The Student Room Group

They're involving police to monitor you off campus

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/nottingham-universities-reveal-plan-shut-4372093.amp

I would consider deferring. 😂 These universities are taking it too far now.

Scroll to see replies

They’re not really. They’re just publicising that university community police will be policing breaches of cv19 law as well as the usual anti social behaviour. So, you know, policing the university community as usual in a period where the law is stricter on public gatherings.
Thank god I’m on placement instead of being at Trent this year , definitely taking it too far
Original post by Universityhelp09
Thank god I’m on placement instead of being at Trent this year , definitely taking it too far

They're actually full of themselves. Imagine what restrictions will be in place in Uni halls... Where they actually have authority lol... Probably lights out at 8pm oh this is making them very happy, finally taking back control of student lives!
Original post by PQ
They’re not really. They’re just publicising that university community police will be policing breaches of cv19 law as well as the usual anti social behaviour. So, you know, policing the university community as usual in a period where the law is stricter on public gatherings.

With a more stringent rule book and nasty attitude.
They aren't the police, they are like PCSOs with a tiny bit more power.
Reply 6
just from experiencing last year, i would defer. uni isn't the same under lockdown, even just from an academic perspective.

but i disagree that the university is going too far; it's just abiding by government guidelines. university students can't be exempt from that.
Original post by DiddyDec
They aren't the police, they are like PCSOs with a tiny bit more power.

A tiny bit more power, is always the first guise of a bit more state involvement.

Next thing you know you'll have unmarked federal agents protecting university social distancing.
Original post by Joleee
just from experiencing last year, i would defer. uni isn't the same under lockdown, even just from an academic perspective.

but i disagree that the university is going too far; it's just abiding by government guidelines. university students can't be exempt from that.

It's really the off campus bit that goes too far. Also, rather than just doing so...... They felt the need to write a lengthy article in a local paper... Sort of a self righteous advertisement if you ask me. U of N management should be focused on getting its international rankings back to a respectable level, not infringing on the autonomy of students off campus.
Reply 9
Original post by Realitysreflexx
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/nottingham-universities-reveal-plan-shut-4372093.amp

They aren't going to get many for £60k, particularly given that they work in pairs and presumably they'll be most in demand at hours of enhanced pay.
Sounds more like a community PR campaign to me.
Reply 10
It's really the off campus bit that goes too far. Also, rather than just doing so...... They felt the need to write a lengthy article in a local paper... Sort of a self righteous advertisement if you ask me. U of N management should be focused on getting its international rankings back to a respectable level, not infringing on the autonomy of students off campus.

define 'off campus'? lots of student accommodation is no where near the university. i live a 10 minute walk from my uni in uni accommodation, but i'm sure i'm not 'on campus' as i live amongst residential housing.

if police are policing residential areas, it only makes sense that the university would support this. can't have a house party of 50 people in your uni accommodation when you couldn't do it at your neighbours.

it might be self righteous advertising or could be a criticism of the university, depends on the author idk.

Every year theres a new report there clamping down on Lenton parties.

And im not surprised, it would be awful to try and have a family on lenton boulevard.

£60K realistically is like one extra police officer after all the administrative work, pensions etc. One extra police officer for the metropolitan area of Notts is nothing.
A tiny bit more power, is always the first guise of a bit more state involvement.

Next thing you know you'll have unmarked federal agents protecting university social distancing.

Who would a federal agent act for without a federal government?
Who would a federal agent act for without a federal government?

Let's not act like the UK doesn't have people that can come take you away. No idea what they're called but you have to have something 😂.
Original post by mnot
Every year theres a new report there clamping down on Lenton parties.

And im not surprised, it would be awful to try and have a family on lenton boulevard.

£60K realistically is like one extra police officer after all the administrative work, pensions etc. One extra police officer for the metropolitan area of Notts is nothing.

Looool I'm just not happy with Notts right now this is my outlet. But it does seem pretty odd....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-53532479
Let's not act like the UK doesn't have people that can come take you away. No idea what they're called but you have to have something 😂.

The police :facepalm2:
Probably not unless it is a university policy.
Probably. As things stand I reckon if your indoors you will have to.
Maybe university will be about the study this year and not the drinking culture... Dun dun dun.

. Drinking will have to be in smaller groups, and people will have to form smaller circles. I reckon you can still have fun by just having a lot of humour to your heart and being creative.
Probably not unless it is a university policy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-53532479

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending