The Student Room Group

How should I revise to make sure that I get through all my content?

Hi guys, I'm a sixth form student who has just finished year 12 and I'm revising all my AS content to make sure I'm ready for September. I'm not sure whether my revision technique is wrong but for some reason it takes me the whole day to go through a simple topic for one subject. For example: today I was hoping to revise 2 topics from my A -Level Chemistry textbook, but I only got round to doing one of them and it's a really short topic! I'm scared that I'm not going to be able to cover all the topics in time for September as I'm trying to cover one subject topic per day. Could anyone give me any advice on what to do to revise well or has anyone created a good revision timetable that they wouldn't mind sharing?

I would appreciate any help!
What method are you currently using to revise?
It’s better to use a day on a topic and completely understand it rather than rushing through multiple topics in a day and not understanding it completely
Original post by Dexter345
What method are you currently using to revise?
It’s better to use a day on a topic and completely understand it rather than rushing through multiple topics in a day and not understanding it completely

A mixture of active recall, reading over my notes, doing practise questions, marking them and looking at my corrections. At the end I use blurting to see what I've been able to retain
Original post by pineapple201
Hi guys, I'm a sixth form student who has just finished year 12 and I'm revising all my AS content to make sure I'm ready for September. I'm not sure whether my revision technique is wrong but for some reason it takes me the whole day to go through a simple topic for one subject. For example: today I was hoping to revise 2 topics from my A -Level Chemistry textbook, but I only got round to doing one of them and it's a really short topic! I'm scared that I'm not going to be able to cover all the topics in time for September as I'm trying to cover one subject topic per day. Could anyone give me any advice on what to do to revise well or has anyone created a good revision timetable that they wouldn't mind sharing?

I would appreciate any help!

I'm also in the same boat as you!

What I am doing is only revising the topics I know I am weak at.
I have a checklist on my blog that I am following. It's called Summer Revision. You might need to go back a few pages to find it. :laugh:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6567964
A mixture of active recall, reading over my notes, doing practise questions, marking them and looking at my corrections. At the end I use blurting to see what I've been able to retain

That seems to be pretty good, I’d stick with it if it’s working for you, you’ve got plenty of time
Original post by Dexter345
That seems to be pretty good, I’d stick with it if it’s working for you, you’ve got plenty of time

The thing is I’m taking a-Level sciences and I find Chemistry really hard. What if I don’t finish the specification in time for my mock which is in the first week of September?
The thing is I’m taking a-Level sciences and I find Chemistry really hard. What if I don’t finish the specification in time for my mock which is in the first week of September?

You’ve got a whole month, I reckon if you go at the pace you’re currently going at then you’ll be fine
it is quality over quantity. if you are really taking it in then it is more beneficial. i’ve just finished year 12 and i haven’t even started going over the content yet lmao. i have 0 motivation 😂
Thank you so much for the advice guys! It's been really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest