The Student Room Group

I graduated with a 2:2 AMA

Title says it all. Enrolled on a degree (accelerated) had a lot of personal issues and ended up having to repeat my second year (final year) came back and graduated with a 2:2 (I never thought I would be able to get a 2:2 only a third or a pass degree) anyway ask me anything.

And for the A* crowd out there, my burger flipping skills are on point :wink: (in b4 "prepare to work at mcdonalds for eternity")
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

congrats!!
Original post by Anonymous
congrats!!

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 3
Are you happy with that?
Original post by Prefect1992
Title says it all. Enrolled on a degree (accelerated) had a lot of personal issues and ended up having to repeat my second year (final year) came back and graduated with a 2:2 (I never thought I would be able to get a 2:2 only a third or a pass degree) anyway ask me anything.

And for the A* crowd out there, my burger flipping skills are on point :wink: (in b4 "prepare to work at mcdonalds for eternity")

Well done for performing so well under personal circumstances.
Original post by gtty123
Are you happy with that?

Yep, I had a lot to deal with and still graduated with a 2:2 which means i'll probably get to work the ice cream machine in Maccies as well
What subject is your degree in?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Well done for performing so well under personal circumstances.

Thank you, it's no 2:1 but the past three years have been extraordinary....
Reply 8
Yep, I had a lot to deal with and still graduated with a 2:2 which means i'll probably get to work the ice cream machine in Maccies as well

Well done on your achievement 🙂. I wasn't being sarcastic btw lol, I was genuinely curious if you were happy or not.
Thank you, it's no 2:1 but the past three years have been extraordinary....

As long as you are happy with it, it doesn’t matter. :smile:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
What subject is your degree in?

Primary Education (The course is quite broad but it's a mix of policy; educational developments; child development; child psychology; methods of instruction)
Primary Education (The course is quite broad but it's a mix of policy; educational developments; child development; child psychology; methods of instruction)

That's interesting, do you want to be a teacher?
Original post by gtty123
Well done on your achievement 🙂. I wasn't being sarcastic btw lol, I was genuinely curious if you were happy or not.

I know, It's just that i'm so used to getting the whole "I graduated with X or Y, Do you think you are worthy of employment in anything other than the fast food sector you peasant" line. Thank you :biggrin:
That's interesting, do you want to be a teacher

Honestly, i'm torn it's a lot of commitment (65-70 hours a week on an average week) and can be stressful and challenging at the best of times. I'm casting quite a wide net and seeing what's out there... but I'm definitely considering teaching roles and tutoring.
Congrats that's amazing!
I see that your degree is in primary education, is there other things other than teaching you could go into that would relate to that degree? Off the top of my head i'm presuming that that might be useful for social work relating to children
Original post by Valeriex
Congrats that's amazing!
I see that your degree is in primary education, is there other things other than teaching you could go into that would relate to that degree? Off the top of my head i'm presuming that that might be useful for social work relating to children

Social work is something i've considered. People seem to forget about all the support roles tbh. I have thought about becoming an EWO or using my training elsewhere... you can become a HLTA, a normal TA or go into a number of other support roles.
I know, It's just that i'm so used to getting the whole "I graduated with X or Y, Do you think you are worthy of employment in anything other than the fast food sector you peasant" line. Thank you :biggrin:

They're pretty harsh people. I don't understand their intentions sometimes. Is it to show off? Who knows. But, well done. You did you, and as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
Honestly, i'm torn it's a lot of commitment (65-70 hours a week on an average week) and can be stressful and challenging at the best of times. I'm casting quite a wide net and seeing what's out there... but I'm definitely considering teaching roles and tutoring.

Would you have to do a PGCE in order to teach?(Forgive me for the dumb question, I haven't got a clue in this field)
Original post by gtty123
They're pretty harsh people. I don't understand their intentions sometimes. Is it to show off? Who knows. But, well done. You did you, and as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Idk, it's generally a certain type. I once had a history teacher who attended oxford and did very very well indeed whilst he was there. He was a first class teacher and very humble... more often than not those that use the whole "omg you didn't get a first prepare to work in <insert fast food restaurant here> for the rest of your days" generally have little to boast about....
(edited 3 years ago)
Would you have to do a PGCE in order to teach?(Forgive me for the dumb question, I haven't got a clue in this field)

To teach in state maintained schools, yes

To teach in a private school, no

There are alternative routes such as an assessment only route but generally you'll have to do the PGCE.... There are degrees that come bundled in with QTS, sadly mine wasn't one of them so basically yeah i'd need to do the PGCE or go down the assessment only route
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending