The Student Room Group

How to change student finance to another uni and course?

Hi all, I was initially with another uni and course, 2 year course (foundation), and applied for just tuition fees last year. I completed one year 19/20, and no longer wish to study there and wish to apply for somewhere else. I secured a place with another uni, different course and is full time (3 year course). Therefore, I'll need to apply for additional support. When I tried to change the course online, before submitting, it's asking me to submit changes for the full two years. So, I guessed I shouldn't change anything. Do I need to reapply? How do I make the changes online, and will I be given the option to apply for maintenance too, please? Hope that makes sense.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Wray-Richardson
Hi all, I was initially with another uni and course, 2 year course (foundation), and applied for just tuition fees last year. I completed one year 19/20, and no longer wish to study there and wish to apply for somewhere else. I secured a place with another uni, different course and is full time (3 year course). Therefore, I'll need to apply for additional support. When I tried to change the course online, before submitting, it's asking me to submit changes for the full two years. So, I guessed I shouldn't change anything. Do I need to reapply? How do I make the changes online, and will I be given the option to apply for maintenance too, please? Hope that makes

Would need some details - I reckon you should apply this to the ask student finance England thread. You need to include if it was a part time course at your original uni? Does that uni class you as withdrawn? This will affect how you apply, whether you can apply as a returner (may have to submit a change of circumstances form if it wont allow the changes online). If you withdrew you need to apply as a new student, if it wont allow you to do the new student form online (would ask for Id details etc) you'd need to find the PN1 form from Gov.uk/student-finance-forms and post it.
Original post by NeroliTenzing
Would need some details - I reckon you should apply this to the ask student finance England thread. You need to include if it was a part time course at your original uni? Does that uni class you as withdrawn? This will affect how you apply, whether you can apply as a returner (may have to submit a change of circumstances form if it wont allow the changes online). If you withdrew you need to apply as a new student, if it wont allow you to do the new student form online (would ask for Id details etc) you'd need to find the PN1 form from Gov.uk/student-finance-forms and post it.

Thank you. I'd be classed as withdrawn, although it was a full time course, it was taught once a week in the evening. Thus, I was able to work full time too.

I was taught in East riding college. However,
login details, canvas and portal were all from the uni I'm going to this coming September. Could I use the same student number/ ID?
Original post by Wray-Richardson
Thank you. I'd be classed as withdrawn, although it was a full time course, it was taught once a week in the evening. Thus, I was able to work full time too.

I was taught in East riding college. However,
login details, canvas and portal were all from the uni I'm going to this coming September. Could I use the same student number/ ID?

Ok, I'd check on your SFE account the uni has put you as withdrawn first.
In the application you were making, if it didn't ask about ID it'll be a returning student app and that wont get you anywhere.
See if it'll let you cancel it from your online account, if not it should give you the option to print the CO1 change form instead. send the co1 to request a cancellation with the PN1 (new student form) in the post. You could include a cover letter to clarify the situation. Btw, if Change form doesn't download, just use the cover letter with your customer number, signed dated dd/mm/yyyy.
Pn1 is at gov.uk/student-finance-forms. Be careful if you're just googling for it, it may show up the options for SFW, SFNI or Scotland.
You use the same customer number from SFE as it has to be linked when repaying the loans. They wont ask about uni ID just the uni name and course code. Hope that makes sense!
Original post by NeroliTenzing
Ok, I'd check on your SFE account the uni has put you as withdrawn first.
In the application you were making, if it didn't ask about ID it'll be a returning student app and that wont get you anywhere.
See if it'll let you cancel it from your online account, if not it should give you the option to print the CO1 change form instead. send the co1 to request a cancellation with the PN1 (new student form) in the post. You could include a cover letter to clarify the situation. Btw, if Change form doesn't download, just use the cover letter with your customer number, signed dated dd/mm/yyyy.
Pn1 is at gov.uk/student-finance-forms. Be careful if you're just googling for it, it may show up the options for SFW, SFNI or Scotland.
You use the same customer number from SFE as it has to be linked when repaying the loans. They wont ask about uni ID just the uni name and course code. Hope that makes sense!

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending