The Student Room Group

Worried about getting my results/dissertation mark

I know it’s so stupid to worry about something you can’t control but I spent SO much time on my dissertation. I did all nighters in the library, I travelled up and down the country, my supervisor was estatic about my ideas. I spent over 100 pounds on books for it.. and ugh I just would be so crest fallen if I don’t get a high mark. I really thought I did great & im so scared to open that results and get a bad grade :frown:
I feel like it would make me question everything, like even if I work hard at something I can’t achieve something good ?
Again this is stupid but I’m just really nervous and I feel sick lol. I just want to succeed so bad and have this one accomplishment, and not feel like a failure.
Reply 1
Have you not had your grades back? Which uni are you waiting on? I thought they had all released by now. You worked hard on a good topic and did the research so I am sure you did really well, especially given the current situation, did your uni have a no detriment policy?
Reply 2
Original post by mmsie
Have you not had your grades back? Which uni are you waiting on? I thought they had all released by now. You worked hard on a good topic and did the research so I am sure you did really well, especially given the current situation, did your uni have a no detriment policy?

Nope. Today’s the day and my final results are next week. I have a no detriment policy yes but my second year grades are quite low so I want them to get up there. Thank you!
Original post by xx1t35
Nope. Today’s the day and my final results are next week. I have a no detriment policy yes but my second year grades are quite low so I want them to get up there. Thank you!

Best of luck on your results :^_^:
Best of luck on your results. I’m nervous too as I have my dissertation result today
Original post by xx1t35

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Original post by xx1t35
I know it’s so stupid to worry about something you can’t control but I spent SO much time on my dissertation. I did all nighters in the library, I travelled up and down the country, my supervisor was estatic about my ideas. I spent over 100 pounds on books for it.. and ugh I just would be so crest fallen if I don’t get a high mark. I really thought I did great & im so scared to open that results and get a bad grade :frown:
I feel like it would make me question everything, like even if I work hard at something I can’t achieve something good ?
Again this is stupid but I’m just really nervous and I feel sick lol. I just want to succeed so bad and have this one accomplishment, and not feel like a failure.

Try not to think too much, as there's nothing you can do to change your mark now. Hopefully you get a mark in the ballpark of what you expect, but if not, you can sit down with your supervisor to discuss it so you can understand.

Let us know how you get on. :smile:
Just to update you all. I got a 2:1 (60%) on my dissertation today. I feel so emotional as with the pandemic I thought I had done worse. I had mitigating circumstances. I think the worst part is waiting for the results
Reply 8
Original post by Bunnyfan302
Just to update you all. I got a 2:1 (60%) on my dissertation today. I feel so emotional as with the pandemic I thought I had done worse. I had mitigating circumstances. I think the worst part is waiting for the results

Well done that is brilliant, congratulations
Original post by mmsie
Well done that is brilliant, congratulations

Thank you!
Original post by Bunnyfan302

That's amazing, congratulations! I hope it brings you some comfort, especially with your final results next week!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending