The Student Room Group

Having 2 teeth pulled out tomorrow - any advice?

Should I stock up on softer foods and what should I definitely not eat?
Soup and rice are good but you should only need them for a couple of days. Ask if you can wear your headphones for the procedure, it doesn't really hurt but the noises are awful so its nice to drown them out.
Eat before you go. You won't want to eat for quite a while afterwards. Also, stock up on some painkillers. The bruising afterwards can be quite painful.
Reply 3
Original post by hannahgeo123
Soup and rice are good but you should only need them for a couple of days. Ask if you can wear your headphones for the procedure, it doesn't really hurt but the noises are awful so its nice to drown them out.

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:

Original post by Nautilus
Eat before you go. You won't want to eat for quite a while afterwards. Also, stock up on some painkillers. The bruising afterwards can be quite painful.

I will eat now then lol my appointment is at 2
buy a tub of ice cream lol
Original post by Ashley1026

4 month old thread...
Reply 6
Original post by Ashley1026

If your gums are numbed I personally do not recommend eating extremely cold foods. Thank you for your help! This was 4 months ago, so hopefully they are ok now! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Moonbow
If your gums are numbed I personally do not recommend eating extremely cold foods. Thank you for your help! This was 4 months ago, so hopefully they are ok now! :biggrin:

Yup, it went really well :biggrin: just waiting for my dentist to reopen for the other 2 now! Tbh all I had was soup on the night after it was done then I went straight back to normal food cos I was lucky and didn't really get any pain from it :smile:.
Original post by Anonymous
Yup, it went really well :biggrin: just waiting for my dentist to reopen for the other 2 now! Tbh all I had was soup on the night after it was done then I went straight back to normal food cos I was lucky and didn't really get any pain from it :smile:.

:thumbsup:
Ice lollies!!

Yay! I have had to have out baby teeth because they would not come out on their own...eek. I needed my adult teeth through for my brace, so now I have a slight lack of trust when I go to my appointments now (just kidding! They are lovely, even if she did ask for those teeth out :redface:). Did you have local or injections? It's great you didn't have any pain! :cute:
Ice lollies!!

Nooo I literally just said no to ice cream because it is too cold :lol:
Original post by Moonbow
Yay! I have had to have out baby teeth because they would not come out on their own...eek. I needed my adult teeth through for my brace, so now I have a slight lack of trust when I go to my appointments now (just kidding! They are lovely, even if she did ask for those teeth out :redface:). Did you have local or injections? It's great you didn't have any pain! :cute:

Yeah, I have to have 4 teeth out for braces, it's a bit of a pain but in the long run it will be good :smile:. I just had numbing cream and then 4 injections (each side of the tooth on the top and bottom). IKR, I'm hoping the same dentist can do the other 2 because he was so good that he got the first one out without me realising he'd started :lol: I honestly thought he was just poking around checking what to do and then the next minute he had a tooth in his hand 😂

The idea of a tooth being extracted sounds excruciating to me. Sounds like a mafia punishment.

They must’ve given you some powerful sedatives.
Original post by mnot
The idea of a tooth being extracted sounds excruciating to me. Sounds like a mafia punishment.

They must have! :lol: Honestly, in my opinion, the worst bit was the numbing wearing off - it made my mouth feel really achy and weird which I didn't like whatsoever.

I think I was very very lucky, I've heard that other people have had much worse experiences than me with teeth being pulled out.. I'm really hoping the other two are the same :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by mnot

I think the standard is a drug called 'midazolam' or some such which makes you rather dreamy. Almost a pity its not like in the US where they pump you full of hydrocodone :rofl: Codeine being a seriously *****y alternative!
They must have! :lol: Honestly, in my opinion, the worst bit was the numbing wearing off - it made my mouth feel really achy and weird which I didn't like whatsoever.

I think I was very very lucky, I've heard that other people have had much worse experiences than me with teeth being pulled out.. I'm really hoping the other two are the same :s-smilie:

I had that one having two wisdom teeth chopped out... when the lidocaine wore off i wanted to cry :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest