 years ago)
stockings - tights are so uncomfortable :s-smilie:
Original post by Bexjw
Depends what I’m wearing and the occasion. I don’t mind either.

Do you have a preference? Xx
Neither
Aight,after @Karisa96 made the thread about suspenders,I actually went out of my way to buy some stockings and suspenders lmao.
And omg they’re actually so much better than tights :redface:
I feel a lot more confident in them and they don’t make my thighs feel ‘hot and bothered’ I guess you could say, throughout the day which is a plus!
Original post by Rose_symonia
Aight,after @Karisa96 made the thread about suspenders,I actually went out of my way to buy some stockings and suspenders lmao.
And omg they’re actually so much better than tights :redface:
I feel a lot more confident in them and they don’t make my thighs feel ‘hot and bothered’ I guess you could say, throughout the day which is a plus!

Omg Rose, are you being serious, never know with you lol. Xx
Original post by Karisa96
Omg Rose, are you being serious, never know with you lol. Xx

Lmao,yesss I am :d
It’s nice trying new things out,especially when those new things actually somehow make your everyday life that much better,you know? Xx
Wow I’m dramatic😅
Original post by rxyaltyx
stockings - tights are so uncomfortable :s-smilie:

I've always hated tights as well & I haven't worn them since I was about 12. My most common go to look is a skirt with bare legs but I'll wear stockings now & again.
Original post by Alesha1991
I've always hated tights as well & I haven't worn them since I was about 12. My most common go to look is a skirt with bare legs but I'll wear stockings now & again.

you go bare legged when it's cold?
Original post by rxyaltyx
you go bare legged when it's cold?

A lot of the time yes. I'm used to it so if the rest of my body's well covered & I'm wearing knee or calf length boots then feeling the cold against my legs is really no different to feeling it against my hands or face. I've had comments from friends asking how I can stand to have bare legs in cold weather so people who don't know me & see me dressed like that must think I'm insane.:biggrin:
Original post by Rose_symonia
Lmao,yesss I am :d
It’s nice trying new things out,especially when those new things actually somehow make your everyday life that much better,you know? Xx
Wow I’m dramatic😅

Are you going to be an actress when you leave school lol. Xx

Thats my hard-core girlie lol. Xx
A lot of the time yes. I'm used to it so if the rest of my body's well covered & I'm wearing knee or calf length boots then feeling the cold against my legs is really no different to feeling it against my hands or face. I've had comments from friends asking how I can stand to have bare legs in cold weather so people who don't know me & see me dressed like that must think I'm insane.:biggrin:

lucky you - i like going bare legged - it's so much more comfortable.
i get so cold even with tights/stockings :biggrin:
Original post by Karisa96
Are you going to be an actress when you leave school lol. Xx

Funnily enough,I take drama for GCSE’s,so you know being dramatic is put right into my blood!!
I also cried once because erm...I dropped chocolate😟
Not my most proud moment lol.

Quick Reply

Latest