The Student Room Group

I was rejected but the reason does not apply to me.

Scroll to see replies

Someone on another thread had a similar thing and it was a mistake. That was a 2:2 minimum and they had a 1st and got rejected. They now have a place to mistakes do happen. Yours is obviously a closer call but still worth checking I think. Let us know.
Original post by Freckles5
Someone on another thread had a similar thing and it was a mistake. That was a 2:2 minimum and they had a 1st and got rejected. They now have a place to mistakes do happen. Yours is obviously a closer call but still worth checking I think. Let us know.

I have sent in a feedback request. I will let you know what happens.
Original post by Freckles5

They responded saying the modules that I have covered do not prepare me for the course. Idk.
Original post by throwaway2021
They responded saying the modules that I have covered do not prepare me for the course. Idk.

That seems like a valid reason for rejection tbh. It doesn't sound like they offer any modules that would make up for that as part of the masters degree either.

Have you applied anywhere else?
Original post by PhoenixFortune
That seems like a valid reason for rejection tbh. It doesn't sound like they offer any modules that would make up for that as part of the masters degree either.

Have you applied anywhere else?

The course's webpage does not mention what modules you would've needed to cover but also I believe my background fits perfectly with some of their modules. I talk about this in my personal statement.
Quantum mechanics 1 and 2 -> advanced quantum mechanics
Quantum information -> quantum field theory
Special relativity -> general relativity
Introduction to mathematical biology -> mathematical biology

I applied to Imperial who said that my course is full for 2020/21. I guess I can apply elsewhere but it would be a very late application.
(edited 3 years ago)
The course's webpage does not mention what modules you would've needed to cover but also I believe my background fits perfectly with some of their modules. I talk about this in my personal statement.
Quantum mechanics 1 and 2 -> advanced quantum mechanics
Quantum information -> quantum field theory
Special relativity -> general relativity
Introduction to mathematical biology -> mathematical biology

I applied to Imperial who said that my course is full for 2020/21. I guess I can apply elsewhere but it would be a very late application.

Did you submit a copy of your transcript with your application? If so, KCL will have already compared your modules to theirs to make their decision.
Did you submit a copy of your transcript with your application? If so, KCL will have already compared your modules to theirs to make their decision.

Yes, I did. Should I ask them what modules I am missing?
Yes, I did. Should I ask them what modules I am missing?

You could ask yes - it could be that you are missing research methods training modules or something more general than you are expecting.
You could ask yes - it could be that you are missing research methods training modules or something more general than you are expecting.

I just thought of something. During my second year, I took two modules called applied and pure mathematics. These modules were 40 credits each and covered a lot of content but my transcript does not list the content of the modules.
I just thought of something. During my second year, I took two modules called applied and pure mathematics. These modules were 40 credits each and covered a lot of content but my transcript does not list the content of the modules.

You really need to ask them for more clarification rather than speculating. If they are still adamant that you don't meet the requirements, you would probably struggle on the course, so you'll just have to let it go I'm afraid.
Reply 30
You are right. I can't call the admissions team or the department because of coronavirus.

you can still call them, as most of them redirect their calls to people's mobiles at home. I recommend calling to get info straight away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending