The Student Room Group

im just so fed up with my mum and me being rude at her

Hello, I'm just so bored and tired of complaining about my mum because I called her a liar and she was like no you can't call me that that is disrespectful and I expect you to show me respect. I was just being brutally honest with her and it's not like I give her disrespect or anything, but Its because I'm just too old (I'm 21 btw) and I'm too embarrassed to feel guilty or anything. My mum is African but Somali so I know what's like when you raised with African parents and they torture you around in your 20s like you still a teenager. It was because I didn't know her old card psn store was there, but I got rid of it that's not the point. The point is that I just can't take it anymore when she's angry because I know I just go off at her, and it's not good but it's just how I feel about her all the time. Do you guys ever felt the same when you get to 20s, and your mum still demands you to respect her even though you respect and love your mum all the time but you swear out of agony and frustrations at her?
Control yourself?
I can do by going outside and screaming the hell out. Btw, I have walked out of the house many times wherever I get angry or I get panicky all the time
Original post by MohamedAdan
Hello, I'm just so bored and tired of complaining about my mum because I called her a liar and she was like no you can't call me that that is disrespectful and I expect you to show me respect. I was just being brutally honest with her and it's not like I give her disrespect or anything, but Its because I'm just too old (I'm 21 btw) and I'm too embarrassed to feel guilty or anything. My mum is African but Somali so I know what's like when you raised with African parents and they torture you around in your 20s like you still a teenager. It was because I didn't know her old card psn store was there, but I got rid of it that's not the point. The point is that I just can't take it anymore when she's angry because I know I just go off at her, and it's not good but it's just how I feel about her all the time. Do you guys ever felt the same when you get to 20s, and your mum still demands you to respect her even though you respect and love your mum all the time but you swear out of agony and frustrations at her?

Happens to me all the time same with me I forgot to remove my hoyoos credit card on ps4 and they took money and she got so angry so I just go outside and leave the house too cool down it’s not worth shouting at her because us Somalis are Muslim and you get sins

You think calling your mother a liar isn’t disrespectful?
I’m somali and the last time I got beaten was when I was 13 ive never heard of Somali parents beating there children that are above 18

Sounds like you’re a grown woman who should live elsewhere to me. Your mom is asking for respect and rather it seems annoying or too demanding to you, it’s still her house and she’s no longer obligated to keep you around. I come from a Caribbean background so I understand parents bugging you into your 20s about senseless things but it’s their house and you should respect it regardless. Nothing wrong with standing up for yourself but “going off” on her all the time is a no go.

Whenever you feel frustrated how about you say authobillahi minarshaytaani rajeem bismillahi rahmani raheem? I heard when you’re angry, shaytan makes you want to go even further such as screaming so learn to not say anything when you’re angry.

I’m somali too and the one thing I actually hate is when my mum screams for no reason, like she could be downstairs and I can hear her screaming (maybe it’s because she’s diabetic or what not) so everything she does I grot my teeth and recite Quran to calm down before I act on my emotions.
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever you feel frustrated how about you say authobillahi minarshaytaani rajeem bismillahi rahmani raheem? I heard when you’re angry, shaytan makes you want to go even further such as screaming so learn to not say anything when you’re angry.

I’m somali too and the one thing I actually hate is when my mum screams for no reason, like she could be downstairs and I can hear her screaming (maybe it’s because she’s diabetic or what not) so everything she does I grot my teeth and recite Quran to calm down before I act on my emotions.

Well yh but idk really. This is the thing, its like wherever she gets angry I want to move out whilst she is happy then I am happy to stay in London. Which one is it, I never know.
Grown man

Original post by Second_Beauty
Sounds like you’re a grown woman who should live elsewhere to me. Your mom is asking for respect and rather it seems annoying or too demanding to you, it’s still her house and she’s no longer obligated to keep you around. I come from a Caribbean background so I understand parents bugging you into your 20s about senseless things but it’s their house and you should respect it regardless. Nothing wrong with standing up for yourself but “going off” on her all the time is a no go.
Grown man

Apologies, grown man 😊
Original post by Second_Beauty
Apologies, grown man 😊

Yup

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending