The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds

Any Postgraduate Applicants/Admitted candidates to the University of Leeds for 2020-21 particularly for MSc Data Science and Analytics?
Original post by Purple_Giraffe
Any Postgraduate Applicants/Admitted candidates to the University of Leeds for 2020-21 particularly for MSc Data Science and Analytics?

Hey there, Congratulations!. I have got an admit for the same course (Jan intake), but haven't decided yet as I am waiting for their response on my MSc Adv computer science (Data Analytics) application.

BTW are you an international applicant?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Mystique 105
Hey there, Congratulations!. I have got an admit for the same course (Jan intake), but haven't decided yet as I am waiting for their response on my MSc Adv computer science (Data Analytics) application.

I didn't get an admit :frown: but yes I am an international applicant
I didn't get an admit :frown: but yes I am an international applicant

Oh sorry:frown:. Have you applied to any other universities?
Oh sorry:frown:. Have you applied to any other universities?

Yep, I have admits from the University of Sheffield, Cardiff University, the University of Strathclyde, awaiting from QMUL.
Rejects from below:
University of Bath
University of Leeds
University of Glasgow
University of Manchester
My disadvantage was that I am not from a CS background.

wbu?
Yep, I have admits from the University of Sheffield, Cardiff University, the University of Strathclyde, awaiting from QMUL.
Rejects from below:
University of Bath
University of Leeds
University of Glasgow
University of Manchester
My disadvantage was that I am not from a CS background.

wbu?

Me neither. But I have 5+ years of work experience as a software developer.
Me neither. But I have 5+ years of work experience as a software developer.

Same, I'll be completing 6 years exp as a software developer in another month. How many admits other than from Leeds have you secured?
I have admits from Royal Holloway , City University and University of Surrey as well. Since I am planning for Jan intake royal Holloway and Leeds would be by top choices.
I have admits from Royal Holloway , City University and University of Surrey as well. Since I am planning for Jan intake royal Holloway and Leeds would be by top choices.

Shouldn't Leeds be a straightforward choice?
Yeah, But when I went through the course modules , since data science and Analytics is offered by school of mathematics it's mandatory to take some mathematics modules. In case of royal Holloway there is no such restriction and they also provide a variety of modules from which we can choose. That's y the confusion.
Yeah, But when I went through the course modules , since data science and Analytics is offered by school of mathematics it's mandatory to take some mathematics modules. In case of royal Holloway there is no such restriction and they also provide a variety of modules from which we can choose. That's y the confusion.

You mean the courses from List B right? That would be just 2 courses 1 in each semester. Linear Regression, Multivariate Analysis, Time Series, there are good ones in that list and all pretty relevant and application-oriented in terms of employability.

Leeds was my first preference just because of the variety of courses offered across Math, Computers, Geography and Business departments. Nowhere would you find such a blend of departments and the choices in terms of course

Hey, Where did you end up joining?? :smile:

I'm considering Leeds as my first choice for MSc Data Science and Analytics. If you did join Leeds, How would you describe the course? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest