The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wow that’s so quick! Was this for the May 2020 application? I was told I reached the standard for interview but no interviews going ahead atm. Congrats though!
Original post by esh007
Has anyone else received a provisional offer for RTF? I submitted my video interview on 28/06/20 and was told on 09/07/20 that I had met the required standard and that I was being placed on the reserve list for Gatwick. Literally one day later I received a provisional offer and am now in the pre-employment check stage.

That was quick. Do they tell you what you scored in interview?
Have they indicated anything about when you might start?
Reply 22
Original post by Tay118
Wow that’s so quick! Was this for the May 2020 application? I was told I reached the standard for interview but no interviews going ahead atm. Congrats though!

I’m the same as you! I’ve met the required standards but no interviews were able to be undertaken yet. Congratulations on your job offer, so good it happened so quickly for you!
Reply 23
Original post by esh007
Thank you! I originally got the exact same email but then I got a link to an interview sent a couple of weeks later. Have a look at my reply to Tay, hopefully that brings some reassurance :smile:

Thank you for that :smile:! Do you mind me asking what the video interview was like? Only intrigued how they would do it, but I know they don’t have much choice given the current circumstances. No worries if not and congratulations again! Every bit of luck in your new adventure!
Reply 24
Original post by esh007
You basically sit in front of your webcam or phone and a question appears on the screen which you have 30 seconds to read. Then it automatically starts filming your response. It is weird to not be speaking to an actual person! They do give you a practice question though so you can see how it all works.

The questions are all a mixture of strengths and behaviours based. Obviously you can’t prepare for the strengths questions but for the behaviour ones just make sure you have a couple of examples prepared from the 4 behaviours that they are looking for and use the STAR response when answering :smile:

That is great advice, thank you, really appreciate it :smile:.
Reply 25
Hello all,

I was Interviewed on 28 June 2020 via video link for the RTF role (Gatwick) (May 2020 applications). Email of the interview outcome received within a week after the interview, got 31 points "strong demonstration". Have been put on a reserve list. No movements since.
I did my interview on 26th June, recieved an email stating I had passed (Outstanding Demonstration) and was going on a reserve list on 15th July, 16th July recieved a provisional offer and am now doing pre-employment checks
Reply 27
Original post by theurbanjedi
I did my interview on 26th June, recieved an email stating I had passed (Outstanding Demonstration) and was going on a reserve list on 15th July, 16th July recieved a provisional offer and am now doing pre-employment checks

Congratulations!!!

do you mind sharing your interview scores ? also, where did your apply for ?
Original post by bil99
Congratulations!!!

do you mind sharing your interview scores ? also, where did your apply for ?

Behaviours 27, Strengths 16 - Total 43
No idea what they mean though.
I put down Heathrow.

I'm not sure whether I will ultimately take the job, although I have accepted the provisional offer. I would like to have some idea of the shifts and take home pay, but thats pretty hard to find out. Also would like to know about potential career progression/promotion prospects.
Reply 29
Original post by theurbanjedi
Behaviours 27, Strengths 16 - Total 43
No idea what they mean though.
I put down Heathrow.

I'm not sure whether I will ultimately take the job, although I have accepted the provisional offer. I would like to have some idea of the shifts and take home pay, but thats pretty hard to find out. Also would like to know about potential career progression/promotion prospects.

You got really good scores.

What I know so far about the job is its a shift pattern, early, late and nights. depending on your location it could be either 10 hour or 12 hour shift. You travel around and do a variety of work. You always get day offs to compensate with your shift patterns.

If you are already in the Civil Service then your basic salary will be calculated accordingly and your starting salary will be matched. If you are an external candidate then you will get a basic salary £27,762 (initially). When your training is completed then additional 48.65% of the basic.

In terms of the promotion, I would say you can always apply for a promotion as long as you meet the criteria. I think this job would give you an opportunity to learn a lot of skills and do a variety of work which would ultimately give you a mix of competencies for the promotions.
Original post by bil99
You got really good scores.

What I know so far about the job is its a shift pattern, early, late and nights. depending on your location it could be either 10 hour or 12 hour shift. You travel around and do a variety of work. You always get day offs to compensate with your shift patterns.

If you are already in the Civil Service then your basic salary will be calculated accordingly and your starting salary will be matched. If you are an external candidate then you will get a basic salary £27,762 (initially). When your training is completed then additional 48.65% of the basic.

In terms of the promotion, I would say you can always apply for a promotion as long as you meet the criteria. I think this job would give you an opportunity to learn a lot of skills and do a variety of work which would ultimately give you a mix of competencies for the promotions.

Thanks - I think this is all info I already know, especially pertaining to the advertised salary. I run a consultancy which I would want to continue doing, so my questions around shifts revolve around what sort of pattern (4-week, 5 week?) it will be so that I can plan ahead for extra-curricular work! Im very familiar with shift working, travelling and 70+ hour weeks, so thats not an issue.

Judging by the starting salary and AHA that assumes a monthly take home after tax, but before pension of £2641.85? This represents a significant income cut for me, so this is something I would need to consider - if I was able to continue my consultancy, or if the role was available part-time, then that would change my perspective somewhat.

I will wait until the pre-employment checks have been completed and take it from there, as they (inclusive of the SC) will doubtless take some time.

Cheers!
Reply 31
Original post by esh007
You’re welcome and good luck!!!

I did my video interview yesterday, just wanted to thank you again for your pointers and advice! Will let you know my scores when I receive them. How long did it take you to get your interview results? :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by IWads
I did my video interview yesterday, just wanted to thank you again for your pointers and advice! Will let you know my scores when I receive them. How long did it take you to get your interview results? :smile:

Fingers crossed for you! I’m still waiting, out of curiosity what did you get for your application score? Wondering if that impacts the order of interviews.
Reply 33
Original post by Tay118
Fingers crossed for you! I’m still waiting, out of curiosity what did you get for your application score? Wondering if that impacts the order of interviews.

Thank you, I’m really hoping I’ll find out soon as interview scores seem to be one of the quicker parts to come through! Well I got a 4 in my application which I was quite disappointed with myself about as I didn’t use the success profiles for the application like I should have. I have since applied for another BF position and used the profiles and although I haven’t received the score for that but feel a lot more confident in it already. But as I got an interview for RTF (which would be my preferred position anyway) I still met the minimum standards. Where did you apply for? As that could also maybe be a contributing factor?
Reply 34
Original post by IWads
Thank you, I’m really hoping I’ll find out soon as interview scores seem to be one of the quicker parts to come through! Well I got a 4 in my application which I was quite disappointed with myself about as I didn’t use the success profiles for the application like I should have. I have since applied for another BF position and used the profiles and although I haven’t received the score for that but feel a lot more confident in it already. But as I got an interview for RTF (which would be my preferred position anyway) I still met the minimum standards. Where did you apply for? As that could also maybe be a contributing factor?

That’s interesting, I got the same. 4 also disappointed but I had a feeling it was going to be my weakest compared to the other 3. I put down 3 choices, Gatwick, Heathrow and Folkestone in order of distance of commute. Where did you put down?
Reply 35
Original post by Tay118
That’s interesting, I got the same. 4 also disappointed but I had a feeling it was going to be my weakest compared to the other 3. I put down 3 choices, Gatwick, Heathrow and Folkestone in order of distance of commute. Where did you put down?

I would imagine you would hear soon then, you could always email recruitment and ask for an update if they have one :smile:. I went for Folkestone and Dover I think! The interview email really took me by a nice surprise as I really wasn’t expecting it due to seeing so many people wait around 6-12 months, so just keep waiting and where they’ve told you you’ve met the requirements you will get an interview:smile:. Good luck, I’m sure you’ll do great.
Reply 36
Original post by IWads
I would imagine you would hear soon then, you could always email recruitment and ask for an update if they have one :smile:. I went for Folkestone and Dover I think! The interview email really took me by a nice surprise as I really wasn’t expecting it due to seeing so many people wait around 6-12 months, so just keep waiting and where they’ve told you you’ve met the requirements you will get an interview:smile:. Good luck, I’m sure you’ll do great.

Thank you, I hope so 🤞🏼I might send them an email. Good luck with the interview results!
Reply 37
Hi everyone, I know it seems to be different for each area etc but just for a rough idea please could I ask those who have had a video interview and have received their results how long it took for the results to come through? Many thanks :smile:
Reply 38
I’m still waiting to hear. I took my video interview on 23rd July, thinking about emailing GRS to find out about any updates.
Reply 39
Original post by Afc1414
I’m still waiting to hear. I took my video interview on 23rd July, thinking about emailing GRS to find out about any updates.

Thank you, yeah it could be worth an email. I waited and they emailed me a couple of days ago asking for my ID in an email as it didn’t upload successfully on the video interview! Did you have that at all? I’ve also noticed that my status has changed in the portal from ‘invited to interview’ to ‘interview slot booked’ so somethings moved which really excited me haha:biggrin:. Have you checked the status of yours?

Latest

Trending

Trending